How high is Tannehill's ceiling? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How high is Tannehill's ceiling?

One huge factor in his ceiling will be his health. We must get better with the O-line and running game next year so we can reduce his sacks and hits by 60%. Otherwise, forget that ceiling.

Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion." :)
Well this is a Miami Dolphins message board, what would you expect... Anyone on here could open one of your threads and complain about another mathematics related thread... And to be honest, the way you invest yourself into all those statistics, I`d say your just as much a believer as anybody here(just not about this certain player but football in general), just in a different way...

I've never been in his house, so I'm not quite sure.

Another "Rorschach" thread. "Please, give me your opinion on something with a great deal of ambiguity, that no one can possibly know with great certainty."

Unsurprisingly, the strongest predictor of the nature of the response is the depth of one's emotional investment in the Miami Dolphins, which of course there is no shortage of on this site.

Consequently, it becomes a "tell me what I'd like to hear" thread, in which people get some sort of "confirmation" of what they'd like to believe from other like-minded individuals, all the while ignoring the objective evidence available.

I believe you'll find this same thing going on in just about any church this Sunday. It's called "religion." :)
Problem is, your "objective evidence" only shows you the past. You will never see the future in a box score

it's actually called a "forum". specifically made for Miami Dolphins fans, who would've guessed that fans have emotional investment...

If you're looking for somewhere else to post your discrete stats and relish in your self assumed superiority from us "less intellectual folk" please, go...maybe you'd be better off on a "general NFL forum"...that way you could escape all this pesky emotional investment, and confirmation bias that real fans tend to have....

see I can use italics too

beta2a8a-1.jpg

well you have to move over to another forum....to see

Is that the board where he lifted some posts made by someone else, totally misinterpreted them, and got called out on it by the person he lifted 'em from? Because :lol:

Trying to form-fit stats to predict level of future success, no matter how many co-efficients of variations to which one can point, IMO delivers as nebulous conclusions as those voluminous number of studies dedicated to predicting winning lottery numbers. No matter the correlated precursors there are just too many unforseen and uncontrollable variables and intangibles let alone randomness to project outcomes with any degree of confidence. To present a witches brew of numbers to assert otherwise is just an exercise of mental masturbation without a happy ending!

Sometimes Vaark is so eloquent with his words :lol:

Wow- shouright is now branching out his ignorance to include religion also. Know how I can tell you know nothing about religion?

Fact of the matter is, you are apparently ignorant about a great many things, and it's starting to piece together now. One must use reason in matters of faith, and football, and you are found lacking in both areas, for starters. There's still hope for you, and that's the really good news!

Back
Top Bottom