How Long Will Grier/flores Last? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Long Will Grier/flores Last?

How Long Will They Last?

• Total voters
It really depends on how they handle the Tannehill situation and finding his replacement. If they keep him on the roster, which is starting to seem more and more likely, then the fan base may implode and the stadium will be even more of a ghost town than it already is. They may be ran out of town if we go 7-9 again and are I sell the farm to Tua next year.

If they get rid of Tannehill and reach for Jones, Lock, or Grier in round 1. Then they may get a second year but the fan base will be ready to pull the rip cord at the first signs a mediocrity.

If they Tank, then before we celebrate the arrival of a possible franchise qb, we better look at how we lost. Was it injuries or a tough schedule or was it due to questionable schemes, personnel usage, and predictability? If the latter is true then they may not last long even with Tua or Fromm.

I am as confident as I can be at this time.

What does anyone know right now? with an incomplete roster at the start of a rebuild, couple pressers in and no practices or mini camps to give any idea of what this coaching staff can do. I will give Flores and Grier at least two years before I bitch and moan. This year is going to be tough to watch without the complaints but I'm going to try.

I voted 2-3 years. I don't think it is right or even fair, but that's the reality coaches face under Ross as owner.

I feel that Ross is fighting father time and not reacting to his coaching staff with the foresight a winner needs. If there is a change in ownership, then the new staff may have a chance. It would depend entirely on the new owners.

A lot for me depends on how we approach this off season with the roster moves. If they go all in on the rebuild approach, purge the roster of the old guys and under performers and start signing some young FA's with potential, backing this up with a solid draft that is more of a highest upside rather than BPA, players like Nasir Adderley, and of course have a solid plan for what they are going to do at QB, that they follow through on. Then I would be willing to give them as much time as they need (within reason of course). But I'm not 100% on board with the moves they've made especially the lack of plan at QB and the liklihood that Tannehill will be back, if that happens personally they've lost any good faith from me.

I’m of the opinion it takes 4 years to do a complete tear-down and rebuild. So I think 4 years is the minimum.

I disagree.

By the start of the 3rd season a regime will have had 3 off seasons to get their team, the third season you should be ready to contend.

The last 3 years we have seen teams in the second year of their regime play for a super bowl with the eagles of course winning it. This is a bit of a different situation, but it can be done.

Edit Correction: The Falcons were in their third year under Quinn when they went to the super bowl, not 2nd.

I definitely think that Flores was practically promised several years (3). You have to understand one he's not an idiot and everyone on the planet that knows what football is realize that this level of Re-build Can Not be done in a year or two.
Best shot would be to have a view or somewhat legitimate opinion of the direction and level of getting better in each additional year. Question will be does the team show enough progression to keep the current architects in office.
First actual full blown Rebuild since the 66 season. Something very few to none of us has real understanding of how to go about such a huge overhaul...
A hell of a lot of directions and missed and achieved opportunities in front of us.

Personally think that we have no clue as to their upcoming actions being right or not. FA approach of doing little or doing significant all each has its own value depending on the plan they are shooting for. Draft and building ? or giving up draft for that QB ? all options which make pretty much impossible to judge present moves when we truthfully have no factual clue as to their plans.

FA may show a sliver but first significant fact we will see will be how they handle this up coming Draft. traditionally and building DL, OL LBr, or they have a completely different idea and surprise the hell out of all of us, one way or the other.

Silly to try figuring it out at this stage, just to soon and not enough happening besides the New Staff whos success is so tied into these move not made yet but soon to come.... It's not like the last 2 decades.....

I look at it in stages. You absolutely can achieve a lot in year one. It's not difficult to identify those players that are unlikely to take you where you need to be, by age or a history of under performance and begin purging them. This year is the year to take all those cap hits.

Going hand in hand with the purge should be the accrual of young talent with high upside. There should be no expectations that these guys will hit the ground running and a clear expectation that they will need 2 or more years finally reach a level where they become an asset.

Once you've reached that point you can start adding the icing to the cake with some splashes in FA.

As long as there is a clear plan for all that, I think we all should be happy to go along for the ride.

i think they botched the start all ready. Everybody knows they are not creating a strong roster this year so now they can’t get a bridge qb

They cannnot go back to tannehill. None of his teammates will believe in a guy they are desperate to replace

If they get a qb for long term then it will work out I think. If not. Two years and it should be done.

If they don’t get one of the elite qbs for next year I would fire them all after draft.
That means they couldn’t get their basic plan off the ground.

Last edited:
Ross doesn't like to fire people and Chris Grier has already sold him on a mulligan season.

I think something would have to go very wrong (including off-the-field stuff) for these guys to get fired in two years. More likely, they will get 3-4 years even if it doesn't go well.

I disagree.

By the start of the 3rd season a regime will have had 3 off seasons to get their team, the third season you should be ready to contend.

The last 3 years we have seen teams in the second year of their regime play for a super bowl with the eagles of course winning it. This is a bit of a different situation, but it can be done.

Edit Correction: The Falcons were in their third year under Quinn when they went to the super bowl, not 2nd.

I'm really not going to quibble too hard over three vs. four years after the past 20. But your point is taken. It's really hard to see at this point how much the young talent on this team will do under the new regime. But the Eagles certainly wasn't a complete tear-down. That D-Line was pretty well set up when Pedersen walked in the door.

Start Backing away from that crystal ball

Actual Initial Evidence giving the Fan input to the credibility of the new staff and one of the first realistic evidence to begin to form a just opinion on.

" Including rollover money, Dolphins are projected to have more than $120 million in salary cap space in 2020 plus at least 10 draft picks. "

Pretty damn impressive at this time and a hint of maybe finally a staff going forward while knowing which way they are facing....

Back
Top Bottom