How many of you think Booker would... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many of you think Booker would...

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
..rather leave Monday nights game on the Chicago bus rather than Miami??? This guy show's no desire to be a Phin...I never hear any comments about how excited he is for the season..how Marty looks to return to his Pro Bowl level..NOTHING!! The man has talent and CAN be a great asset, but to me it seems like he would rather go back home with the Bears monday...Whats his deal??? Not to many players thirst to be in Chicago and act totally numb to Miami?? It's very confusing....He actually is a huge BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!! Marty whats the story my man??:confused: :confused:

He said he's over the fact that Chicago traded him. He talked to the Bears GM during the offseason.

He was betrayed by his team. Chicago told him they would never trade him and look what happened. So I'm not quite sure how badly he wants to go back to Chicago, But, I can understand if the guy is numb by what happened.

heres my thoughts, your getting paid more money then i will ever likely see. SHUT up and play ball. You make enough to bring your friends and family down here. GROW UP!!! So over booker ...

I find it funny that people think they know Booker and what he's feeling. From all accounts he's having a good camp, you just don't hear about him because he doesn't do anything flashy. (granted reports are he didn't have a good practice lastnight though) I know he had some issues with being traded last season, but it seems he's over it and is doing his job...so I don't know where all this "he's not showing any desire" talk is coming from. Do you know him?...did he tell you this personally? If not then don't put words in his mouth or tell us what he's feeling.

DBoston80 said:
..rather leave Monday nights game on the Chicago bus rather than Miami??? This guy show's no desire to be a Phin...I never hear any comments about how excited he is for the season..how Marty looks to return to his Pro Bowl level..NOTHING!! The man has talent and CAN be a great asset, but to me it seems like he would rather go back home with the Bears monday...Whats his deal??? Not to many players thirst to be in Chicago and act totally numb to Miami?? It's very confusing....He actually is a huge BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!! Marty whats the story my man??:confused: :confused:

You read one article about the guy missing Chitown when he first got here (that article is a year old by now), and all of a sudden, every time we play Chicago, he'd rather be there...grow up...let it go...he's over it, I'm sure...

Noodle Arm said:
I find it funny that people think they know Booker and what he's feeling. From all accounts he's having a good camp, you just don't hear about him because he doesn't do anything flashy. (granted reports are he didn't have a good practice lastnight though) I know he had some issues with being traded last season, but it seems he's over it and is doing his job...so I don't know where all this "he's not showing any desire" talk is coming from. Do you know him?...did he tell you this personally? If not then don't put words in his mouth or tell us what he's feeling.

Well said. You'd have had some issues last year too if you were blind sided by your team and then sent to the debacle that was the Phins last year. I've heard nothing but positives about him since then and I'm expecting a good year out of him. I don't need him to wave pom-poms or be a Miami Chamber of Commerce spokesman. I need him to catch passes and contribute to our success.

awing_pilot said:
heres my thoughts, your getting paid more money then i will ever likely see. SHUT up and play ball. You make enough to bring your friends and family down here. GROW UP!!! So over booker ...

He makes more money than youll ever see because hes a better athlete than youll ever be.. He didnt just get handed a spot in the NFL he had to work hard to get there and now that he makes a lot of money its no reason to tell him to shut up and play ball.. it had nothing to do with money, so that comment is pointless.

I cannot believe that somebody who apparently looks up to David Boston, a player who took up improper supplements and assault instead of rehab, is questioning Marty Booker. It's just sad.

Marty is going to shut all of you up. That's my prediction.

So I guess when he hurt his knee last year but rather then electing to take the rest of the season off like many speculated he decided to play, I guess that shows no will to play here.

The guy has been a class act, hasn't held out, hasn't demanded a trade and some still wanna down the guy who had a home and family in Chicago who one day out of the blue was basically forced to leave his home and family to go to another city.

LOL why do u feel the need to question one of the few class acts we have on the team?

DBoston80 said:
.. ...I never hear any comments about how excited he is for the season..

Your basis for disliking the guy is based on what the editors of the paper feel is important to print. Don't delude yourself into thinking you know what is going on in his head by what you do or do not read in the paper.

Jimmy James said:
I cannot believe that somebody who apparently looks up to David Boston, a player who took up improper supplements and assault instead of rehab, is questioning Marty Booker. It's just sad.

Marty is going to shut all of you up. That's my prediction.

I've given up on defending Marty. The haters will be surprised come this season.

awing_pilot said:
I don't think you realize how great of a place Chicago is. I've been gone from there 10 years and I still miss it.:cry:

He's going to be fine. Eveyone has mentioned the betrayed part because he had just signed a new contract with them to likely finish his career (and told that by management) he was also just made team Capt....come on...if you had just signed on to a new company in your favorite city and 1 month later they ship you to Detriot you'd be upset at 1st (if not forever :) ) also.

Back
Top Bottom