How many of you think Booker would... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many of you think Booker would...

zephon said:
He's going to be fine. Eveyone has mentioned the betrayed part because he had just signed a new contract with them to likely finish his career (and told that by management) he was also just made team Capt....come on...if you had just signed on to a new company in your favorite city and 1 month later they ship you to Detriot you'd be upset at 1st (if not forever :) ) also.

Imagine if you got to Detroit and found out that they do things differently there but that nobody has the slightest clue how things are done. That is the situation Booker found himself in, and I know it would certainly depress me if I were in it. The fact is that nobody had a clue what to teach Booker about our offense because the OC didn't even know the offense yet.

I know the Bears weren't any good last year, but he at least knew his role with them. He didn't know his role in Miami and had nobody who could even tell him what it was. Playing on a team that sucks isn't a lot of fun, but it's a nightmare when you don't know what you can do to help, nobody else does either, and you're away from your family who can't travel down to be with you for health reasons.

you guys are right!!! I mean its obvious he wants to be here!! Booker is a die hard phin and proboly hates chicago now..hey, I bet if you cut booker he would bleed Aqua and Orange!!! What am I thinking!!!!

...My opinion is based on what I have heard...you dont have to like it...the guy is like a stiff..no emotion...BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

DBoston80 said:
..rather leave Monday nights game on the Chicago bus rather than Miami??? This guy show's no desire to be a Phin...I never hear any comments about how excited he is for the season..how Marty looks to return to his Pro Bowl level..NOTHING!! The man has talent and CAN be a great asset, but to me it seems like he would rather go back home with the Bears monday...Whats his deal??? Not to many players thirst to be in Chicago and act totally numb to Miami?? It's very confusing....He actually is a huge BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!! Marty whats the story my man??:confused: :confused:
Bro, first off this guy got kicked in the nuts by "The Bears"! He was a team leader, and the numbness took a while to wear off. He played good for us last year. I look for The Book Man to have huge year for us! I like Boston, however we have to see if he can stay healthy. Booker will do what ever it takes, accross the middle, the short yardage to get the first down, and get pounded. I don't know why the negitivity, but watch out for him in 2005!:beerbang:

DBoston80 said:
..rather leave Monday nights game on the Chicago bus rather than Miami??? This guy show's no desire to be a Phin...I never hear any comments about how excited he is for the season..how Marty looks to return to his Pro Bowl level..NOTHING!! The man has talent and CAN be a great asset, but to me it seems like he would rather go back home with the Bears monday...Whats his deal??? Not to many players thirst to be in Chicago and act totally numb to Miami?? It's very confusing....He actually is a huge BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!! Marty whats the story my man??:confused: :confused:

hogwash. he's been a model citizen since he's been here. he shows up, does his job and doesnt complain. Best of all, he doesnt go around punching 55 year old airline employees.

DBoston80 said:
you guys are right!!!

Yes we are.

DBoston80 said:
..My opinion is based on what I have heard...you dont have to like it...the guy is like a stiff..no emotion...BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That may be true. He's not a very outspoken guy who brings attention to himself. He doesn't have to be...as long as he performs on the field it doesn't matter. But just because he's quiet doesn't mean he doesn't want to play here, I know everybody has opinions...yours just happens to be wrong. :tongue:

yankeehillbilly said:
hogwash. he's been a model citizen since he's been here. he shows up, does his job and doesnt complain. Best of all, he doesnt go around punching 55 year old airline employees.
:drinkers:

DBoston80 said:
you guys are right!!! I mean its obvious he wants to be here!! Booker is a die hard phin and proboly hates chicago now..hey, I bet if you cut booker he would bleed Aqua and Orange!!! What am I thinking!!!!

...My opinion is based on what I have heard...you dont have to like it...the guy is like a stiff..no emotion...BUZZKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

you're just pissed that he's going to be starting and Boston is going to be the #3 or even #4 receiver. ;)

:lol: :lol: ...AHHH the guy feels betrayed by the Bears..poor Booker!!! Get over it your a professional right??? A million dollar athlete..if the "numbness" is still there after this long..he needs some help!!! Part of being a football player is being a man...someting like that shouldnt matter anymore!! Im a dolphins fan so I hope he snaps out of his trans and becomes the booker of old..its just funny how some people pick and choose who to criticize and who not to...

DBoston80 said:
:lol: :lol: ...AHHH the guy feels betrayed by the Bears..poor Booker!!! Get over it your a professional right??? A million dollar athlete..if the "numbness" is still there after this long..he needs some help!!! Part of being a football player is being a man...someting like that shouldnt matter anymore!! Im a dolphins fan so I hope he snaps out of his trans and becomes the booker of old..its just funny how some people pick and choose who to criticize and who not to...
You need to put yourself in his shoes before you shoot him down. Booker was on the field doing what he could for the Dolphins, and Boston was at home getting paid. You have to look at things with an open mind, and be fair! Why are you hating on Booker anyway?

I hope Boston stays healthy to get on the field, and be a part of Chambers, Booker, Boston, and McMichael. I would like to see Gilmore step it up and be a contributor as well.

DBoston80 said:

Nothing you said makes sense. He's already gotten over being traded, you need to as well.

Facing his former team Monday in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio, is no big deal to Miami Dolphins wide receiver Marty Booker. "It's another game for me," said Booker, who was traded to Miami along with a third-round draft pick in exchange for Ogunleye last Aug. 21.

"You can hype it up however you want to. It is a preseason game where I am going out there and getting back to game conditioning. That's it."

Booker was initially hurt by the trade, but that wound has healed in part because of a conversation he had with Bears general manager Jerry Angelo.

"That is over and done," Booker said. "In the offseason I got a chance to sit down with Angelo. We discussed some things and it was all good."

http://chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=9506

DBoston80 said:

Sounds like what you heard you made up in your own mind considering you think he would 'ever' return to Chicago.

Or maybe you missed the fact that the reason Adewale Ogunleye got $5 million more in signing bonus was that the trade leaked out ahead of time and got back to Booker who then told Chicago due to his hurt that he would "never" play for them again if the trade fell through. Rosenhaus used that to squeeze more money out of the Bears because he knew if the trade fell through now that it was public that Chicago would be left with embarassment.

Booker has more heart, determination and love for this game in the palm of his hand then Boston has in his entire body.

About 90 minutes before the Bears traded Marty Booker
and a third-round draft pick for Ogunleye, Ogunleye's
agent, Drew Rosenhaus, sent word through the media
that the sides were too far apart and predicted the
deal would collapse. By then, Rosenhaus knew the Bears
could not allow that to happen. Booker had all but
guaranteed Bears managementâ€â€and certain members of the
Chicago mediaâ€â€that he would not show up at practice
Monday if the deal fell through. "That'd be too tough
for someone to come back and be dedicated after being
told they didn't fit into the team's plans, wouldn't
it?" Booker said.

Being that he felt betrayed by this team he is probably hesitant in getting involved emotionally with another. He got a reality check of the business side of it and is probably still uneasy about getting comfortable with an organization again. He'll impress this year no doubt.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
You need to put yourself in his shoes before you shoot him down. Booker was on the field doing what he could for the Dolphins, and Boston was at home getting paid. You have to look at things with an open mind, and be fair! Why are you hating on Booker anyway?

I would just like to see a little more out of Booker!! Whats wrong with that? Funny you KIDS insist on bringing Boston into this because of my screenname!!! Real mature.....I have made my critisizm's of Boston well known around here...But if I say something about bookers attitude it's war...you guys are on me like Booker's your damn father!!! Get a grip...what exactly has he done to win you over that much????

Back
Top Bottom