How Miami Dolphins Qb Josh Rosen Could Benefit From Waiting | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Miami Dolphins Qb Josh Rosen Could Benefit From Waiting

What I'm reading into it is the O-line is simply in shambles right now and they need to get that sorted to even get a proper assessment of Rosen. That isn't going to happen by Week 1, the way things are looking.

Flores can't just come out and say that. It would be perceived as unfair (especially by Rosen's agent) to sit a player based on the failures of another unit...or the coaching staff itself, if you want to point to the recent O-line coach firing.

I want Rosen out there as much as anyone as I was a big fan of the trade when it happened, but the guy is going to get decapitated week 1 behind this line. WORST case scenario at the QB position this season is Rosen getting hurt before they can even tell how good he is.

Part of the reason he's "not ready."

Holding the ball a tad long.

Not stepping up in the pocket.

Not being decisive enough.

Etc.

All of that only makes the OL worse.

The plan is for him to improve in the above areas systematically.

Rosen may benefit from waiting but next season he will be competing with a top QB rookie prospect.

They only way for him to avoid another QB competition is to win it now and prove to this staff that he is franchise QB. But with this O line that will be difficult to do. Rosen seems to be slower with his reads and getting the ball out, not a good recipe.

Interesting.

A lot of NFL folks etc. thought the trade down in R2 (picking up an R2 in '20) was a brilliant move
for a team obviously rebuilding. Bag a good QB prospect to develop and simply time defer the R2.

Maybe you should reserve your rather severe judgment until Grier has a chance to actually prove
what he can do with the new FO and staff. Are you expecting a serious playoff drive this year?
If not -- and you understand where the program is at -- then see this as a developmental year
and watch as we develop some new young talent. I think we've already shown some of that.
I dont know where I made it sound like that. The trade in a vacuum was fine. In fact i could understand the logic in saying it was a good trade. My point was it never made sense to me to make the trade for him on what is basically a 1 year prove it deal on a team devoid of talent. I loved the offseason up until that trade. Idk, I'm not a guru but to me it seemed like we had a plan...and then got trigger happy and the trade on a qb who has already shown he has major flaws in his game. If I was a betting man i would say it will work out as a 2nd round pick for our backup to the QB we draft next year. We probably turn around and trade rosen in a few years for a 5th.

I dont know where I made it sound like that. The trade in a vacuum was fine. In fact i could understand the logic in saying it was a good trade. My point was it never made sense to me to make the trade for him on what is basically a 1 year prove it deal on a team devoid of talent. I loved the offseason up until that trade. Idk, I'm not a guru but to me it seemed like we had a plan...and then got trigger happy and the trade on a qb who has already shown he has major flaws in his game. If I was a betting man i would say it will work out as a 2nd round pick for our backup to the QB we draft next year. We probably turn around and trade rosen in a few years for a 5th.

Another interesting fact.

I don't remember Grier or Flores or whoever making that statement.

I think (maybe) you're confusing your take with the actual decision behind the move.

So without even playing a regular season game you have decided that a trade back to pick up another 2nd next year and picking up a former 1st round QB, who has looked somewhat respectable, is idiotic? That may be a little 'short sighted on your part. Most would call it something else but I'm not ready for a timeout...
I'm sorry I dont blindly think everything is a brilliant move. Some people have different opinions. Yes I think trading a 2nd round pick on a guy who will probably be replaced next year is stupid. I loved Griers offseason until he made that trade. I also loved griers 2016 draft. I think the rosen move specifically never made any sense to me because I thought there was value to be had at that pick in the draft that could help us build the team while staying focused on drafting a qb next year...that seemed like the plan, and the one I agreed with for that matter. Once again, I'm a Dolphins fan so I'm rooting for Rosen to prove me wrong and make me eat crow.

Like seriously Rosen...come on...prove me wrong please?

Another interesting fact.

I don't remember Grier or Flores or whoever making that statement.

I think (maybe) you're confusing your take with the actual decision behind the move.
I dont think you know what facts are and are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Are you saying you dont believe we will draft a QB next year?

I dont think you know what facts are and are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Are you saying you dont believe we will draft a QB next year?

Never remotely inferred that. What's up with the 1 year deal with Rosen???

You're the one who stated that.

Is it correct?

Do you think Rosen precludes the possibility of drafting a QB in 20?

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I think Rosen fell into our laps the same way Tunsil fell. The deal was as close to a no brainer as it gets. We got a #10 pick in the draft, a guy with a big upside that tons of teams and scouts were drooling over just a year ago. We get a guy with a great arm, great feet, great mechanics and the ability to make every throw an NFL QB needs to make. He has also shown some ability to escape the rush, something we haven't seen around here in a while. Flores may be protecting Rosen by not starting him. If Rosen doesn't start opening day he'll be under center shortly, mainly because he's much better than Fitz. When he gets in there if he excels it won't matter if it was opening day or game 3 or even game 5. My over under on Rosen being under center for the Dolphins this year is game 4.

I keep reading this "shell-shocked" perception and I'm not going to completely disagree. That OL was 'Dolphin' bad. That said, *IF* Rosen still has some weak areas Flo wants to beat out of Rosen, having RF start is a good way. Have rosen stand beside the QB coach. 'Did you see how Ryan handled the center after that bad snap?' 'Watch the way he acts after that bad route.' Let Rosen see a vet NFL QB in action. Let him see leadership and body language. Shell-shocked or not, almost all young QBs can gain a lot by 'watch and learn.'

If we are talking about when Dallas Thomas and the other turnstiles were here then I would agree with you, but last years OL was no were near what AZ's OL was near the end of the season. They have guys starting that were straight off the street. We were never that abysmal.

Either way you look at it. if Rosen fail. we will not know if we got qb until 2022 or 23. Flores might be building roster for next coach

Last edited:
Never remotely inferred that. What's up with the 1 year deal with Rosen???

You're the one who stated that.

Is it correct?

Do you think Rosen precludes the possibility of drafting a QB in 20?

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I'm not going to lie I laughed when I read this. I don't know if I am correct. Just a gut feeling I have posted on a message board that hopefully I will be wrong about in a few years.

...and huckleberry.

Rosen will have his opportunity to show if he can escape last seasons poor play and his (relative) slow start here. More likely in my opinion than Fitz showing that he can win more than he loses something he has done exactly once in the last 15 years...

For the record I think Miami's and Rosen's future will benefit with having him sit. Add another chip to his shoulder... Either way its going to be fun to watch this season play out. Change is fun...

Either way you look at it. if Rosen fail. we will not know if we got qb until 2022 or 23. Flores might be building roster for next coach

Don't think so bro. Have hope. Light one up!

I got hope. We got find qb. I understand what u are saying. Just being real. That problem w dolphins organization..

Back
Top Bottom