How Much Clarity Is There Regarding Grier's Past Contributions? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Clarity Is There Regarding Grier's Past Contributions?

Kiko Alonso wasn't a bad trade. You could argue that his extension was bad, but we essentially traded nothing for him, as we were still able to draft Laremy Tunsil with that pick.

William Hayes is a bad trade in the sense that he got injured, but we acquire the guy for essentially nothing and he was very good when healthy.

The rest, I'll agree with you. In particular, the Kilgore trade is a weird one. I was very fine with the decision to move on from Pouncey, but Swanson came in and honestly looked better than Kilgore. That's eye-opening.

Joe Schad just tweeted this eye opening look back at the incompetence of this front office...whoever was making these calls....

Players the Dolphins have traded for in the last 3 years....Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Julius Thomas, William Hayes, Stephone Anthony, Robert Quinn, Daniel Kilgore & Akeem Spence.

God almighty. Seeing those names in one sentence....ouch.

scrub at QB? What do you think we've been doing for the last 20 years?

A qb like tannehill would probably keep us between 7-9 and 9-7. I'm talking a real scrub like a Cleo Lemon, Ray Lucas, Osweiller, etc.

He either sat in the corner doing bugger all for 18 years - and thus should be sacked.

Or has been part of the problem (consistent promotions imply that became a key part of the decision making) for 18 years - and thus should be sacked.

as that Bama dude noted -- it's unclear as to who in the org pushed for certain picks and/or trades etc. But we do know Gase was certainly involved as well as TBum. So it's a matter of degree in relation to the all important factor of responsibility. But now moving forward Grier is the MAN and he gets the "benefit" of complete control and corresponding accountability.

At this point I'll keep in simple and state Grier has the pedigree and connections to do a very solid job -- and at least for now I really think he will. Bottom line, we're overdue for a little good fortune so maybe it starts now?

If not -- there's always sunbathing!

as that Bama dude noted -- it's unclear as to who in the org pushed for certain picks and/or trades etc. But we do know Gase was certainly involved as well as TBum. So it's a matter of degree in relation to the all important factor of responsibility. But now moving forward Grier is the MAN and he gets the "benefit" of complete control and corresponding accountability.

At this point I'll keep in simple and state Grier has the pedigree and connections to do a very solid job -- and at least for now I really think he will. Bottom line, we're overdue for a little good fortune so maybe it starts now?

If not -- there's always sunbathing!

At least we know who to blame now...

Back
Top Bottom