How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins

usf dolfan23 said:
I think you are better off trying to walk onto a college team first. I'm pretty sure its near impossible to just "walk on" to a proffesional team.

last i checked, diet pepsi machine got drafted #1 overall and he NEVER went to college.
clear.gif

**HS yearbook photo.

dolphan8055 said:
Hello all i am on a vigourous workout plan that will last for two more years i want to get into 100 percent tip top shape and i am only 21 i would liek to know if anyone has any information on how to accomplish to get a tryout with the Miami dolphins or an NFL team i have googled it a million times and cannot find anything even remotely close to help me. Nublar i hope you have something...:dolphins:

It is really not hard at all. I have done it several times now. All ya have to do is turn on your PS2, put in Madden, and go to SuperStar mode. You can then create yourself and you will get drafted. You may have to do it several times before the dolphins draft you, but they will if you do it long enough. GL and hope ya have fun :D

All negative comments aside. It IS possible. And there is someone currently on our team who "walked on".....the leading scorer....try Olindo Mare.

It can be done.

dolphan8055 said:
To all the people here who have said nothing but kind words of motivation and have given advice to me i thankyou very much but to the three or four who swear i am saying nothing but bull**** all i can say is screw you and those are three or four less tickets im going to give to the fans and for the people who asked i bench 325 8 times but am improving and have good stamina can run for a good period in strenuous situations. The arena thing and opther organizations are good ideas i am going to sit down with my wife tommorow and speak to her about it. thankyou very much god bless oh eyah and position of choice is Dt but i willo play any position if given the oppertunity.
well i wish you the best of luck bro
didnt think id see you back after some of these idiotic posts
it will be a tough journy but a rewarding one if you make it
impressive bench by the way!!!!
we need more people in the world today with your attitude and drive

once again best of luck !!!!!!

oh and i have a couple buddies that are on the osu football team and two play dline, so i will see what there numbers are so you can compare yourself to a D1 college starter

I've been laughing the whole time I've been reading this thread.... The bedridden comment was hilarious. I'm amazed how many replies this thread has received. The comment the doctor made pretty much sums it up as far as a guy who is 6'1'' and 380 lbs. I wouldnt try out for anything until you lose a good 40 lbs. Your begging for a heart attack playin football at 380 lbs. on a 6 foot frame.

Here is your way in...

go tryout for a arena team if you make it then you can show you can play. Plus TV exposure

you have to show you can play at a level nobody just walks on.

Even Parmelee drove a UPS truck but I believe he was playing Semi ball or somthing when he got picked up.

325 x 8 is good enough. You could probably rep 225, 25 or 30 times.Get some cardio in, and cut out a few pounds like others have suggested. It really shouldn't take you any time at all to cut 30-50 pounds. I wouldn't go running much like someone suggested. At your weight, you're asking for ankle or knee problems if you run too much.You could mostly stick to some biking or brisk walking. I'd diet for a couple of months, and then concentrate on actually getting on the field at some level. Two years is kind of long to wait to start playing. Go for it. If nothing else, you will see where you need to improve at a younger age, giving you more time to improve on it.

FinFanGirl said:
actually since i work with an arena team, i might be able to get you a tryout, but arena teams work like the NFL, they dont just try people out. We actually have scouts that scour the NFL waiver wire and contact those players who have been cut or released or not drafted. Jamar martin was in camp for us this week. We just signed Van Brown(a practice squad player for the phins last yr). Its actually quite difficult to get into the arena leagues.
The Florida Firecats just signed Deon Dyer.

dolphan8055 said:
Hello all i am on a vigourous workout plan that will last for two more years i want to get into 100 percent tip top shape and i am only 21 i would liek to know if anyone has any information on how to accomplish to get a tryout with the Miami dolphins or an NFL team i have googled it a million times and cannot find anything even remotely close to help me. Nublar i hope you have something...:dolphins:

listen, dont mean to be a bubble burster here, but working out won't get you there, you need to have acceptional genetic talent. you would be told by a coach and picked out if you had any kind of hope. did you play a lot of football in highschool? if you were an acceptional talent it may be an idea to tryout at a college, but bear in mind, you really have to be the best talent around. good luck to ya though
:df81:

Haournyie said:
I have never heard of anybody walking on to an NFL Team

There have been a couple, the one guy that stands out is from the eagles, He used to drive miller light trucks, then all of a sudden he was returning kicks for the eagles it wasnt to long ago, i dont kno if hes still with the team.

Back
Top Bottom