How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins

dolphan8055 said:
well thats teh thing i dont know...I have a tariner that specializes in football i only played highschool but am 6'1 380 pounds and am very evry strong i give myself 2 more years of strenth straining and then try to get a shot but i dont know any routes to take to get the tryouts going.but for those of you who are rooting for me if i make it ill get you guys tickets lol

6-1 380?:eek: dude!

clear.gif

Buy Nick a nice car, he'll let you join the team.

Scrap said:
He said very strong though. The reason I ask is because (and I'm not sure if anyone else remembers this) Manuel Wright only got 225 up 16 times on his bench before Miami got him. I got that 2 months ago at 200ish pounds. At 380 if he's "very strong", he could be as ready (strength-wise) as he needs to be.
I laugh at that when i read it. I'm 190 doing 225 for 16. Manny needs some discipline

BigScuingili said:
I laugh at that when i read it. I'm 190 doing 225 for 16. Manny needs some discipline
:lol: Manny may be strong, but that's weak for his size as a pro athlete. That was a year ago. I bet he'd punk us both out on the bench now.

Vinpaulino44 said:
The best thing to do is try out for a semi pro team and if you make it and are a NFL quality player then the scouts will do thier Job

Good Luvk

eric swann played semi pro and was drafted by the cards i beleive. if you have talent they will find you.

Matt3w said:
Strength EvaluationHow Does Your Strength Compare to D-I Football Players?
http://www.criticalbench.com/sportstraining.htm

http://www.criticalbench.com/strengthchart.htm

The Ultimate Strength ChartAre You Strong or Not?

http://www.criticalbench.com/strengthchart.htm
Would y'all like a 33 year old runningback ? Based on that first chart, I'm pretty much superior. Good thing it didn't mention 40 times. I could probably run with the Bus these days, but that's about it. He's carrying alot more weight than I am though.:tongue:

Look into the NFL Europe league. They have open tryouts in Tampa prior to the season. If your good enough, the tape and scouts will find you. Look into the arena league or the Canadian league, but something where you can showcase your skills. Good luck.

To all the people here who have said nothing but kind words of motivation and have given advice to me i thankyou very much but to the three or four who swear i am saying nothing but bull**** all i can say is screw you and those are three or four less tickets im going to give to the fans and for the people who asked i bench 325 8 times but am improving and have good stamina can run for a good period in strenuous situations. The arena thing and opther organizations are good ideas i am going to sit down with my wife tommorow and speak to her about it. thankyou very much god bless oh eyah and position of choice is Dt but i willo play any position if given the oppertunity.

dolphan8055 said:
To all the people here who have said nothing but kind words of motivation and have given advice to me i thankyou very much but to the three or four who swear i am saying nothing but bull**** all i can say is screw you and those are three or four less tickets im going to give to the fans and for the people who asked i bench 325 8 times but am improving and have good stamina can run for a good period in strenuous situations. The arena thing and opther organizations are good ideas i am going to sit down with my wife tommorow and speak to her about it. thankyou very much god bless oh eyah and position of choice is Dt but i willo play any position if given the oppertunity.

Good luck! If you make it, make the phins better!

Haournyie said:
I have never heard of anybody walking on to an NFL Team

This is from memory...

Bernie Parmalee walked on for us. He was a UPS driver. He also had an agent who wanted some high signing bonus, and when Shula heard that he said no thanks.

Then about 2 weeks later he fired his agent and dropped his signing bonus down to like $44,000 or something to pay off his credit cards, and his agent wanted like 2M signing bonus.

Here in dallas they do have open tryouts for the Desperados (Arena) so I THINK that they have them for the cowboys too. I have the same fantasy of playing for the NFL, but they said that in order to pass the 1st round of tryouts you needed to run a 4.5 40yd and do 200 pushups and bench like 235. So I was never that fast and the other things were rediculous so goodbye nfl dream LOL. They said that the linemen could run a slower 40 of like 4.8...

I could SWEAR that Mike Anderson was also a walk on, and is a former Marine that worked his way up through the rec. leagues in the corp and tried out for the broncos.

Back
Top Bottom