How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to tryout for the Miami Dolphins

This thread sounds like a joke to me. An athletic person who is 380 ususally already has strength and needs to work on speed, not the other way around...I second the call of BS on this!

However Lewis played semi-pro ball and in the Arena league. He was also on the Eagles practice squad in 2000 before being cut and going to New Orleans.

Rod Smith was undrafted. However he enjoyed a stellar career at Missouri Southern State University, finishing with career receiving yards of (3,043) and touchdowns (34).

The poster has mentioned he has never played beyond highschool. I think it would be VERY hard to get a walk on try out without University or Semi-pro experience.

Hey I'm big and strong too, doesn't mean i'm NFL material.

Good luck to you though.

Bro,first off if your that good you need to start off by sending teams videos of you playing in your "high scool games" work out tapes,you stats,bio.I highly suggest you get an agent (chep one) or agent wanna be.Now that's only if your for real and you think your that good.I know a few player and I can tell you from what I here THEY DO HIT HARD.I even lived next toy an ex-NFL now AFL player and he even told me them boys hit to hard for me to try to go back.

Csonkanator said:
Eric Swann, who was a Pro Bowl D-Lineman for the Cardinals in the late 90's was a piano mover, and the Cardinals owner used him and loved his size, so he gave him a tryout and then signed him...If i can remember right, he didn't go to college, but i may be wrong....but he turned out to be a hell of a D-lineman....so i think it's possible, but semi-pro wouldn't hurt....

He played semi-pro ball tho after high school while moving. He then on advice declared for the draft and had someone pushing him, had workouts, etc. He didnt just move furniture and get a tryout.

man i wish you all the best of luck to reaching your dream in playing in the nfl.....a lot of hard work and a lot of patients can help you achieve your goal

I know a guy who plays in the NFL. I'll ask him for you!!! Seriously, reguardless of what anyone else thinks I DO know someone personally who plays in the NFL, and I swear man....... I will ask him.

Haournyie said:
I have never heard of anybody walking on to an NFL Team

Bernie P was a UPS worker who went through try outs when he signed with the club.

you gotta play semi-pro first. then if u are good enough, youll get a try out for nfl europe. if u are good enough there you will get a try out to the nfl. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE ELSE. DO NOT TRY OUT FOR ARENA FOOTBALL. NFL europe is the highest level of non-NFL football, especialy if you are as big and strong as you claim. arena might be alright for WRs and QBs. I played for a semi-pro team up here in Va., and have gone to the NFL europe combine. Now that the NFL is trying to get more global appeal, NFL europe is going to grow.

usf dolfan23 said:
I think you are better off trying to walk onto a college team first. I'm pretty sure its near impossible to just "walk on" to a proffesional team.[/quote/]
yup i agree!

outlawd2u said:
I know a guy who plays in the NFL. I'll ask him for you!!! Seriously, reguardless of what anyone else thinks I DO know someone personally who plays in the NFL, and I swear man....... I will ask him.

what player do you know?

FinFrenzy said:
Bernie Parmalee did he used to work for UPS :wink:
thank you..thats what i thought...hell if the guy training you is a pro at training football players he should be able to point you in a direction. if not get a mangaer or a agent

Back
Top Bottom