Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated

How bout he stick with the team and try and win a Super Bowl instead of worrying about more money

Why not get more money and stick with the team and try to win a Super Bowl?

Why can't he professionally have the business side of his career taken care of and then work as hard in the offseason and come back even stronger in 2021?

I got news for you, Players that have all pro seasons and are in the running for player of the year aren't going into the next season without guaranteed money. That's in every single sport in the world.

Why not get more money and stick with the team and try to win a Super Bowl?

Why can't he professionally have the business side of his career taken care of and then work as hard in the offseason and come back even stronger in 2021?

I got news for you, Players that have all pro seasons and are in the running for player of the year aren't going into the next season without guaranteed money. That's in every single sport in the world.
I gotcha

I know he works hard and his interception in the end zone vs Kansas City shows it

Can't wait for you guys to want to trade Tua if he's the best QB in the league and demands the biggest QB salary.

This conversation is interesting to me moving forward. The guy that always comes to mind is Earl Thomas.

Earl Thomas, from what I've been able to determine from an amateur point of view, is a complete tool.

However, he got pretty well screwed after playing for the Seahawks as one of the best safeties in the NFL under a "no guaranteed money" contract situation. He wanted guaranteed money, but kept playing anyway. He blew out his knee, and Seattle walked away from him.

This conversation is interesting to me moving forward. The guy that always comes to mind is Earl Thomas.

Earl Thomas, from what I've been able to determine from an amateur point of view, is a complete tool.

However, he got pretty well screwed after playing for the Seahawks as one of the best safeties in the NFL under a "no guaranteed money" contract situation. He wanted guaranteed money, but kept playing anyway. He blew out his knee, and Seattle walked away from him.
Agreed. The guaranteed money thing can be negotiated fairly easily Im sure. If he is in it for more money well then his happy ass can go ahead and net us some more draft picks for all im concerned. Don't need cancers like that on this team. But I have a feeling it is more the first. And this is all speculation anyways, no reason to leak it to the press.

I hate it for the team but at the end if the day player careers are short. Players have to maximize what they can make.

Its not as if nfl teams don't have the upper hand 99 percent of the time with non guaranteed contracts.
BS...thinking like that is the problem...selfishness!

Trade him for two first rounders.
That's probably what Bill Bellichick would do.

I absolutely love Howard and he certainly has earned the right to seek the best contract he can. NFL careers are short and he's had some injuries.

But if Miami could get two #1 picks for him, wouldn't you have to at least consider it? Different prior to the salary cap when a team could stockpile talent.

Then again, maybe with all the young talent on the roster Miami could absorb a huge salary.

That's probably what Bill Bellichick would do.

I absolutely love Howard and he certainly has earned the right to seek the best contract he can. NFL careers are short and he's had some injuries.

But if Miami could get two #1 picks for him, wouldn't you have to at least consider it? Different prior to the salary cap when a team could stockpile talent.

Then again, maybe with all the young talent on the roster Miami could absorb a huge salary.

For sure you have options open. But there is nothing improper about Howard wanting an uptick in base and some guaranteed money after the season he has had.

Obviously if its not to our liking then you get what you can get and keep it moving. But for a team void of elite players, you can't always get enamored with draft picks every time you develop one and have to pay him like he is the best at his position. These things will happen.

But again, there is no proof that this is even an issue. Its Armando making up fantasy "sources" trying to get his name in the news. He knows how emotional this fanbase can get about stuff like this.

Simple restructure. Give some guarantees add some safety for the team. Tie future guarantees to performance add some voidable years to spread cap and show “new money”. Everyone is happy and your top CB and best player on defense stays happy and motivated by the future guarantee triggers. There easy No Drama. Just changing the structure

Back
Top Bottom