Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner

Trade him to Philly for the 6th overall pick. They can use DB's BADLY!

If you aren't going to trade him, pony up the money. This way you prevent him from getting doctor's notes for routine knee surgery that will take 4 weeks to heal, while we're in the middle of a playoff chase.
Philly didn't tank just to trade #6 overall for a soon to be 28 year old CB who will be past his prime by the time the Eagles will be ready to compete again. If they wanted a CB they'd be better off drafting Surtain at 6.

Philly didn't tank just to trade #6 overall for a soon to be 28 year old CB who will be past his prime by the time the Eagles will be ready to compete again. If they wanted a CB they'd be better off drafting Surtain at 6.
They can't afford him anyway... they are in deep cap Hell.

Absolutely...

The whole idea of "I was the 4th best X, so I should get at least the 4th highest amount of money" idea is just CRAP.

Are you in the neighborhood? Did you get a bonus when you signed? Then shut the Hell up and act like a man, rather than a criminal.
Wtf? Acting like a criminal for holding out? I'm not on board with the holdout since we literally made him the highest paid CB 2 years ago but to relate it to acting like a criminal is over board.

Wtf? Acting like a criminal for holding out? I'm not on board with the holdout since we literally made him the highest paid CB 2 years ago but to relate it to acting like a criminal is over board.
me me me... is all I hear... which is the sign of either a malignant narcissist or a person lacking in character... I'll stick with what I wrote.

Philly didn't tank. They were terrible all year. If you followed the Philly news there stands to reason that Pederson took Wentz out to spite Wentz. It's been reported that Wentz would kill plays that were sent in, miss wide-open receivers, and argue in the QB meetings.

That said, Slay holds his side down...the other CB for Philly, whoever it is on a game to game basis, get SMOKED. My money is on them taking Surtain. If you had a choice between Howard and Surtain...who would you take?

Philly didn't tank. They were terrible all year. If you followed the Philly news there stands to reason that Pederson took Wentz out to spite Wentz. It's been reported that Wentz would kill plays that were sent in, miss wide-open receivers, and argue in the QB meetings.

That said, Slay holds his side down...the other CB for Philly, whoever it is on a game to game basis, get SMOKED. My money is on them taking Surtain. If you had a choice between Howard and Surtain...who would you take?
Unless you were Super Bowl ready... you take Surtain all day long.

Philly is NOT Super Bowl Ready... or even close.

Unless you were Super Bowl ready... you take Surtain all day long.

Philly is NOT Super Bowl Ready... or even close.
To each his own...

They've drafted CB in almost every draft...none have worked out. That's the weakest part of a nice defense.

If I were the GM of the Eagles I'm taking Surtain 100%. I'm in a rebuild why would I want an expensive vet knowing full well my priority is to restock the talent with young players. Only reason I'm trading for a 28 year CB with a huge contract is because I feel that's what I need to make my defense SB caliber. If I'm in a rebuild no way would I do it when I can draft a significantly younger talent that will be on my team for the next 6-8 years.

If I were the GM of the Eagles I'm taking Surtain 100%. I'm in a rebuild why would I want an expensive vet knowing full well my priority is to restock the talent with young players. Only reason I'm trading for a 28 year CB with a huge contract is because I feel that's what I need to make my defense SB caliber. If I'm in a rebuild no way would I do it when I can draft a significantly younger talent that will be on my team for the next 6-8 years.
The Eagles aren't in a rebuild...

Who told you that. They will get their o-line back next season (they played with 3rd stringers), a new coach who I doubt puts up with insubordination from Wentz.They had a bad season. They are far from in a rebuild.

To each his own...

They've drafted CB in almost every draft...none have worked out. That's the weakest part of a nice defense.

They've drafted a CB in 2 of the past 4 drafts. One in the 4th round of the 2018 draft and than 2 in the 2017 draft in which they spent a 2nd and 3rd. If they draft Surtain at 6 that will be the first 1st round pick they use on a CB since 2002 when they took Lito Sheppard.

The Eagles aren't in a rebuild...

Who told you that. They will get their o-line back next season (they played with 3rd stringers), a new coach who I doubt puts up with insubordination from Wentz.They had a bad season. They are far from in a rebuild.

If they aren't, they should be. Philly has a nightmarish cap situation right now, maybe second only to the Saints. They are 51 Million over as we speak and will be shedding players and contracts to even have a team next year.

They've handed out TONS of bonuses and guaranteed contracts for too many years and this comes due in the offseason this year. Take a look at that last column... that's where you can save money on the cap by releasing players... you see how few options that they have? This team has two options... completely tear it down, or convert EVEN MORE salaries to bonus money and kick the can down to 2022.

It's going to be REALLY ugly. If it was me, I would have already fired the entire front office.

1610847409049.png

Fine, then the organization cannot cut players. Make it go both ways.
Contract law is called that... because it is law.

...and the contract that the NFL players association has signed with the NFL states that contracts are not guaranteed unless there is specified guaranteed money... and X didn't sign a contract with that. Therefore... he can be cut.

Thems the rules as currently constituted. Feel free to say they should be changed.

If they aren't, they should be. Philly has a nightmarish cap situation right now, maybe second only to the Saints. They are 51 Million over as we speak and will be shedding players and contracts to even have a team next year.

They've handed out TONS of bonuses and guaranteed contracts for too many years and this comes due in the offseason this year. Take a look at that last column... that's where you can save money on the cap by releasing players... you see how few options that they have? This team has two options... completely tear it down, or convert EVEN MORE salaries to bonus money and kick the can down to 2022.

It's going to be REALLY ugly. If it was me, I would have already fired the entire front office.

View attachment 62780
Roseman will get around it. He always does. DJackson, Ertz, and don't be surprised if through all the talk...Wentz aren't on the team next year. He'll work something out.

Back
Top Bottom