Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner

Contract law is called that... because it is law.

...and the contract that the NFL players association has signed with the NFL states that contracts are not guaranteed unless there is specified guaranteed money... and X didn't sign a contract with that. Therefore... he can be cut.

Thems the rules as currently constituted. Feel free to say they should be changed.
Look up history, law doesn't mean its right.
Then people should not start Boston tea party, and should not start Franch revolution, its all against the law. Law allowed slavery before civil war.

Law 101. Go learn it.

Roseman will get around it. He always does. DJackson, Ertz, and don't be surprised if through all the talk...Wentz aren't on the team next year. He'll work something out.
Not how it works...

Those last times when he worked it out... he converted salary into bonuses, and those bonuses have to be paid against the cap eventually-- immediately, when a player leaves.

You, and the Eagles, are whistling past the graveyard now. They are dead where they stand. If they cut Wentz, they'll have 24M LESS, not more in their cap. Cutting Lane Johnson would cost them 21M LESS...

They're screwed.

The cap is a selfish bitch and eventually she comes due... she doesn't go away by magic.

Look up history, law doesn't mean its right.
Then people should not start Boston tea party, and should not start Franch revolution, its all against the law. Law allowed slavery before civil war.

Law 101. Go learn it.
ROFL... so you are arguing that the NFL players Association should ignore the contract that they've signed... and start a revolution?

Really?

(chuckle)

They've drafted a CB in 2 of the past 4 drafts. One in the 4th round of the 2018 draft and than 2 in the 2017 draft in which they spent a 2nd and 3rd. If they draft Surtain at 6 that will be the first 1st round pick they use on a CB since 2002 when they took Lito Sheppard.
What are you talking about?

They draft DBs and the lines. Because they haven't drafted one in the first doesn't mean their luck with drafting DB's will change.

Not how it works...

Those last times when he worked it out... he converted salary into bonuses, and those bonuses have to be paid against the cap eventually-- immediately, when a player leaves.

You, and the Eagles, are whistling past the graveyard now. They are dead where they stand. If they cut Wentz, they'll have 24M LESS, not more in their cap. Cutting Lane Johnson would cost them 21M LESS...

They're screwed.

The cap is a selfish bitch and eventually she comes due... she doesn't go away by magic.
I'll revisit this post when he does what he usually does.

Some people round here need to step away during the offseason.

Players ask for money all the time, just like people at their place of employment. Only difference is its reported in the NFL.
Give us your view...not a pointless comment saying "players ask for money all the time" Really?
Some people need to stop posting pointless comments. 😉

ROFL... so you are arguing that the NFL players Association should ignore the contract that they've signed... and start a revolution?

Really?

(chuckle)
Really, absolutely.
You bought up, 'its the law' argument.
So I taught you about the essence of law.
And poked hole to your argument.
Frist lesson free for you.

Last edited:
If he wants to be highest paid CB then I think he's potentially gone. Not seeing 2 of the top 5 highest paid CBs in NFL on the same team.

*****Most stupid reply of all time.****

Fine, then the organization cannot cut players. Make it go both ways.
when he signed the contract he was the highest paid corner, holding out on the team that showed enough faith to make you the highest paid corner after coming back from injury is a dick move...he gonna hold out everytime a corner gets a better deal than him?

i got no problem with a person trying to get more money in their line of work cuz lets be real everybody always feels theyre underpaid no matter what profession it is but at the end of the day, he signed a contract, noone held a gun to his head and forced him to sign it...he got paid alot of money and played well, he wouldve gotten paid the same amount if he played like **** this year

What are you talking about?

They draft DBs and the lines. Because they haven't drafted one in the first doesn't mean their luck with drafting DB's will change.

I don't think you draft a player in the 4th round thinking you've penciled in a future starter. Sure you hope you can develop him but if he can be a good special teams contributor/solid depth you're happy with the selection.

Going back to your original comment where you said and I quote

They've drafted CB in almost every draft...none have worked out. That's the weakest part of a nice defense.

The only real investment they've made on CB's imo is the 2nd and 3rd they used in the 2017 draft since you don't draft someone in the 2nd round with the idea of him being a good special teamer or just solid depth. You expect him to be a starter in a year or 2. If the Dolphins didn't address the QB position until the 4th round I don't think many fans would be satisfied with that as a real attempt to shore up the lack of a QB of the future on the roster.

Spending #6 on Surtain would be their 1st real attempt to draft a potential quality starter at SB since 2017 which by the time the draft rolls around would be 5 drafts ago.

He consistently outplayed Byron Jones so I can see why he wants paying more. 10 interceptions in a season was incredible. The guy is a ball hawk.
Ok if I’m the GM I will say I’ll redo the deal. League vet minimum and 2 million every interception 1 million for pro bowl and 2.5 million for all pro. Go out there and get that 24 million next year just sign here.

Asking for raises when you outperform expectations and effect revenue directly for your company is one thing, holding out every time someone gets a bigger pay check than you is another. It sets a ridiculous precedent and is not good for the game. Nobody needs 15M/yr to play a game as it is, quit letting them take the best sport in the world and ruin it.
I have no pity for these guys, if they get hurt and can't go to "work" for 3 years they'll still cash a full pay check the whole time.....cry me a river.

Back
Top Bottom