Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard is going to hold out if he isnt the highest paid corner

The Texans aren’t trading Watson for Tua and Howard straight up. It would take at least two first round picks and a second round pick, along with Tua and Howard for the Texans to be interested in a trade for Watson. That would be a ridiculous trade for the Dolphins and not one I would have any interest in seeing them make.
Well IF a trade for Watson happened many say it would take 4-1sts or the equivalent in picks and players. Howard is worth two and if Tua is as good as everyone says he is then Tua is worth 2. Even if we had to give up Howard, Tua and our 18th I'd still do that. Then take the 3rd pick and trade it down for possibly 2-1sts or a 1st and 2nd and pick up some skill players.

Howard,Tua and the 18th pick for Watson...If the reports about Howard are accurate I'd rather ship him out then have a cancer grow in the locker room...

If I added up all of the negative posts about Howard wanting a few million more and all of the negative posts about Jordan Howard stealing $5 mil from the team this year, guess which topic will have more negative posts?

This has absolutely nothing to do with being a "team" guy or the salary cap ramifications. Dig deep within yourselves and ask what this is really all about.
Being a team guy... and salary cap ramifications.

That is EXACTLY it.

I'm not to worried about this to be honest. We can easily kick some more towards him to satisfy his demands, one thing I don't worry about with Grier is the salary cap. He has shown to be quite savvy with his contracts and this would be all about the structure of the contract.

We've waiting way to long to have an all-pro on our team and even with his injury history, I am not in any rush to get rid of him because of a few million dollars.
The thing is...

The REASON that Grier has been savvy is that he has AVOIDED doing exactly what X wants... more bonus money and guaranteed salary.

That is EXACTLY how teams get into salary cap Hell... go look at the Eagles. You just do NOT want to go down this road.

You seemed to ignore the entire first sentence. Not surprised.
Because you arbitrarily said that our reasons were not true... then insinuated something else that you wouldn't name. Go ahead Kam... why do you think we are saying this? I'm dying to know.

The thing is...

The REASON that Grier has been savvy is that he has AVOIDED doing exactly what X wants... more bonus money and guaranteed salary.

That is EXACTLY how teams get into salary cap Hell... go look at the Eagles. You just do NOT want to go down this road.
at some point you have to worry about winning as well, there can be a healthy balance between keeping your star player happy and not being in cap hell. Players win games not cap space and we are talking about a couple million per, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

at some point you have to worry about winning as well, there can be a healthy balance between keeping your star player happy and not being in cap hell. Players win games not cap space and we are talking about a couple million per, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Until the next guy shows up... and the next guy... and the guy after that.

...and before you know it, you are in deep and the fifth guy is saying, "why won't you do it for me, you did it for everybody else?" At some point, you have to say... "no".

I would think a deal including Tua and X would be extremely unlikely. The Texans would have to be in love with both and who’s to say they are, I would think that would just muddy it up. I hear he’s in love with the 49ers but of course Miami has been mentioned.
I expect him to be moved but I think for mostly picks. If they are enamored with Tua we definitely have a leg up if we even have interest.

Until the next guy shows up... and the next guy... and the guy after that.

...and before you know it, you are in deep and the fifth guy is saying, "why won't you do it for me, you did it for everybody else?" At some point, you have to say... "no".
One day we will hopefully have to worry about paying 5 guys top tier money but it isn't an issue right now. How about we keep what we have for now and try building up our high end talent instead of removing from it..

Guys who constantly want their contracts renegotiated are poison to me. As good as many of them are... their selfishness is not good for team unity or the good of the team in this salary cap era.

Selfishness, as long as it's not on the field, shouldn't be the next man's business. I thought the unwritten rule was to stay out of another man's pocket.

I would think a deal including Tua and X would be extremely unlikely. The Texans would have to be in love with both and who’s to say they are, I would think that would just muddy it up. I hear he’s in love with the 49ers but of course Miami has been mentioned.
I expect him to be moved but I think for mostly picks. If they are enamored with Tua we definitely have a leg up if we even have interest.
You are probably right... they'd have no use for him really. Without Watson... they won't compete for a couple of years. Now... they might take X and then move him again... maybe a three team trade?

Selfishness, as long as it's not on the field, shouldn't be the next man's business. I thought the unwritten rule was to stay out of another man's pocket.
Unfortunately... this is the salary cap era... and what one man makes, comes out of another man's hide. If there were unlimited funds available (like in Baseball), it wouldn't matter one whit, but this isn't baseball... and contracts are not guaranteed... and X has signed a legally binding contract that makes him a multi-millionaire.

Unfortunately... this is the salary cap era... and what one man makes, comes out of another man's hide. If there were unlimited funds available (like in Baseball), it wouldn't matter one whit, but this isn't baseball... and contracts are not guaranteed... and X has signed a legally binding contract that makes him a multi-millionaire.
Theeeeeere it is.

Envy.

Back
Top Bottom