Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform

Howard gonna be Howard. Who knew the gif, of Will Smith, he posted a few years ago; would be a precursor to his actions today.

Unless he actually doesn't play and thinks the penalties will be resolved by the new contract he isn't going to get.

I'd be curious to know what his team mates think about his actions, or even if they are paying any attention to them at all.
That would be interesting. I would imagine there are differing opinions. X has always seemed to be a good teammate, and basically a likeable guy, so those that kniw him probably have conflicted feelings.

I mean we've likely all had friends who, though we loved as brothers, we thought were making mistakes.

I really don’t care that he liked the picture. What I won’t like is if he misses pre season training while under a 4 year contract. I understand his desire to be paid more money but I also understand the Dolphins not wanting to renegotiate his contract at this time. I think if he continues to hold out, it is only a matter of time before he will actually be pictured in the uniform of the team he is traded to.
$50k per day non-refundable adds up quick!

Unless he actually doesn't play and thinks the penalties will be resolved by the new contract he isn't going to get.

I'd be curious to know what his team mates think about his actions, or even if they are paying any attention to them at all.
Just a guess... the fact that exactly NONE of them have supported him is quite telling.

Well, to be fair, even if they did privately, to do so publicly probably wouldn't be a wise career move if they want to be on this team.
Now... take that analysis a step farther. If what you've said is true, then Hoard knows it too. Ergo, he doesn't want to be on this team.

Now... take that analysis a step farther. If what you've said is true, then Hoard knows it too. Ergo, he doesn't want to be on this team.
That may be true. At this point, I would suggest that even if it didn't start out that way, there is "bad blood" now.

That may be true. At this point, I would suggest that even if it didn't start out that way, there is "bad blood" now.
I've mentioned this before... all lawyers will tell their clients to avoid the media, to say nothing... to stay off social media.

The Dolphins have shown the ability to do this with regard to Hoard, but he has not shown that same discipline. It seems like each week, he makes a new tweet, says something negative on FB or Instagram... Hoard is painting himself into a smaller and smaller corner, and he doesn't seem to care.

No coach is going to like that... a coach like Flores, even less so. I believe he's damaging his own pocketbook here.

I have no idea what the answer is to this, but I'd be curious to know what % of players who are disgruntled prior to the start of a year and end up staying on the same team go on to have good rest of the careers with said team.

I have no idea what the answer is to this, but I'd be curious to know what % of players who are disgruntled prior to the start of a year and end up staying on the same team go on to have good rest of the careers with said team.
I wish there was a good way to measure that.

I've mentioned this before... all lawyers will tell their clients to avoid the media, to say nothing... to stay off social media.

The Dolphins have shown the ability to do this with regard to Hoard, but he has not shown that same discipline. It seems like each week, he makes a new tweet, says something negative on FB or Instagram... Hoard is painting himself into a smaller and smaller corner, and he doesn't seem to care.

No coach is going to like that... a coach like Flores, even less so. I believe he's damaging his own pocketbook here.
There are a couple possibilities here.

He may be trying to force a trade now, but has misjudged the situation so badly from the beginning, that he has indeed painted himself into a corner. The Phins aren't so desperate for day two picks that they are forced to "give him away", so there is zero incentive to trade him. If he sits out they recoup the cap money anyway. If he plays, and sucks, he damages potential future earnings. If he plays well, the Phins still control his rights, and can likely get a bigger return on a trade.

Basically, as has been said so many different ways, ad nauseum, he has no leverage. The team holds four aces, and he keeps going "all in", trying to bluff with a pathetic small pair.

It hurts the team, no doubt, but not nearly as much as he is hurting himself.

There is almost no path where he can "win" the exchange, short of some other team trading a stupid amount for him.

There is almost no path where he can "win" the exchange, short of some other team trading a stupid amount for him.

That, to me, is the key. Apparently X wants to be highest paid CB in the NFL - maybe, at least, 2nd highest. Any acquiring team will have to pay that, probably with most guaranteed, AND 'pay' Miami for his services. That has been my question all along. In spite of what fans think, DAL, NO, WASH aren't 'one piece away.' Throw in cap space and it gets more problematic. Even worse, Miami loses NOTHING significant by letting X sit out a year UNLESS a team makes a good offer - none of this R3 stuff.

I remain inclined X is in Miami this fall UNLESS, as you say, another team offers "a stupid amount for him." I expect fans will know the answer befor1 8/1.

It’s a common attorney/agent practice to force a trade if the team isn’t giving in. I would think he’ll intensify the social media posts as it gets closer to camp especially if talks aren’t going well. No team wants a disgruntled player but they surely will get what they can for him.

I personally think the damage is almost complete and the team wants him gone.

Back
Top Bottom