Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform

I have no idea what the answer is to this, but I'd be curious to know what % of players who are disgruntled prior to the start of a year and end up staying on the same team go on to have good rest of the careers with said team.

It's to a point for the team's sanity and to move on that they just trade him, imo. I don't think this situation goes away and the last thing you want is a star player in the locker room acting out. This team needs to trust in their plan and the players they've been rising like Iggy to be able to step in and be okay.

That's the entire design behind this team and it's defense. There's always talent ready to step in and the defense is dynamic and fluid to process losses.

That, to me, is the key. Apparently X wants to be highest paid CB in the NFL - maybe, at least, 2nd highest. Any acquiring team will have to pay that, probably with most guaranteed, AND 'pay' Miami for his services. That has been my question all along. In spite of what fans think, DAL, NO, WASH aren't 'one piece away.' Throw in cap space and it gets more problematic. Even worse, Miami loses NOTHING significant by letting X sit out a year UNLESS a team makes a good offer - none of this R3 stuff.

I remain inclined X is in Miami this fall UNLESS, as you say, another team offers "a stupid amount for him." I expect fans will know the answer befor1 8/1.

Yep! Whatever is going to happen should happen in the next 2 weeks max.

I can't fault Howard on this one. The Dolphins signed Jones and drafted a.CB so that cutthroat Grier is in a position to dump Howard in a year or two when his play & earning power are on the decline. This is Howards greatest leverage left to get more money.

Then again, I support if the Dolphins tell him to stfu and play or sit out. He's locked up through the rest of his prime. I applauded the Steelers for playing tuff with their RB, and I was totally fine with that approach for Minkah too.

I can't fault Howard on this one. The Dolphins signed Jones and drafted a.CB so that cutthroat Grier is in a position to dump Howard in a year or two when his play & earning power are on the decline. This is Howards greatest leverage left to get more money.

Then again, I support if the Dolphins tell him to stfu and play or sit out. He's locked up through the rest of his prime. I applauded the Steelers for playing tuff with their RB, and I was totally fine with that approach for Minkah too.

So the Dolphins weren't supposed to protect themselves and their business from an often injured and rarely play the entire season in X? They weren't supposed to draft a young CB and another talent that could play #1 out of what? Respect for a player that more likely than not wouldn't be available for the entire season?

If you're calling out sick more times than you actually work at your job. That job shouldn’t be allowed to hire others that could be available those shifts?

That's what you think is CUT-THROAT?

Please this is interesting. Explain this to me further?

Last edited:
It's to a point for the team's sanity and to move on that they just trade him, imo. I don't think this situation goes away and the last thing you want is a star player in the locker room acting out. This team needs to trust in their plan and the players they've been rising like Iggy to be able to step in and be okay.

That's the entire design behind this team and it's defense. There's always talent ready to step in and the defense is dynamic and fluid to process losses.

Agree. We all, including me (notice I didn't say 'myself'), analyze this as if it's all money/players/draft picks. It isn't. At some point Miami will consider the 'soft stuff' - how much are they willing to accept a disgruntled player, how much 'cancer' will they accept? Those soft considerations will adjust what they will accept in trade. The higher their concern for the soft stuff, the less they'll demand in trade.

This guy has been and will be a malcontent his whole career. Imo trade him while his value is at it’s peak. No way he’s get 10 picks again I could easily see him getting hurt this year with his injury history

I've mentioned this before... all lawyers will tell their clients to avoid the media, to say nothing... to stay off social media.

The Dolphins have shown the ability to do this with regard to Hoard, but he has not shown that same discipline. It seems like each week, he makes a new tweet, says something negative on FB or Instagram... Hoard is painting himself into a smaller and smaller corner, and he doesn't seem to care.

No coach is going to like that... a coach like Flores, even less so. I believe he's damaging his own pocketbook here.

" Hoard is painting himself into a smaller and smaller corner, and he doesn't seem to care."

This pretty much sums up the entire situation - well said.

There are a couple possibilities here.

He may be trying to force a trade now, but has misjudged the situation so badly from the beginning, that he has indeed painted himself into a corner. The Phins aren't so desperate for day two picks that they are forced to "give him away", so there is zero incentive to trade him. If he sits out they recoup the cap money anyway. If he plays, and sucks, he damages potential future earnings. If he plays well, the Phins still control his rights, and can likely get a bigger return on a trade.

Basically, as has been said so many different ways, ad nauseum, he has no leverage. The team holds four aces, and he keeps going "all in", trying to bluff with a pathetic small pair.

It hurts the team, no doubt, but not nearly as much as he is hurting himself.

There is almost no path where he can "win" the exchange, short of some other team trading a stupid amount for him.

"trying to bluff with a pathetic small pair."

Fun to try and figure out what that "small pair" (other than cards) might be, but I could guess at several - LOL

Have you considered running for a seat in congress? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom