Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard: "likes" image of himself in Cowboys Uniform

The smart move for him would be to play hard this season and request a trade, prove himself in back to back seasons and handle this next year when the Dolphins and everybody else has more cap!

I think everyone here sees that; unfortunately "X" doesn't seem to follow our board.

He could get good advice from us for a lot less then he is paying his agent, just ask any of us - LOL

How dare he go and do something like "like" a photo... he's such an a@%hole! We should package him in a trade to the Texans for someone who's fighting dozens of sex assault alligations.

This is why I try not to get too worked up about fans reactions to things. logic has gone the way of the dodo bird.

And yes I know the OP didn't mention anything about trading for Watson, just used as an example of how fans get worked up about stupid s#$t like liking a photo or a tweet, but are willing to over look other greater issues if it fits their needs.
The daily meltdowns I’m seeing are kind of a thing of beauty. I’m about ready to cancel my Netflix account and just spend the remainder of the offseason eating popcorn and watching comments on the X contract situation.

The smart move for him would be to play hard this season and request a trade, prove himself in back to back seasons and handle this next year when the Dolphins and everybody else has more cap!

You’re forgetting Howard having played all of last season is an anomaly for him. It’s more likely than not he doesn’t finish the season without missing time due to injury. He and his agent know that and IMO is a big reason why they’re going against convention and trying to get paid now.

I think the Dolphins and other potential suitors are aware of that likely possibility too.

Smart money says Howard doesn’t play all 17 regular season games this year. A Dolphins post season berth adds to that possibility.

Interestingly it means the Dolphins would have to find a solution in his absence away as if he got traded to another time and his services are no longer available to them.

Worst he’s gotten his money, his injured, and his trade value is lower than it is today.

No brained decision by this organization…you trade him this off-season and let someone else deal with that possibility.

Last edited:
You’re forgetting Howard having played all of last season is an anomaly for him. It’s more likely than not he doesn’t finish the season without missing time due to injury. He and his agent know that and IMO is a big reason why they’re going against convention and trying to get paid now.

I think the Dolphins and other potential suitors are aware of that likely possibility too.
Agreed, that’s why I mentioned proving himself in back to back seasons…he seems afraid to attempt it!

Agreed, that’s why I mentioned proving himself in back to back seasons…he seems afraid to attempt it!

Ofcourse he is as his next big payday is tied to it. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if his knee was bothering him during last season. More than a few times he looked and moved like it was a problem.

If you’re X and his agent wouldn’t you do everything in your power to sucker someone into paying you one last huge payday?

It really makes me wonder how the ppl that want to give the player a new, long term gauranteed deal justify their position in their minds. Then there are those that believe he is worth 2 firsts, or more in a trade.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking, not having a grasp of the situation, or just plain delusional.

I think everyone here sees that; unfortunately "X" doesn't seem to follow our board.

He could get good advice from us for a lot less then he is paying his agent, just ask any of us - LOL
A big part of the situation is he isn't paying his agent. His agent needs to get the team to sign him to a new deal to get a % of that deal. As it stands Howard is on his previous ndeal and his prior agent gets a % of that deal.

It really makes me wonder how the ppl that want to give the player a new, long term gauranteed deal justify their position in their minds. Then there are those that believe he is worth 2 firsts, or more in a trade.

I don't know if it's wishful thinking, not having a grasp of the situation, or just plain delusional.
I'm onboard with guaranteeing his 2022 salary or trading him. Just don't want to see the team screw around and cut him next season in a cost cutting move and get nothing in return.

If you’re X and his agent wouldn’t you do everything in your power to sucker someone into paying you one last huge payday?
Sure, but pi$$ing ppl off, and threatening a holdout seems like a poor strategy for attracting suckers. Strong arm tactics aren't effective without leverage. PT Barnum he is not.

I honestly don’t think they’ve truly considered the uncertainty and risk involve. They’re thinking like fans and not like someone that owns a business with many short and long term considerations.

Sure, but pi$$ing ppl off, and threatening a holdout seems like a poor strategy for attracting suckers. Strong arm tactics aren't effective without leverage. PT Barnum he is not.

I never said it was the smart way to do it.

I honestly think the players and coaches know how this game is played. They know in negotiating, players and gms bluff and posture right up til the last minute. In the next few days or weeks one side will fold, Howard will either be traded, signed to a new deal or report to camp on the old deal. With the exception of some fans this will be in the rear view mirror and a thing of the past. The losing side will of course bring it up again next time they're at the negotiating table.

Last edited:
I'm onboard with guaranteeing his 2022 salary or trading him. Just don't want to see the team screw around and cut him next season in a cost cutting move and get nothing in return.
Why would they cut him If he plays at a level commensurate with his salary? It wouldn't make much sense. If he doesn't, for some reason (such as another injury) why keep him on?

As it stands now, it doesn't look like he has some great trade value anyway.

If he doesn't play at all, they recoup the cap space, regardless.

That's why he has no leverage. There is little upside, and big possible downside for the team to give him a huge new contract. They already control his rights, without any gauranteed $.

I liked laaaamb.

However, with Fuller and Waddle.... only parsons and that's it
Can't see them giving up Parsons, but they also drafted Cox who I like. Now, Parsons and Cox aren't similar players. Cox would be a role player so Miami would need more.

Why would they cut him If he plays at a level commensurate with his salary? It wouldn't make much sense. If he doesn't, for some reason (such as another injury) why keep him on?

As it stands now, it doesn't look like he has some great trade value anyway.

If he doesn't play at all, they recoup the cap space, regardless.

That's why he has no leverage. There is little upside, and big possible downside for the team to give him a huge new contract. They already control his rights, without any gauranteed $.
I'm worried he suffers some type of significant injury that requires off season rehab. In that case the team would likely cut him and if they tried to trade him coming off a major injury I don't think they would get half of what they could get now coming off his great 2020 season.

When you say he doesn't have a great trade value that is debatable I believe. If he goes on the market I think some offers will include a 1st rd pick.

I agree he has little to no leverage, but some times these situations turn around and bite the party that appeared to have won the negotiating battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom