Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

Love X….but it seems like he is ready to go.

Igbo, are you ready!?
Oh goodness Igbo is not ready to cover a cardboard cutout of Legadu Nanee. This is gonna be ugly. Why can’t we keep our best players? Even when we extend them, we can’t keep them.

Did we win it?
Irrelevant. He’s like the only guy who made a play for us in the game. We haven’t had playoff appearances because we haven’t had enough good players and coaches. You need a few star players to win a SB. The “we can not make the playoffs just the same without him” argument is soooo dumb. It’s that kind of thinking that keeps one stuck in no man’s land.

Irrelevant. He’s like the only guy who made a play for us in the game. We haven’t had playoff appearances because we haven’t had enough good players and coaches. You need a few star players to win a SB. The “we can not make the playoffs just the same without him” argument is soooo dumb. It’s that kind of thinking that keeps one stuck in no man’s land.

Really? That’s the hill you’re defending?

What Howard seems to be forgetting is Miami kept him inspite of the roster purge. Paid him big bucks to sit almost a full season with injury, so he could recuperate and come back to have, what was a monster season. Did they ask for a refund? NOPE!!! Built a defense around him and Jones, in an attempt to fulfill coach Flores vision. And this is what Miami gets in return.
I don't understand the 'we paid you while injured' arguement. He was hurt while working. Also, teams have injury insurance on players.

So are you saying "give him what he wants"? Right now Detroit or Atlanta sound good to me as locations for Mr X. We took care of him, asi n shutting him down when we were going nowhere last year, for his big contract. I get the "player loyalty vs you only get so many paydays" but 2 can play this game. Will Flo?

So are you saying "give him what he wants"? Right now Detroit or Atlanta sound good to me as locations for Mr X. We took care of him, asi n shutting him down when we were going nowhere last year, for his big contract. I get the "player loyalty vs you only get so many paydays" but 2 can play this game. Will Flo?
No. You play hardball. More often than not, the player gets back on the field after watching a game or two.

A 10 INT all-pro season is a big *** marketing asset, but its also something thats very unlikely to ever happen in the future in this case. Thing is both parties are doing exactly what they should be doing right now, the Fins are trying to avoid paying for something thats unlikely to repeat itself and Xavien is trying to bank on what is most probably his last shot at this big of a contact going foward.

There's no one in the wrong here and neither side needs to be taken for a mud slide...
More often than not the shoes that have to be filled in after getting a good contract may affect their performance since they know they will always be expected to perform to that max contract. We pay him, and he doesn't perform then what? Do we simply restructure his contract in such way that reaching 10 interceptions against gets him top paid money? I am not a contract expert but there isn't really any kind of middle ground. I don't want to lose him as a player.

No. You play hardball. More often than not, the player gets back on the field after watching a game or two.
OP:

Isn't that hardball?

Back
Top Bottom