Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

I show up to work everyday! I don’t demand I get paid more after being given a rise. I don’t air my grievances in public. I don’t take petty when my teammates get a rise. I’m happy for them.
You’ve never said , “ this place blows” after a bad day? Look, Howard hasn’t even been public about this - until the tweet which likely means it’s over. I don’t like giving into player demands. I would have said “you don’t want to play, you can hold out”. Most of the time these guys get back on the field quickly. If you trade a guy every time they say they are unhappy you give the players too much leverage. May as well not even bother w contracts. What happens when we have a down year and Jerome Baker - who just signed a nice extension - says, “I want to play for a winner / I don’t want to be here”? We trade him I guess. It’s not just the fins. It’s pro sports in general. The teams have leverage but they don’t use it any more. Except GB. They’ve told Aaron Rodgers to go **** himself and State Farm and I love it. He’ll be back on the field for them.

Grier will turn this into a windfall of picks and players. Just feeling it
And so what? We keep doing that and we still don’t have a draft pick as good as Tunsil or even Kenny Stills was for that matter. Action Jackson got hurt, Iggy was an unmitigated disaster last season, even w 28 picks at o-line it still sucked. My point is, continuing to roll players for picks BEFORE you’ve established a winning system (like Shula did, like Joe Gibbs did, like BB did/does etc is just pissing in the wind. Let’s keep our best players, build around their strengths, groom successors etc. Trading our best players every time they complain about something is only going to lead to more of the same. Make an example. Let him sit out. When the game check doesn’t come he’ll be back out there.

What Howard seems to be forgetting is Miami kept him inspite of the roster purge. Paid him big bucks to sit almost a full season with injury, so he could recuperate and come back to have, what was a monster season. Did they ask for a refund? NOPE!!! Built a defense around him and Jones, in an attempt to fulfill coach Flores vision. And this is what Miami gets in return.
Let’s not forget about his little domestic dispute either

Good trade him let the other team give him a new contract. So he can go on IR halfway though the season, and there fans can cry about it.

You’d think his agent would be making these points to the FO behind closed doors. Makes too much sense to have it go that way of course.

And so what? We keep doing that and we still don’t have a draft pick as good as Tunsil or even Kenny Stills was for that matter. Action Jackson got hurt, Iggy was an unmitigated disaster last season, even w 28 picks at o-line it still sucked. My point is, continuing to roll players for picks BEFORE you’ve established a winning system (like Shula did, like Joe Gibbs did, like BB did/does etc is just pissing in the wind. Let’s keep our best players, build around their strengths, groom successors etc. Trading our best players every time they complain about something is only going to lead to more of the same. Make an example. Let him sit out. When the game check doesn’t come he’ll be back out there.
Glad you’re not running the franchise

At the end of the day, the team has him by the balls. Got 4 years left on the deal. He either sucks it up, and comes to work. Or he can eat a 90k a day fine.

The compromise should be restructuring the deal to where his cap hit is reduced and he gets more of the deal guaranteed, but it appears he wants another market resetting deal. That ain’t happening.
Agreed 100% on all points

Each decision letting top vets go can make sense, but the combined effect of not keeping your best players can be bad. Tunsil/Stills - we got a GREAT deal - good move. Minkah was malcontent, wouldn't play our scheme, got a 1st -good move. Van Noy wasn't great in the locker room, and we planned for 1 year - good move. ETC. X is injury prone, asking for a huge cap hit, setting a bad precedent - maybe good to let him go. A bunch of sensible decisions. But the combined effect is that we're constantly letting our best veteran players go. I don't think you make or at least go deep into the playoffs without a few All pro types. I hope 1 or a few of our young talents make a big leap forward. Or I hope I'm wrong and our good coaching, balance, depth, etc can take us far.

I just don't agree with X on this one, the Dolphins made him the highest defensive player at the time he signed his contract and coming of an injury, a year later the market has been reset again like it always is.....and he want to be the highest paid player or in the top five again because he had a good season? How can folks agree with this? What's to stop him from wanting more in 2022 if he has another good season? Eventually someone will make more than you......get over it and stop acting like a greedy a$$ child.....he's already being paid extremely well.

Tunsil, Kenny Stills, Mrs. Minkah, whaaa, we don’t have any good players like them anymore, poor things. Probably the crowd lamenting the Jay Adjai trade, oh no, traded our stud RB and and, 5 minutes later he is out of the league.

Just pay the man! Ahh, didn’t we just make him the highest paid CB year before last?

X is a nice player when he plays but shelf life getting short, need to drop the emotional love affair with a name player and make the most of his value in any given situation. If it’s X playing attitude free I’m fine with that but if shipped out for a haul would be A ok with that as well. Last thing we need is to hold on to a disgruntled X because we (some fans) think he’s our only star player. The star designation gets passed around quickly and often in this league.

Back
Top Bottom