Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

He’s right, happens all the time.

Pay the man

Just trade Byron then. X will get his wish.
The trap door for Byron's contract isn't til 2023, we are gonna have to roll with him til then. He's good but no where near what X brings to the table. If I'm X, I'm salty too. Just one dude's opinion.

Seems like the Fins are going the way of NE. NE gets rid of all high price players and players who's contract is up.

There should be a build in clause on all deals that say you can't renegotiate.

I don't understand the 'we paid you while injured' arguement. He was hurt while working. Also, teams have injury insurance on players.
Scotty, with respect, this situation isn't remotely the same as traditional jobs. In the traditional workplace physical violence isn't part of the job description. In NFL contracts, it is defined and clearly articulated. SO any comparison with a normal workplace isn't valid.

X was injured on the job, and we still paid him. It would be interesting to know if he also received any injury insurance payment also, or how it factored in for him or the Dolphins. Personally, I would trade him for as much as possible (1 first or 2 second rounders) and wish him well. Or let him sit and receive the financial consequences of his actions.

Just had the best idea. Would he take a revision of the contract that says if he can repeat double digit INTs that we will pay him a huge bonus and guarantee the next two years? He would argue he can do it, I’m sure. Players love to bet on themselves

Scotty, with respect, this situation isn't remotely the same as traditional jobs. In the traditional workplace physical violence isn't part of the job description. In NFL contracts, it is defined and clearly articulated. SO any comparison with a normal workplace isn't valid.

X was injured on the job, and we still paid him. It would be interesting to know if he also received any injury insurance payment also, or how it factored in for him or the Dolphins. Personally, I would trade him for as much as possible (1 first or 2 second rounders) and wish him well. Or let him sit and receive the financial consequences of his actions.
I never compared it to a traditional job. As a matter of fact, I am a constant poster pointing to the fact that NFL players have jobs and contracts like no other.

I never compared it to a traditional job. As a matter of fact, I am a constant poster pointing to the fact that NFL players have jobs and contracts like no other.
Then it is my mistake of not understanding. :) Not the first time, or the last. LOL!

I just hope the team knows what it’s doing. The biggest disaster scenario in my eyes is this drags out and they pay him just before the season starts. Then he goes and pulls a groin or hammy, because of all the missed time, and misses 6 to 8 games. I guess what I’m saying is if they know they aren’t gonna pay him fine but if they eventually will just do it now and have him in camp. I’ve seen holdouts battle soft tissue injuries that hamper them all season far too often.

I show up to work everyday! I don’t demand I get paid more after being given a rise. I don’t air my grievances in public. I don’t take petty when my teammates get a rise. I’m happy for them.
I'd be happy @ 63 to get a rise

I think the best I might offer is a slight pay increase and to guarantee the 2022 and maybe the 2023 portion of his contract. I still think the biggest two issues at play here are:

1 - Howard not wanting to play 2021 without security that his 2022 pay is guranteed if Howard should get injured this season. As it stands now if Howard suffers any type of serious injury he will likely be released next summer and forced to sign a prove you're healthy deal well under his market value somewhere else.I think it would go a long way in Howard's camp if he knew he was assured of getting $13 million in 2022.

2 - The other issue is Howard's new agent wants a new deal so he's the agent on record that gets paid a % of Howard's deal instead of Howard's previous agent who negotiated the current contract. I'm sure Howard's agent is playing a big role in the standoff. It's all part of the back and forth game between, agent and management, in the end Howard isn't going to give up his 2021 salary. He will either be traded, get a new deal in Miami or submit and play for the Dolphins on hs current deal.

Back
Top Bottom