Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

I’m telling him to go kick rocks.He wouldn’t get a pennymore from me this season.

He should have reported to camp. He should have kept things behind closed doors.

Last edited:
I’m telling him to go kick rocks.He wouldn’t get a pennymore from me this season.

He should have reported to camp. He should have kept things behind closed doors.
Then we should trade him to not waste an asset.

I hate when I see comments like this. I’m sure they’ve tried to handle contract behind closed doors first and when that didn’t work he decided not to report. Howard knows if he plays and gets injured what happens to his value then? Look at how Seattle did Earl Thomas, he got injured and went to the open market and received less.

I hate when I see comments like this. I’m sure they’ve tried to handle contract behind closed doors first and when that didn’t work he decided not to report. Howard knows if he plays and gets injured what happens to his value then? Look at how Seattle did Earl Thomas, he got injured and went to the open market and received less.

What does that mean if he plays and gets injured? He's under contract!

Should every player in the league hold out..because if they get injured while under contract then...What the heck are you talking about?

What does that mean if he plays and gets injured? He's under contract!

Should every player in the league hold out..because if they get injured while under contract then...What the heck are you talking about?
Exactly.....

Some ppl want all contracts to be simple, fully gauranteed agreements, thinking that would be the only "fair" way.

The reality is, if that were the case, some players might benifit greatly (or not), while players as a whole would find it limiting and detrimental.

With a salary cap, teams would end up handcuffed, and unable to pay good solid players, who aren't necessarily superstars nearly as much.

Think about it. If a team, for whatever reason, found themselves on the hook for 70 mil in contracts to a few underperforming guys, not only would the team be doomed to failure, all the other players would have to play for relative peanuts.

Big picture.........

Exactly.....

Some ppl want all contracts to be simple, fully gauranteed agreements, thinking that would be the only "fair" way.

The reality is, if that were the case, some players might benifit greatly (or not), while players as a whole would find it limiting and detrimental.

With a salary cap, teams would end up handcuffed, and unable to pay good solid players, who aren't necessarily superstars nearly as much.

Think about it. If a team, for whatever reason, found themselves on the hook for 70 mil in contracts to a few underperforming guys, not only would the team be doomed to failure, all the other players would have to play for relative peanuts.

Big picture.........

Its ludicrous!

Yes... we should... if we can get an appropriate offer.
If the three yard per carry guys are right sounds like the offers aren’t that good. Like a second and a mid level starter. Which is around what I thought for a guy with high contract demands with iffy knees.

If the three yard per carry guys are right sounds like the offers aren’t that good. Like a second and a mid level starter. Which is around what I thought for a guy with high contract demands with iffy knees.

Also unknown is what other teams have offered X. Much better than Miami? Similar, but X wants out? Those, in addition to the offers to Miami.

With the drafting of Iggy, the signing of Byron Jones and the rumors before the 2021 draft, of Miami looking at CB's; does it surprise anyone that Xavien Howard might be traded? Miami has so many DB's on the roster something had to give.

With training camp just a few days away, its not surprising the Dolphins twitter folks and team followers are hinting at him being traded.

I figured the return would be less than Miami fans are expecting. His contract, his demands, age and injury history are working against him, so it seems. At this point, take the best offer and move on. Hopefully if it is indeed, New Orleans, McCoy comes back in return package.

Well... I would say the chances of some podcast guys having an actual clue about real offers for Howard are effectively zero, so I wouldn't worry about some ideas their pulled out of their hind parts.

They are guessing.

Now, it probably isn't a bad guess.

Back
Top Bottom