Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

He was already paid.

Besides that, there is his history of unavailability. If you start throwing big gaurantees around, and those players, for whatever reason, aren't contributing at a high level consistently, it is no good.

I'm all for converting some of next year's money to be gauranteed. He earned it.

I don't think he is going to be satisfied with that, though.
3 to 4 more million yr...add to his contract ain't **** no more...top players want be paid like top players in NFL. Pay man..we got rough schedule this year....

3 to 4 more million yr...add to his contract ain't **** no more...top players want be paid like top players in NFL. Pay man..we got rough schedule this year....
Your right 3 to 4 million a year ain’t **** when you are spending someone else’s money.

That's not the point, and I'm not interested in long term gaurantees (beyond next season).

If a restructure to include more gauranteed next year, and moving a couple mil from the end of contract to next year, fine.

We don't know for sure, but I believe he wants a lot more than that.

He is an aging, injury prone player, who just started a new contract. You have to look beyond this year, and see the big picture ramifications.

That's not the point, and I'm not interested in long term gaurantees (beyond next season).

If a restructure to include more gauranteed next year, and moving a couple mil from the end of contract to next year, fine.

He is an aging, injury prone player, who just started a new contract. You have to look beyond this year, and see the big picture ramifications.

Although no one cares, here's where I am. If he wants to be the highest paid CB on the team, the $ amount is small. I would suspect something could be worked out. Some of that guaranteed can be worked out. Because it ISN'T worked out, my fear is he, again, wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL. That, to me, is a deal killer. If he's traded, we'll know a team agrees with his agent. If he stays in Miami, maybe not.

Although no one cares, here's where I am. If he wants to be the highest paid CB on the team, the $ amount is small. I would suspect something could be worked out. Some of that guaranteed can be worked out. Because it ISN'T worked out, my fear is he, again, wants to be the highest paid CB in the NFL. That, to me, is a deal killer. If he's traded, we'll know a team agrees with his agent. If he stays in Miami, maybe not.

I sincerely doubt this stink went public over a couple of million for just this year. If it did, then X and his agent are in the running for the dumbest people in the world. Odds are X is not only demanding to be paid more than BJ, but possibly #1 in the NFL (as you described, ego), but also for guaranties for 3+ years -- i.e., a real *new* contract.

I get it from X's perspective -- he's one of the best CB's out there and he knows that both his play (aging and health) and the plaudits for last year (what have you done for me lately) are wasting assets. It's too bad that X didn't believe in himself more 2 years ago when negotiating for the contract he signed.

Who care what u think. Right thing ls pay man.

Last edited:
I'd say the guy double posting is the one flustered.

In any case, seems a "childish" post.........
You never lost a quote on a post before?

Must be new around here.

It's cool, I can help seamlessly assimilate you into our culture rook.

Rule #1, if you say that Xavien Howard has elite ball skills to that of Byron Jones you can be branded for endless arguing.

Pay no mind to Xavien's 22 INT's in 54 games compared to Jones having 4 (four) in 93 games.

Rule #2, point out obvious stats that strengthen your point and be told you are only here to argue and not "change the minds" of other more impressionable posters...

If those INT stat lines don't make you reconsider who "deserves to be paid" then you should seriously reconsider what you do in your free time. Lots to reconsider....

Welcome to the NFL rookie.

You never lost a quote on a post before?

Must be new around here.

It's cool, I can help seamlessly assimilate you into our culture rook.

Rule #1, if you say that Xavien Howard has elite ball skills to that of Byron Jones you can be branded for endless arguing.

Pay no mind to Xavien's 22 INT's in 54 games compared to Jones having 4 (four) in 93 games.

Rule #2, point out obvious stats that strengthen your point and be told you are only here to argue and not "change the minds" of other more impressionable posters...

If those INT stat lines don't make you reconsider who "deserves to be paid" then you should seriously reconsider what you do in your free time. Lots to reconsider....

Welcome to the NFL rookie.
My post had only to do with your sarcastic personal attack.

Since you asked though, I've never made any reference to Jones, as it relates to X whatsoever. IMO one has nothing to do with the other.

Jones' agent did a better job than did X's. Whose fault is that? Not Byron's.......

As far as you helping me? I already know how to delete one post, if I accidentally double up.

Thanx anyway.....

If Howard only wanted a couple more million it would be one thing, but the guy wants to be the highest paid corner in the league.

Its not like giving him more money will be cheap and X will be 30 next year I believe. He doesnt have 5 years left of elite football, hes got 2 or 3.

We can't just "pay X" it could hurt our future.

It's not exactly funny but 39Wildman is on ignore and I see my choice was right as he appears to be trolling like a boss. I can't see his posts but I can see replies to his posts. 39Wildman is, an absolute troll.

Back
Top Bottom