Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

You guys are missing the point of his hold out entirly.... your debates about contracts and who's accountable are a total waste of energy. Let me fill you in!

It is NOT about money!

Its about the signing of Jones to a bigger deal and the drafting of Iggy.

X's feelings are hurt, he hates Grier and prob Flores and wants to be traded. His contract is just an excuse to get away from the Dolphins.

All of you who love him don't realize he wants nothing to do with your favorite team.

It's Minka all over again.
It is, only if in the mind of Xavien. In my mind he has been handsomely rewarded for a very inconsistent career with huge highs and lows. In my eyes, considering his last 5 years should be grateful to have such a lucrative contract considering that statistics (I realize some of you don't possess a Bachelor degree and have no idea what statistics is and certainly don't know why you need finite math, calculus math and finally statistics to earn your degree).
Why do you need take and pass these courses? So you don't sign a 28 year old CB to a monster contract when he has only 2 complete seasons played in 5 years. Not only that, when he is playing, his production varies greatly. From a business, analytical viewpoint, he should say; "thank you".

Last edited:
Then there isn't much reason to continue discussion is there? And yet, you remain. Do you seek to change our minds to match your own? Or, is endless arguing your cup of tea?

Simply pointing out that Xavien Howard intercepts the ball and Byron Jones does not is "endless arguing"?

Such a sensitive little snowflake...

You guys are missing the point of his hold out entirly.... your debates about contracts and who's accountable are a total waste of energy. Let me fill you in!

It is NOT about money!

Its about the signing of Jones to a bigger deal and the drafting of Iggy.

X's feelings are hurt, he hates Grier and prob Flores and wants to be traded. His contract is just an excuse to get away from the Dolphins.

All of you who love him don't realize he wants nothing to do with your favorite team.

It's Minka all over again.
He may hate Grier and/or Flores.

No idea, but I've never heard any information that would indicate it.

He may not be happy with the amount of money we paid Byron Jones.

But I don't think for an instant that he disagreed with signing a top FA CB to start across from him, or drafted Igbo (or anyone else) high in the draft.

You need 3 excellent CBs just to line up in this league (4 or 5 is even better), and the better the other CBs play, the better for X and the better for the team.

Maybe he wants Nik Needham starting at the other boundary CB spot?

He may hate Grier and/or Flores.

No idea, but I've never heard any information that would indicate it.

He may not be happy with the amount of money we paid Byron Jones.

But I don't think for an instant that he disagreed with signing a top FA CB to start across from him, or drafted Igbo (or anyone else) high in the draft.

You need 3 excellent CBs just to line up in this league (4 or 5 is even better), and the better the other CBs play, the better for X and the better for the team.

Maybe he wants Nik Needham starting at the other boundary CB spot?
I believe he referred to it as “a slap in the face” (podcast interview). So yeah, it’s safe to say he did take offense with the team moves Re CB.

X is me me me. Not talking about “competing”, just talking about “making the Dolphins pay”.

To each his own. But, for me, fk X

I believe he referred to it as “a slap in the face” (podcast interview). So yeah, it’s safe to say he did take offense with the team moves Re CB.

X is me me me. Not talking about “competing”, just talking about “making the Dolphins pay”.

What was the slap in the face?

Signing Byron, drafting Iggy, the contract they gave Byron?

All of the above?

What was the slap in the face?

Signing Byron, drafting Iggy, the contract they gave Byron?

All of the above?
He was referring to both I believe. In the interview/podcast he acted like the Dolphins insulted him on both fronts and he said "I'll make them pay" like a batman villian.

I hated him as soon as I found out he likes to hit women. But this interview made me really want him gone.

He was referring to both I believe. In the interview/podcast he acted like the Dolphins insulted him on both fronts and he said "I'll make them pay" like a batman villian.

I hated him as soon as I found out he likes to hit women. But this interview made me really want him gone.
I should go listen.

Sounds like the weirdest take ever.

Who is he, Aaron Rodgers? Lol

The way qb are getting paid today..nfl contracts are going up..18 to 20 million ain't nothing..pay x...

The way qb are getting paid today..nfl contracts are going up..18 to 20 million ain't nothing..pay x...
He was already paid.

Besides that, there is his history of unavailability. If you start throwing big gaurantees around, and those players, for whatever reason, aren't contributing at a high level consistently, it is no good.

I'm all for converting some of next year's money to be gauranteed. He earned it.

I don't think he is going to be satisfied with that, though.

I want to keep X for his abilities but I also don't want to set a precedent of paying someone after 1 year into their new contract because they had a great year. While may not cause issues it just can be a snowball effect and cause us more troubles down the road. I just wish X would of put in at least one more year of work but I get his side he is in it for money and he knows he can get more whether it be Dolphins or somewhere else. Then with his age he's trying to get his money now before the fall off sadly many players no longer in it for the game.

Last edited:

Not pointing a finger at you, but I think many here are 'anti-X mainly because he went public with his complaint and seemed to make it a threat more than a negotiation. Had he kept it private, or, 'I think I deserve a restructure and I'll be talking to Grier,' I doubt it would be so emotional here.

A number of us have said we're OK with a SMALL restructure so he can save face, but, if he wants, again, to be the highest paid CB, have his agent find an interested team. I'm confident one or more teams have already kicked the tires on X's expected salary.

How often does name-calling workout for you? Honestly?
How often are your feathers easily ruffled due to being outwitted on FH?

I'm certain you are used to it by now...

Isn't there an unspoken rule where you are not supposed to publicly discuss any other player's contract on your own team? Each man has his own business to take care of, but that is his own business.

Back
Top Bottom