Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

It's not exactly funny but 39Wildman is on ignore and I see my choice was right as he appears to be trolling like a boss. I can't see his posts but I can see replies to his posts. 39Wildman is, an absolute troll.
all i am saying is pay man. we got chance have good yr.

Your right 3 to 4 million a year ain’t **** when you are spending someone else’s money.
Ross is in business win SB..NFL owner are rich. i rather give guy i know can play money verus give guy i dont know he can play money... it up to Grier and Ross..

all i am saying is pay man. we got chance have good yr.
How much do you want to pay him? For how many years? With how much in gaurantees?

It's easy to say "pay the man", but if your attitude is pay him whatever he wants,whatever it takes, that is not rational.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but it isn't as simple as you are making it out to be.

We don't even know what he is asking for. Hiw can you just say "pay the man" without even knowing.

I see some ppl say "work something out". Again, easy to say, but either side may have an extreme position that makes it impossible for a compromise.

So I ask you. What do you think is a fair contract for both sides ($, years, gauranteed money)?

My post had only to do with your sarcastic personal attack.

Since you asked though, I've never made any reference to Jones, as it relates to X whatsoever. IMO one has nothing to do with the other.

Jones' agent did a better job than did X's. Whose fault is that? Not Byron's.......

As far as you helping me? I already know how to delete one post, if I accidentally double up.

Thanx anyway.....
Boring....

Thanks for the value add Zuckerberg...

Ross is in business win SB..NFL owner are rich. i rather give guy i know can play money verus give guy i dont know he can play money... it up to Grier and Ross..
It doesn't matter how much money owners have. They are all rich.

There is a salary cap. The team has to be managed within that cap. You have to pay an entire team within a limit. How much money the owner has is irrelevant. They could all overpay everyone, like baseball, if it were allowed. It isn't the reality for an NFL franchise.

Guys get back to discussing the thread title and don't make it a personal thing or I will start deleting posts

It doesn't matter how much money owners have. They are all rich.

There is a salary cap. The team has to be managed within that cap. You have to pay an entire team within a limit. How much money the owner has is irrelevant. They could all overpay everyone, like baseball, if it were allowed. It isn't the reality for an NFL franchise.
But pay him that 3 to 4 million, it’s only between 1% to 2% of your budget.

I remember Dave Hyde saying we should trade X two drafts ago for extra draft picks because his prime doesn't line up with the tank plan timeline. We'll get a sense of how the Dolphins view their chances in 2021 by how they handle X.

I don't blame X for holding out for a new deal already. Grier has been cutthroat on everybody from 1 year rentals to Bobby McCain. Same with Flores and his staff turnover. The Dolphins preach "team" but have shown zero loyalty to players and coaches. It catches up with you eventually and sentiments can turn quickly if their record goes backwards this year.
Grier hasn’t been anymore cutthroat than other GM’s around the league. Belichick has a history of getting what he can out of players and then trading or cutting them as soon as he feels they can be replaced.

That is the business of football and any coach or GM who isn’t always looking to upgrade every position on the team isn’t going to be in their positions for very long. It not about friendships or liking a player, it all about the business of winning.

I am a Tua supporter because I want him to be given the opportunity to develop. Yet if he is still struggling by the time the 2022 season ends, I will have no problem if Grier and Flores decide to go in another direction at the QB position.

"Xavien Howard signed a 5 year, $75,250,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including a $7,000,000 signing bonus, $39,260,641 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $15,050,000. In 2021, Howard will earn a base salary of $12,075,000 and a workout bonus of $25,000, while carrying a cap hit of $13,500,000 and a dead cap value of $16,275,000."

Let's not act like he is woefully underpaid or that he signed a bad contract. We can't afford to part ways with him this year nor can we afford to pay him more (without cutting/restructuring others which hurts the team going forward). Is appeasing Howard (so he stays) worth cutting Ogbah and McKinney?

So it is not as simple as "just pay the man". If it was it would have been done. At the end of the day X isn't Revis and the Dolphins shouldn't allow him to treat them like Revis did the jets (and others). I suspect if X was given permission to seek a trade he would find the market is a long ways from what he feels he deserves.

How much do you want to pay him? For how many years? With how much in gaurantees?

It's easy to say "pay the man", but if your attitude is pay him whatever he wants,whatever it takes, that is not rational.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but it isn't as simple as you are making it out to be.

We don't even know what he is asking for. Hiw can you just say "pay the man" without even knowing.

I see some ppl say "work something out". Again, easy to say, but either side may have an extreme position that makes it impossible for a compromise.

So I ask you. What do you think is a fair contract for both sides ($, years, gauranteed money)?
Rework his contract for 3 yr. 60 million..

I am altering the deal. Pray I don’t alter even further.

Back
Top Bottom