Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin

Be ready for a Week 1 loss to Arizona next year.. :lol:..

Wannstedt is terrible.. Absolutely no balls to tell his players the way it is and always blowing smoke.. Patting players on their backs is all he does.. Pitty is the sole reason Wannstedt is wanted back in Miami.. He has done nothing more..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Wannstedt is terrible.. Absolutely no balls to tell his players the way it is and always blowing smoke.. Patting players on their backs is all he does.. Pitty is the sole reason Wannstedt is wanted back in Miami.. He has done nothing more..

Damn, you know everything.........you are making yourself out to be a total a$$........GO FOR IT!!!

:up:

I agree with everything you said(except losing to arizona).
Wanny is a nice guy, and a great coordinator, but a lameduck HC. The talent alone should be winning you 9-10 games a year.

Originally posted by Section126
Damn, you know everything.........you are making yourself out to be a total a$$........GO FOR IT!!!
:up:

Funny you hadn't said anything until your Daddy (Cranx) came to your rescue.. :lol:

Why don't you try responding to my reply to your very insightful post.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Coughlin sucks............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopeefully you didn't go to college to learn that insight

You have problems kid..

the giants should turn it around but dont be giving all the credit to coughlin, the guy will have a healthy offensive line which will enable collins to throw the ball and not force so many turnovers, doubtful tiki fumbles as many times and the talent is already there on both sides of the ball, plus they get a top 5 pick to add to it. So while i too can see a giants turnaround, i wont be so quick to suck coughlin off like you will be rude...don't think he was the right fit for us and dont like the alternative options

bottom line is everyone may hate wannstedt, but he didnt miss the field goal in OT against the pats... Whats funny is we were 10-6, but wannstedt gave us a chance to win most every game. That's his job, give us a chance to win, the players have to do their part, and our Line, QB, and wr's outside of chambers did not do their jobs, that shouldnt all be on wanny in my opinion (cant coach them not to drop the damn ball, if you're in the nfl you shouldn't drop the ball that many damn times DT and McKnight).. but i have to get back to work so ill elaborate more later if necessary

I say no to Coughlin. :down:

I hate coaches with a bug up their azz who have stupid rules like no sitting during practice, etc. just to let everyone know that he's a "disciplinarian." This is the NFL, not boot camp. He needs to take that crap to college or high school.

i would not have been sold on it if Tom Coughlin was hired as the Fins HC...I don't think his "style" would be accepted with open arms by most of our veteran players but I think keeping Wanny was really dumb.

The "best" GM out there will not want to come here when he knows that Wanny will be coach for at least one more year...so the Fins will not be able to get the GM that they really need.

I really wanted the Fins to do away with this stupid Dallas/Miami connection...it has not worked and it won't. Wayne had his chance to finally do away with this structure...no playoffs for two years straight and a regression with Wanny as our coach...he had a perfect chance to get rid of Wanny...Norv...and the rest of Dallas Co...but instead we still have it intact.

I hope there still is a chance that Wanny is gone...the 2 year extension was not signed...maybe the Fins organization wants to wait until they hire a new GM...maybe Wolf will agree to become our GM tomorrow and then Wanny might be pressured to resign...that would be great. It would be ironic if that happened to Wanny...because afterall...we all know that Dan Marino wanted to play one more year and Wanny kind of pushed him out the door...what goes around comes around...and I hope this holds true very soon!!!

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i wont be so quick to suck coughlin off like you will be rude...

:lol: I say Miami missed out on an excellent coach in Coughlin and that's "sucking him off"???

LMAO..

Dolphins17-0, I wouldnt want to know what you do to Ricky if thats the case...

getting to the point.. You're making excuses for Coughlin succeeding to down play the opportunity Miami missed out on in actually getting an NFL coach to coach and NFL team..

There's not much more to say, but I'll be watching the Giants play next season any chance I get, they have something going there and the Giants are obviously looking to improve with the Coughlin acquisition..

Huizenga says he expects greatness but not sure that I believe that..

Wannstedt was given the aFC Champ game, or he would be fired before the season started.. Miami doesn't make the playoffs with a rather healthy team all year and he keeps his job..

Huizenga may be the problem

Originally posted by Dolfan954
I say no to Coughlin. :down:

I hate coaches with a bug up their azz who have stupid rules like no sitting during practice, etc. just to let everyone know that he's a "disciplinarian." This is the NFL, not boot camp. He needs to take that crap to college or high school.
I see your point but the Dolphins need a coach who will get in their faces, they might actually respond to that type of coaching( a la Gruden with the Bucs)

This is sort of the problem... Excuses are made all the time and are now coming out of Wannstedt as well.. Before the season started, he talks about how there's so much talent on this team and this team has the talent needed to make it big.. He misses the playoffs and starts blowing smoke about the offense not being talented enough..

You can twist it all you want, the fact of the matter is that Wannstedt had this team very ill-managed to start the season with a loss to Houston and failed to ground this team back to reality after a big win on Thanksgiving..

The losses to the Eagles and Patriots in December were both losses in the coaching department.. Huge mismatch, but the talent on this team is what has kept it close..

You want a response....okay, I'll help you out:

You have no idea what it takes to prepare a football team to win or how these athletes prepare for a game.........you have no appreciation for what it takes to coach at the NFL level, furthermore, I can tell by your Coughlin comments that you have never been coached, never played, and is quite frankly one of those Know it alls that is being made fun of by the Brett Favre commercial.....The losses to the Eagles and Patriots had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with Mental and Physical mistakes that have absolutely nothing to do with coaching.....This is not High School, College, Pee Wee or Optimist Football......This is the NFL.....where you are supposed to be a professional and not need some 55 year old goofball screaming at you and holding your hand so you can carry out a goddamn assignment as simple as zone blocking right instead of left and breaking down correctly to make a tackle.........

The problem is personnel.....it is being handled now.........let's see how it turns out......until then, rant and rave all you want....but don't expect the world to stop and everybody to respond to your shrill and wacked out musings.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Section 126...I sense a lot of frustration from you and other members on this board...everyone is entitled to their own opinions...mental breakdowns...physical and mental mistakes...yes i understand what you're saying here but we all had high expectations for this team...all of us...I just think that a lot of FinFans don't want to deal with another year or two or three with Wanny...I just don't see why Wanny will be good next year or more successfull....he had his chance...and I believe that the result will be the same next season as it was these past two seasons if he stays.

until then, rant and rave all you want....but don't expect the world to stop and everybody to respond to your shrill and wacked out musings.

It took you a while, but I understand.. Your last post was a big step up from the "Coughlin sucks" post..

There's nothing I can do about people getting personal and sensitive after reading my post.. You go ahead and do whatever makes you feel better about yourself..

This is the NFL.. These players are being payed alot of money to perform at a high level and you have many laxadasical players out there wanting to look for an easy way to collect a pay check.. Standing up during practice is something done all the time and it would be easier to weed out all the egotistical f*cks that would whine about a simple rule of not being able to sit down on their helmets or whatever it is.. Tom Coughlin comes in, you can bet he would weed out all the lazy guys just looking to get through collect the easy money and just live on by their play from 3 years ago..

Tom Coughlin has also said he's learned alot by taking the year off.. but this is a moot point.. He's signed

Miami missed out

Now with Wannstedt, players can collect their paychecks easily..

You want a response....okay, I'll help you out:

You have no idea what it takes to prepare a football team to win or how these athletes prepare for a game.........you have no appreciation for what it takes to coach at the NFL level, furthermore, I can tell by your Coughlin comments that you have never been coached, never played, and is quite frankly one of those Know it alls that is being made fun of by the Brett Favre commercial.....The losses to the Eagles and Patriots had nothing to do with coaching and everything to do with Mental and Physical mistakes that have absolutely nothing to do with coaching.....This is not High School, College, Pee Wee or Optimist Football......This is the NFL.....where you are supposed to be a professional and not need some 55 year old goofball screaming at you and holding your hand so you can carry out a goddamn assignment as simple as zone blocking right instead of left and breaking down correctly to make a tackle.........

The problem is personnel.....it is being handled now.........let's see how it turns out......until then, rant and rave all you want....but don't expect the world to stop and everybody to respond to your shrill and wacked out musings.
Oh man..that was beautiful. [sighs] :) Someone else actually understands. It's ridiculous how people blast the coach when grown men are out there making millions to do their job.
"Ooh, my shoes are untied, it's Wanny's fault...I missed a tackle/kick/missed another blocking assignment/dropped a pass/threw ANOTHER Int (and I don't know who I was trying to throw it to either)." Gimme a break. Players play and coaches coach.
We need to stop looking at this thing as a game. THIS IS THEIR JOB. My boss doesn't have to get in my face to get me motivated. I'm a professional, and I do my job because that's what I was hired to do, and also because I know if I don't perform up to expectations, someone will replace me. This isn't grade school.

Back
Top Bottom