Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
i don't think that players on dallas don't care what their coach says...do you section 126?

With Wanny as HC...I expect the same result as this past season and the one before that...no playoffs!!! that's my opinion!!!

but i will still support, cheer, and hope for my Fins...I love this team (as corney as that may sound).

In the end...all I really want is the Miami Dolphins to win the Superbowl...in the near future...regardless of who's our coach!!!

Go Fins!!!

Look at Derek Ross.......He told Parcells to stuff it up his fat a$$.....Parcells then....cut him.....A claim was then entered by 19 NFL teams..........

If you can play........you don't fear any of these coaches.....like I said.....what are they going to do? Have your legs broken? Your house burned down? What are they going to do to deter you from "Fing" up on the field?

Originally posted by Section126
:roflmao:
What is he going to do? Summarily execute people on the practice field? :roflmao:

All of your posts spew of ignorance.. I surely hope you do not lack the intellect in person as you do in your posts..

You talk about how you've played football before and all this and that, yet you are asking about the simple principals of coaching??

You have some self searching to do..

Wannstedt does not give it to his players straight.. that's the biggest problem.. He keeps blowing smoke for the last 3-4 years talking about "It's alright, It's alright".. Always patting his players on their back even after a loss and even when they have a huge win and never brings out the negatives that are holding this team down.. He focuses on the positives too much in fear of hurting anyones feelings..

These are NFL players, not kids.. their feelings will not get hurt when you tell them the truth, and if the truth hurts, that's how you tell what type of player he is by his reaction.. If he is told the truth and the work hard to correct it, thats the type you want, but if he starts getting offended and defensive.. Those are the ones to get rid of..

You can only blow smoke for so long until everyone notices that it's not alright.. These players run this team, the coach does not and that is why the players want Wannstedt back.

To collect the easy pay check...

I can't get any more clearer than that...

Section 126...i see your points but I think that "some" coaches who have gained repect...are respected more by their players. they listen and execute better on the field. they prepare better and are more successful...that's all i'm trying to state...and of course "threats" like the ones you described don't would be senseless. and like i said...all i want is for the Miami Dolphins to win a Superbowl in the near...near future...regardless of who's coaching!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Hey Rude, why so much respect for T. Coughlin??....

I can't find anything about his coaching career that really impresses me enough to consider him over what Wanny has been able to accomplish here in Miami in three years....

Let's just look back at what Dave has accomplished....

2000 - Won division / Beat Colts in round one / Lost to Raiders in 2nd. 11-5 record.

2001 - Reached playoffs / lost to Ravens in round one. 11-5 record.

2002 - Had a great team, had a chance to win AFC East, but lost final two games, and missed playoffs as a result / 9-7 record.

2003 - Bad start. Rebounded shortly after, but then got destroyed in Tennessee. Lost too many big home games (Texans / Pats / Colts / Eagles}. Offense was in shambles late going, but still rallied to beat the Bills and Jets to close out the season. 10-6 record. We swept both the Jets and the Bills this season.:D

Dave has clearly struggled in bringing more offensive talent to the Phinz, but he's also added RB R. Williams, WR C. Chambers, and TE R. McMicheal during his three seasons. Not bad really. The OL and QB are the areas he has failed to upgrade....

Look, it takes time to build a winner. It wont happen in one or two seasons. Dave has been here all of three years, and although some disagree, he and Rick have improved the overall roster IMO. The offense has been on the back-burner for a couple of years, and now it's time to focus on fixing it....

This may be the year we finally get everything in place. I know we've all been saying that for quite a few years, but you've got to give it chance. Dave deserves another year IMO, and the new GM, (whoever that may be), will bring in the talent on offense that he needs to get better results....

The offense will improve in 2004, and Dave will be the head coach. We will be in very good shape going into 2004. The OL, and QB situations will be fixed, and we'll have the offense back on track....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Blitz, good post, It's respected.. BUT..

Wannstedt fails to bring the team down to earth after big wins.. Look at the Miami win over the Raiders last year in december, Miami goes on to lose their final 2 games to miss the playoffs.. Miami then has a huge win over the Cowboys and Miami then loses 2 straight to end hopes of a playoff quite early as expected.. You can keep blowing smoke like Wannstedt has for 4 years, but fact of the matter is that this team is not well coached and this team would not win more than 1 playoff game because of the lack to "Come back to earth" after big wins..

I understand where you're coming from, but you should understand where I am coming from as well..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

The NFC East knows what it's about
ok, add Gregg williams now too...he's the new defensive coordinator of the Washington Redskins:eek: ...He's an excellent coordinator, and will work wonders with a defense that includes: Bailey, Armstead, Arrington, Smoot, Trotter,etc.

All of your posts spew of ignorance.. I surely hope you do not lack the intellect in person as you do in your posts..

You talk about how you've played football before and all this and that, yet you are asking about the simple principals of coaching??

Wannstedt does not give it to his players straight.. that's the biggest problem.. He keeps blowing smoke for the last 3-4 years talking about "It's alright, It's alright".. Always patting his players on their back even after a loss and even when they have a huge win and never brings out the negatives that are holding this team down.. He focuses on the positives too much in fear of hurting anyones feelings..

These are NFL players, not kids.. their feelings will not get hurt when you tell them the truth, and if the truth hurts, that's how you tell what type of player he is by his reaction.. If he is told the truth and the work hard to correct it, thats the type you want, but if he starts getting offended and defensive.. Those are the ones to get rid of..

You can only blow smoke for so long until everyone notices that it's not alright.. These players run this team, the coach does not and that is why the players want Wannstedt back.

How do you know that Wanny doesn't "level" with players?

You are stating opinion as fact.........that is just plain stupid......and not worthy of any further response.......end of exchange.

This is not High School, College, Pee Wee or Optimist Football......This is the NFL.....where you are supposed to be a professional and not need some 55 year old goofball screaming at you and holding your hand so you can carry out a goddamn assignment as simple as zone blocking right instead of left and breaking down correctly to make a tackle.........
:)

It really depends on the player. Yes, you are dealing with different personalities, however a lazy person in HS and college who makes it into the NFL will not all of a sudden shed his lazy ways.
Maybe his coaches in both HS and College found a way to motivate that player to get the best out of them?
I think that is the key to a good coach....that is why Parcells is so successful.
He mastered the art of motivation.

Who died and made you the ultimate Head Coaching Genius???:lol: :lol:

You don't know anything about Dave. You don't know how he runs this team, or how he treats the players behind the public eye. None of us do....:pirate:

Remember this as well. The Phinz may not be one of the easiest teams to coach either. We have a tremendous ammount of big egos on this team. It's hard to deal with players like that, and all things considered, I think Dave has them pretty well focused on the importance of playing as a team. Not a whole lot bickering going on inside this club, and that's surprising IMO....

The truth is that there is no perfect coach for this team at this time. Hell, not even Jimmy Johnson could get this team to play in December. He certainly wasn't the messiah we all expected him to be. Give Dave one more chance. I think he'll take advantage of it, and make us proud again...:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

How do you know that Wanny doesn't "level" with players?

You are stating opinion as fact.........that is just plain stupid......and not worthy of any further response.......end of exchange.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to comprehend or even watch Wannstedt give a speech to the Miami players after a game..

After a win.. All he does is praise them. Praise Praise Praise..

that's all

After a loss.. All he does is say "It was a tough loss" and makes excuses for them..

Wannstedt is a chump coach. He has no GM responsibilities now, so all he has to do is coach and he can't even do that..

Wannstedt is being payed to do nothing..

Also, the one time Wannstedt has the balls to call someone out, he calls out Jamie Nails to the public.. :lol:

What a joke..

Wannstedt is a joke..

Mandich is talking about Coughlin's rules: No jewelry, no facial hair, no LONG HAIR, asked players in Jacksonville to remove their dreads.....

Ricky: "Yeah coach, you wanted to see me......."

Coughlin: "Yep, Ricky, I want you to get rid of that stuff on your head."

Ricky: "WHAT?"

Coughlin: "Cut those dreads or you will be suspended for a game."

Ricky: "We play the patriots this week coach."

Coughlin: "I don't care, I want discipline on this team."

Ricky: "I think you should cut me then."

YEAH!!!!! BRING THIS GUY IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRADE OUR PICKS TO THE GIANTS, I WANT HIM IN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a goof.

I'm a little late getting in on this, but I can only assume from the logic of the original poster that Bill Callahan would have been an even more attractive pick: questioning guys' masculinity, demeaning players, nearly having the crap kicked out of him by his own team.

Why didn't we go after HIM?

Read some books on SUCCESS.. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Or even management for that matter

That's the problem, you are reading books........I have lived all this crap.

Sometimes a little experience is what is needed..........

Not some stupid book.....

BTW, Joe Gibbs was re-hired in Washington....one of the best coaches of all-time.........THE ULTIMATE PLAYERS COACH.

Back
Top Bottom