Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

It took you a while, but I understand.. Your last post was a big step up from the "Coughlin sucks" post..

There's nothing I can do about people getting personal and sensitive after reading my post.. You go ahead and do whatever makes you feel better about yourself..

This is the NFL.. These players are being payed alot of money to perform at a high level and you have many laxadasical players out there wanting to look for an easy way to collect a pay check.. Standing up during practice is something done all the time and it would be easier to weed out all the egotistical f*cks that would whine about a simple rule of not being able to sit down on their helmets or whatever it is.. Tom Coughlin comes in, you can bet he would weed out all the lazy guys just looking to get through collect the easy money and just live on by their play from 3 years ago..

Tom Coughlin has also said he's learned alot by taking the year off.. but this is a moot point.. He's signed

Miami missed out

Now with Wannstedt, players can collect their paychecks easily..

Much better.....you must have popped your prozak or smoked a joint or something...........

Originally posted by Dolfan954
I'm a professional, and I do my job because that's what I was hired to do, and also because I know if I don't perform up to expectations, someone will replace me. This isn't grade school.

You also don't have the money to just be able to walk out and retire right now either.. Huge difference between you and an NFL player or NBA player or whatever..

You speak as if all athletes have that mind set..

You can speak for yourself and that's it..

Wannstedt laxadasical approach to coaching is rubbing off on the players on the field.. Week 17 for example, very recent example..

You just answered yourself.....these players could care less what a coach tells them.......

Originally posted by Section126

Much better.....you must have popped your prozak or smoked a joint or something...........
hey, we don't tolerate drug talk here buddy

Fact is.. The players that want to stay in NFL and make more money would have to earn it with Coughlin..

You cannot say that with Wannstedt..

What is it you want Rude? You want Wanny to threaten players with death? You want him to pull a gun in a Film session when somebody makes a mistake?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Fact is.. The players that want to stay in NFL and make more money would have to earn it with Coughlin..

You cannot say that with Wannstedt..

:roflmao:

What is he going to do? Summarily execute people on the practice field? :roflmao:

i don't think that players on dallas don't care what their coach says...do you section 126?

With Wanny as HC...I expect the same result as this past season and the one before that...no playoffs!!! that's my opinion!!!

but i will still support, cheer, and hope for my Fins...I love this team (as corney as that may sound).

In the end...all I really want is the Miami Dolphins to win the Superbowl...in the near future...regardless of who's our coach!!!

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by Section126
What is it you want Rude? You want Wanny to threaten players with death? You want him to pull a gun in a Film session when somebody makes a mistake?
Yeah he could pop warning shots into the ceiling and scream, "THE NEXT ONE IS FOR YOU MOFO!" :roflmao:

It seems I missed out on some good smack here, but I already jumped out of that aspect of that in this thread so I suppose I'll stay out. To the points that were made however; Coughlin will probably have a pretty good year with the Giants. They have a solid RB, a solid QB, good WR's, and a potentially great TE on offense. On the defensive side of the ball they have one great player in Strahan and a lot of solid guys surrounding him. They need to work on their defensive secondary and their O-line but that shouldn't be too difficult for them to handle so yes, I see Coughlin having a good year next year, and probably the year after (not Super Bowl years, but playoff years.)

His third year is where I see the team going to crap on him as he has some personalities over there that simply will not respond well, long term, to his control freak style. By that same token he would probably get a couple of playoff years out of the 'Fins before the team would finally turn on him forcing him to completely retool everything; Coughlin is simply a bad guy period.

Coughlin has a college mentality in a pro game and that simply will never fly long term because he's now dealing with grown men instead of kids and they simply don't respond well to backhanded, control freak, a-hole tactics.

Hey Rude, why so much respect for T. Coughlin??....

I can't find anything about his coaching career that really impresses me enough to consider him over what Wanny has been able to accomplish here in Miami in three years....

Let's just look back at what Dave has accomplished....

2000 - Won division / Beat Colts in round one / Lost to Raiders in 2nd. 11-5 record.

2001 - Reached playoffs / lost to Ravens in round one. 11-5 record.

2002 - Had a great team, had a chance to win AFC East, but lost final two games, and missed playoffs as a result / 9-7 record.

2003 - Bad start. Rebounded shortly after, but then got destroyed in Tennessee. Lost too many big home games (Texans / Pats / Colts / Eagles}. Offense was in shambles late going, but still rallied to beat the Bills and Jets to close out the season. 10-6 record. We swept both the Jets and the Bills this season.:D

Dave has clearly struggled in bringing more offensive talent to the Phinz, but he's also added RB R. Williams, WR C. Chambers, and TE R. McMicheal during his three seasons. Not bad really. The OL and QB are the areas he has failed to upgrade....

Look, it takes time to build a winner. It wont happen in one or two seasons. Dave has been here all of three years, and although some disagree, he and Rick have improved the overall roster IMO. The offense has been on the back-burner for a couple of years, and now it's time to focus on fixing it....

This may be the year we finally get everything in place. I know we've all been saying that for quite a few years, but you've got to give it chance. Dave deserves another year IMO, and the new GM, (whoever that may be), will bring in the talent on offense that he needs to get better results....

The offense will improve in 2004, and Dave will be the head coach. We will be in very good shape going into 2004. The OL, and QB situations will be fixed, and we'll have the offense back on track....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Hey Rude, why so much respect for T. Coughlin??....

I can't find anything about his coaching career that really impresses me enough to consider him over what Wanny has been able to accomplish here in Miami in three years....

Let's just look back at what Dave has accomplished....

2000 - Won division / Beat Colts in round one / Lost to Raiders in 2nd. 11-5 record.

2001 - Reached playoffs / lost to Ravens in round one. 11-5 record.

2002 - Had a great team, had a chance to win AFC East, but lost final two games, and missed playoffs as a result / 9-7 record.

2003 - Bad start. Rebounded shortly after, but then got destroyed in Tennessee. Lost too many big home games (Texans / Pats / Colts / Eagles}. Offense was in shambles late going, but still rallied to beat the Bills and Jets to close out the season. 10-6 record. We swept both the Jets and the Bills this season.:D

Dave has clearly struggled in bringing more offensive talent to the Phinz, but he's also added RB R. Williams, WR C. Chambers, and TE R. McMicheal during his three seasons. Not bad really. The OL and QB are the areas he has failed to upgrade....

Look, it takes time to build a winner. It wont happen in one or two seasons. Dave has been here all of three years, and although some disagree, he and Rick have improved the overall roster IMO. The offense has been on the back-burner for a couple of years, and now it's time to focus on fixing it....

This may be the year we finally get everything in place. I know we've all been saying that for quite a few years, but you've got to give it chance. Dave deserves another year IMO, and the new GM, (whoever that may be), will bring in the talent on offense that he needs to get better results....

The offense will improve in 2004, and Dave will be the head coach. We will be in very good shape going into 2004. The OL, and QB situations will be fixed, and we'll have the offense back on track....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

The reason is because...
Whenever a team has a "player's coach", they clamor for hard azz.

When they have a hard azz, they clamor for a player's coach.

Back
Top Bottom