Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge mistake for Miami not to go after Tom Coughlin

Section 126...not to be nosy or anything but...did you play, coach, or both...or involved in professional sports in some way???

i know that we don't agree on everything but i respect your opinon and know that you're knowledgeable!!!

Go Fins!!!

Why don't you just go and submit yourself up for the new GM job and show us how it's all done instead???....:rolleyes:

You sound like you have all the answers.....

I don't have all the answers, but I think Dave is a safe choice in 2004. He may not last beyond that, but he'll get the offensive help he needs this off-season to make a strong push into the playoffs....

With a GM on top of him in 2004, he wont have the job security he's recently had, and that's a bonus IMO. He's on the verge of losing his job even more so than before. This is the end of the line for him, so he knows how important winning will be in 2004...

T. Coughlin can run his ship anyway he feels. The Phinz will run theirs under Wanny. I can't say we'll go to the Super Bowl, but I know we'll be near the top once we fix this OL and Ricky gets back to business. :D

Just fixing the OL will be a huge help for the offense. Rick and whomever the new GM will be, should take care of it very well. Let's just wait and see. I'm excited though, and I like the decision Wanye has made to retain Dave....

On "thin ice" terms that is.....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Section 126...not to be nosy or anything but...did you play, coach, or both...or involved in professional sports in some way???

i know that we don't agree on everything but i respect your opinon and know that you're knowledgeable!!!

Go Fins!!!

Played Football: HC, JC.
Coached Football: 140's, assistant in HC (DB's)

Pro experience:

Baseball: Mets Rookie Ball........not good enough to make AA squad........good enough to ride pine at A level..........I passed.

That's my resume..........

The most important part of my resume:

Season Ticket Holder for the Fins since 1989.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I'm a little late getting in on this, but I can only assume from the logic of the original poster that Bill Callahan would have been an even more attractive pick: questioning guys' masculinity, demeaning players, nearly having the crap kicked out of him by his own team.

Why didn't we go after HIM?

Some of you are getting a little carried away with the exaggeration of what I'm saying.. I'm not talking about testing players manhoods or anything like that..

Callahan is the exact opposite of Wannstedt.. Both will never work..

If you're too ignorant to comprehend what I'm saying about Wannstedt, I cannot help you..

RudeByallMeans, I was exaggerating in response to your exaggeration. Be careful when throwing around words like ignorant.

The point I was making is an in-your-face style does not guarantee success, nor does a more player-friendly approach doom a coach to failure.

Originally posted by Section126
That's the problem, you are reading books........I have lived all this crap.

Sometimes a little experience is what is needed..........

Not some stupid book.....

BTW, Joe Gibbs was re-hired in Washington....one of the best coaches of all-time.........THE ULTIMATE PLAYERS COACH.

:lol:.. You don't have to be a coach or a player to know what being a coach is all about..

Being a coach in the NFL is like being a manager in any business..

You can take your resume and do whatever you want with it.. If you think Wannstedt is a good coach, the jokes on you..

Rude, since you have experience, share with us how your Supervisor position at the local Peep Show has anything to do with being a Head Coach in football.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
If you're too ignorant to comprehend what I'm saying about Wannstedt, I cannot help you..

Never asked for any....:D

Since you don't think Dave can coach this team, what you'd like to see happen is actually meaningless to me. We all have our own opinions, and what we like. I like our chances in 2004 with Dave as our head coach.:pirate:

I have nothing further to add to this discussion....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Why did'nt the dolphins fire Wanny and go after Dennis Green he is a good coach he had a good record as the Vikings coach he just had a hard time getting his players to play in the playoffs? In 1998 when I thought they going all the way I thought they were one of the best teams ever good defense and a scary offense to defend. He is kind of like Wanny but to me he is a better and more intense.

Got it and thanks.

I would enjoy being a season ticket holder but I live in CT...

But i finally did enjoy wathcing the Fins play home...I along with three of my friends went down to Miami and watched them play the Colts.

Section 143 Row 6...it was awesome!!!

Blitz, it wasn't directed towards you.. But if the shoe fits, wear it..

Miami missed out on hiring Coughlin.. Another year with Wannstedt will just prolong the situation..

Miami is my favorite team in the NFL and I'm sure I will be tricked into believing Miami will actually do something at some point in the off-season, but as of right now, with a level head and being able to see things from afar.. Miami will go nowhere with Wannstedt..

Wannstedt is a joke.. Bring in the Pro-Bowl squad..

I would take D, Green over T. Coughlin. At the same time however, would he really be an upgrade over Wanny???....

In his first season, I highly doubt it.

Dave, in three years, is very close to having this team right where he needs it IMO. A GM will make sure the offense gets the ammount of attention it needs this off-season. That's all that really matters right now IMO....

The defense is pretty safe even if we lose a couple of starters.....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

Back
Top Bottom