Huizenga has ruined this organization | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga has ruined this organization

Re: Re: Huizenga has ruined this organization

Originally posted by Cranx

Brilliant insights there sport. Care to share some of your conspiracy theories as well? :shakeno:

Why don't you try spitting out something positive about it then? Oh wait, you can't. Two straight years of non-playoff seasons. Find something positive out of that. Good luck.

The problem is you spout top 5 talent, but nobody in the NFL agrees with you. Miami has top 5 talent on D and our D has top 5 production. Our O does not have much talent and struggles. Sure the football novice will point at RW, Mcmichael and Chambers, but the truth is that Miami has major limitations at OL and QB, which are simply the two most important positions on offense. Then you add in the additional WR questions and you realize why the general NFL opinion was that Dave did well to get to 10-6.

Re: Re: Re: Huizenga has ruined this organization

Originally posted by phinfan34

Why don't you try spitting out something positive about it then? Oh wait, you can't. Two straight years of non-playoff seasons. Find something positive out of that. Good luck.

Because arguing with the likes of someone like you would be both pointless and useless. You obviously have your half baked opinion formed and will not listen to reason or rational thought so why bother?

Originally posted by Muck
Again, who would you have replaced him with??

Oronde says Dave is a good motivator. And Hank says it's a common misperseption. I really don't know cuz I'm not there.

You've asked this questions several times, and I've yet to see anyone answer it. If Wanny had gone like 5-11 or 7-9, I could see us replacing him, but a 10 wins avg over 4 years, people on this board must be nuts to replace him. He said at the begining of the year, they much coach better, apparently it didn't happen, he started finding new coaches quickly. Oblivously he felt that was one of the weaker areas. So he's changed alot of players, now coaches. This year will be a do or die year in terms of implementing a higher standard. Can these coaches get out of the players what previous coaches couldn't do? Time will tell.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Huizenga has ruined this organization

Originally posted by Cranx

Because arguing with the likes of someone like you would be both pointless and useless. You obviously have your half baked opinion formed and will not listen to reason or rational thought so why bother?

I want to see what you can say.... i'm waiting...

Originally posted by rafael
The problem is you spout top 5 talent, but nobody in the NFL agrees with you. Miami has top 5 talent on D and our D has top 5 production. Our O does not have much talent and struggles. Sure the football novice will point at RW, Mcmichael and Chambers, but the truth is that Miami has major limitations at OL and QB, which are simply the two most important positions on offense. Then you add in the additional WR questions and you realize why the general NFL opinion was that Dave did well to get to 10-6.

Top 5 talent on defense and a top 5 RB should at least get you to the playoffs one out of two years.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You've asked this questions several times, and I've yet to see anyone answer it. If Wanny had gone like 5-11 or 7-9, I could see us replacing him, but a 10 wins avg over 4 years, people on this board must be nuts to replace him. He said at the begining of the year, they much coach better, apparently it didn't happen, he started finding new coaches quickly. Oblivously he felt that was one of the weaker areas. So he's changed alot of players, now coaches. This year will be a do or die year in terms of implementing a higher standard. Can these coaches get out of the players what previous coaches couldn't do? Time will tell.

You replace him with anyone. Wanny will do the same thing next year. An average coach can only do so well. One and done at best. And that would be a good thing just to be in the damn playoffs.

It's his to ruin. Learn to deal with it if that's how you feel.

Oliver...

Originally posted by phinfan34

Top 5 talent on defense and a top 5 RB should at least get you to the playoffs one out of two years.

Without an OL, that's questionable.

Originally posted by rafael

This is an interesting take on the subject. Some people could almost make the case that Miami overachieved in Wanny's first year.....I don't think a lot of people expected them to go 11-5, win the division and get to the second round of the play-offs. Then in 2001, despite a terrible running game and a sporadic passing game, they again went 11-5 and made the play-offs, only to get beaten down by Baltimore's defense. There are many factors to point to in 2002--Ray Lucas, Jay coming back not 100%, many contributors to the collapse in New England, etc.....but I think this past year was a blatant example of GM Wanny shooting Coach Wanny in the foot. He pretty much ignored the offense, which was in desperate need of upgrades, and bolstered the defense. Despite the anemic offense, change 1-2 plays in every loss this year except for the Tennessee game (Houston, either Fiedler's out pattern pick or the BS holding call on McMichael; NE, either of Mare's misses; Indy, Griese's fumble; NE, McMichael's missed block of Harrison on the sack & fumble when the game was 3-0; and Philly, um, well pick any 3rd down where the D couldn't get off the field), and the Dolphins had a shot to be 15-1. The bottom line is most of the losses featured a poorly executed play with the game on the line that pretty much caused the Dolphins to lose. I'm not trying to defend Wanny, but I will say I am interested to see what he does when he is just coaching (assuming Spielman makes good moves to improve the offense). If the offense is significantly upgraded, and the team still manages to miss the play-offs, then Wanny should be gone for sure, in my opinion.

First, there is no quantifiable way you can say we have "Top 5 talent." According to whom?

Second, this year in the AFC was an aberration. If you go 10-6 in the league, you have something like a 90% chance of making the playoffs. We were very nearly 12-4, but we barely came out on the short end of two close contests against the eventual Super Bowl champ -- a team which strung off 15 victories in a row.

Did the team not meet expectations? Sure. Did it underachieve? Very hard to say, but I would argue "no."

here is someone that agrees w/you...

I'm not sold on Williams simply because coach Dave Wannstedt still is leading the ship in Miami. Wannstedt has demonstrated a knack for screwing things up in Miami, and why he's still there now is beyond me. Yes, Williams had an 1,800-yard, 16 touchdown season in 2002, but what I'm concerned about is his yards per carry -- 3.5 in 2003. Is he wearing out? He's had 775 carries the past two seasons -- more than any back in the NFL.
-- Roger Kuznia

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=shouldientertainthisrick&prov=tsn&type=lgns

I am over this topic in general since the decision has been made and we will have to live wit hit for another 11 months worst case

That is one dumbass quote there.......dolphan39.

I fail to see this "knack" for screwing things up.......the guy offered no examples.

The doozy though is.........He is not sold on Ricky because Wanny is here.................let me see..........this is fantasy football isn't it?......Wanny is a defensive coach that likes to run the ball...........

The proper quote would be........."I AM sold on Williams because Wanny is still there. Wanny has demonstrated a knack for giving Ricky the ball alot."

screwing things up =
  • taking E Moore over Boldin
  • having our 3 biggest signing on a weak O be DT, Dixon and Konrad
  • Spending 2/3 of the teams cap money on D
  • and I will not comment on the highly discussed topics of Fiedler and Fletcher :nono:
just playing devil's advocate here :D

I don't like Wanny as a personnel guy either, but I think he is a very good game day coach.

My point is that if the guy was talking about fantasy football he had it ***-backwards..........

We will have a new offense next year, maybe even 6 new starters, new QB, a new #2 wr......I think Ricky is a sure fire top 5 fantasy pick next year.

Back
Top Bottom