Hummer Must Die!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hummer Must Die!!!

Even tho he should earn a nickname..... if you wanna beat the Espn guys in nicknaming him you better do it now and let it be heard. Otherwise he'll just get a cheesy one from Berman and it will stick.

poornate said:
An H2 breaks down more than a 1981 Diesel Citation..........

And it gets 8 miles to the gallon :eek: :eek: :eek:
No wonder gas prices are so freakin' high!
I agree about dropping the nickname. It's tough to root for a guy who's nickname is "Hummer". But as long as he's a Dolphin, I'll root for him no matter what.

poornate said:
Can we please let the Hummer nickname fall by the wayside? Not only is it a euphamisn for oral but everyone on earth has got an H2 picture in their sig and those vehicles, unlike the Hum-Vee are about as tough as a GMC mini-van!!!!!!

wow...a bit extreme to say "hummer must die"...geez who calls him Hummer?? He's called H2...calm down :shakeno:

Just curious how often you guys with these big,bad vehicles actually drive them over other people's cars or even off of paved roads. Because my guess is you don't go anywhere or do anything with them that I couldn't do in my humble little SUV. (Yes, I'm a soccer dad). I doubt, however, that Ronnie, "the Explorer," Brown is going to catch on!

islandah said:
(Yes, I'm a soccer dad). I doubt, however, that Ronnie, "the Explorer," Brown is going to catch on!

:lol: I used to have a full size Bronco on 36" tires that saw action "off the beaten path" regularly. Then I sold it because I moved to Orlando and there just isnt really anywhere you can go that wont get you arrested.

islandah said:
Just curious how often you guys with these big,bad vehicles actually drive them over other people's cars or even off of paved roads. Because my guess is you don't go anywhere or do anything with them that I couldn't do in my humble little SUV. (Yes, I'm a soccer dad). I doubt, however, that Ronnie, "the Explorer," Brown is going to catch on!

I just bought a Honda Odyssey, so I guess I'll be calling him Ronnie "Ody" Brown. :lol: (Hehe...bracing for the "you bought a minivan?" responses. VTEC, anyone? :wink: )

I second the "let him earn a nickname" crew. I'm in favor of him earning the nickname Ronnie "Superbowl MVP" Brown! :D Of course, we might give him a couple of years for that one to take hold. :)

I also think the Hummer nickname for Ronnie should die...so should "H2" They are both pretty stupid. You should never get your nickname in a p!ssing match response to another player's cooler nickname. Cadillac IS Cadillac. Ronnie Brown is just Ronnie Brown. Bernie Parmalee already took UPS....cuz he actually worked there lol. And we're not gonna call Ronnie somethin stupid like "Doo-Doo Brown" or "Downtown Ronnie Brown" or "Browntown" or anything like that. I nominate Ronnie Brown to have the nickname "Ronnie Brown" End of story.

Other nicknames, I think Channing Crowder is BEGGING for a nickname. My favorite is "Crowd Control" but I'm sure there will be loads of others. Matt Roth has such character that you're sure he will end up with some kind of "Tazmanian Devil" type nickname or something. He kept getting nicknames at Iowa, apparently, but it was never a concensus what his nickname should be (I've heard "Beast" and "Hawk")

There's always too much clamoring to give a guy a nickname. Very few guys in the league have one that actually sticks. You'll know when a guy deserves one. Just having one guy drafted who will definitely get a nickname (Crowder), and then one other guy who might get one (Roth), is rare enough.

TooDrkPark said:
wow...a bit extreme to say "hummer must die"...geez who calls him Hummer?? He's called H2...calm down :shakeno:

I don't want to calm down about it. If there is a more pretentious, overelaborate, or useless symbol to strap on the hope of our beloved Dolphins I can't think of it. he will be the face of the franchise for good or bad and I just can't stand the thought of it getting stuck on him. Can you hear all the "ran out of gas" analogies echoing around in sportswriters heads for his first bad game. I can and it's deafening........ I love the let him earn a name idea. :tongue:

Here here poornate. Down with "Hummer" and down with "H2" They are both stupid nicknames. To get your nickname in some kind of response to another teammate's cooler nickname is just stupid, unless it was like back when Zach Thomas and Larry Izzo were "Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble"

Cadillacs and Hummers have nothing to do with each other, though. People just came up with the Hummer nickname for Ronnie in complete competitive response to Cadillac's nickname and that IMMEDIATELY makes Ronnie's nickname very uncool and stupid.

Hudson Houck should have Ronnie's nickname before Ronnie should have it, because his initials actually ARE H.H. (H2). H2 just doesn't make sense for Ronnie anymore, now that he and Cadillac are on different teams.

Back
Top Bottom