Hunt not impressive | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt not impressive

I gotta disagree with the OP on this. Yes, he wasn’t good on that one play. But look at it this way...... He’s a rookie, playing on a line that has had multiple injury problems this year...... So, from what I’ve seen in general, is a very promising young guard. I definitely wouldn’t play him at tackle regularly.....But he’s been decent at guard this year.
Its perfectly ok to disagree.

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out to OP, but Hunt does a good job on this play. The problem is Tua steps up in the pocket for no reason I can see. Hunt protects perfectly the spot Tua is supposed to be. So the interception is 100% Tua's fault.

...and I see it as a top 3 need. Perspectives differ, but either way, I won't be 'done' with this team.
Well I have our needs in order of priority like this.....WR,RB,LB,WR,Edge, another DT for the rotation and maybe another safety.
But it's ok that you see RT as a top 3 priority. The fact is that whatever you and I want has nothing to do with what the FO/HC will do anyway.

Well I have our needs in order of priority like this.....WR,RB,LB,WR,Edge, another DT for the rotation and maybe another safety.
But it's ok that you see RT as a top 3 priority. The fact is that whatever you and I want has nothing to do with what the FO/HC will do anyway.
But back to you being done with this team. If we take that RT early... what will your done-ness entail?

But back to you being done with this team. If we take that RT early... what will your done-ness entail?
I'm never gong to really be done with the team but it'd tell me Grier is going about all this the wrong way. You win in the NFL these days by having weapons on offense. You don't use your best resources on a RT, specially when you already have one that's doing well in his rookie year. But hey, I'm not the expert.

btw... I would rate our needs in tiers.

Dire: ILB, RT, WR
Needful: RB
Eventual: C, Edge
Depth: DT, S, QB

I'm never gong to really be done with the team but it'd tell me Grier is going about all this the wrong way. You win in the NFL these days by having weapons on offense. You don't use your best resources on a RT, specially when you already have one that's doing well in his rookie year. But hey, I'm not the expert.
So... your comment about being done with this team was hyperbole... glad to hear that.

...and weapons only work when you have the proper foundation to use them. Football will always be about protecting your QB and damaging the opponent's QB.

btw... I would rate our needs in tiers.

Dire: ILB, RT, WR
Needful: RB
Eventual: C, Edge
Depth: DT, S, QB
If we draft a RT before round 5, I'm starting a GoFundMe to have Grier return any GM award he may have stumbled upon...

Hunt will blow his man off the LOS...Tua will hand the ball off to a competent HB...Tua will use RPO/play-action to play pitch-and-catch with his weapons.

I suspect that we will become a very physical team up front. Hunt is a perfect RT for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom