Hunt not impressive | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt not impressive

Robert Hunt, along with his fellow rookies Kindley and Jackson are really doing a fine job overall. All tackles whiff but that pick was on the QB. He needed to throw it away or run it. He held the ball too long and should have just taken a sack at that point. In a similar situation later he ran it in. I think it's really tough to call Robert Hunt unimpressive. This kid is so powerful at the point of attack. He was pushing his guy around from the opening bell. Please remember there was no pre-season and no exhibition games to work on technique, he's a ROOKIE and he is a big part of the best o-line we've had in ages.

Having tackle feet is generally a gift from God... Rather than from hard work and dedication.

You either have the natural speed and quickness... or you don't. There have been legions of strongman, no feet players who have moved inside at the next level... and almost none who have started inside and moved out.

Many many NFL Guards who were College tackles...

It is THE #1 position change in football...

...and yet, there is a narrative here (spread 100% by people who want to draft so called 'skill position' players) that Hunt will somehow do something that no player has ever really done before-- become a blind-side tackle after showing poor feet.

It'd be different if we had a right handed QB.

Denial... thy name is finheaven. I have never in my life seen a more obvious case of 'motivated reasoning' as those who think he'll suddenly develop dancer's feet and lateral quickness.
i don't know if you were including me (as I've never opined on whether his feet are good enough for Tackle long term).

I just said earlier that physicality isn't one of his issues.

I really don't have time for Baldy type breakdown. And my football level is not at professional level. But I do rewatched the tape and looped a few times trying to get a better picture of the plays that interested me.

His run block has been above average for a rookie starting without a full pre season. His pass blocking is shaky at time. Just saying.

What level would you say your football level is? A 2 maybe? (out of 10 or whatever you think)

On the INT that Tua threw against the Pats, Hunt completely whiffed the block.

First of all, he setup his block too deep in the back feild, allow the end get too close to Tua right after the snap. Then he allowed the end pushed him half step back. By this time, the end was within arm length of Tua.

Tua felt the pressure and step up. The end followed upfield, Hunt then lacked the foot speed to adjust the angle of the block. It allowed the end got close to within inches of Tua. Making Tua to make an ill advised throw, for an INT.

So according to this analysis Tua has a LONG way to go too.

What timing!

Merry Christmas everyone!

You cannot make this stuff up.

Many of our young players will make some rookie mistakes. It is incredible with all these individuals have their respective growing pains that we are still in control of our playoff destiny. Tua like the other rookies will only improve and grow together. As long as they don't get complacent we should be in great shape next year. With Flores I would not expect too many guys coming in out of shape next year.

Having tackle feet is generally a gift from God... Rather than from hard work and dedication.

You either have the natural speed and quickness... or you don't. There have been legions of strongman, no feet players who have moved inside at the next level... and almost none who have started inside and moved out.

Many many NFL Guards who were College tackles...

It is THE #1 position change in football...

...and yet, there is a narrative here (spread 100% by people who want to draft so called 'skill position' players) that Hunt will somehow do something that no player has ever really done before-- become a blind-side tackle after showing poor feet.

It'd be different if we had a right handed QB.

Denial... thy name is finheaven. I have never in my life seen a more obvious case of 'motivated reasoning' as those who think he'll suddenly develop dancer's feet and lateral quickness.
Dunno man, most people here (myself included) think he should swap to RG at some point. Leave Kindley at LG. Draft or sign a RT. I think his ceiling at RG is significantly higher than it is at RT (especially because Tua’s a lefty). My post was more to point out just how raw he was from a coaching standpoint compared to other rookie OL.

Back
Top Bottom