Hunt not impressive | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt not impressive

I would make the argument that if Tua throws the ball at the top of the drop it’s a TD and the blocking doesn’t matter. But to eac
Tua should have tucked it and ran! Made the correct decision later in game.

Find me a tackle in the NFL who never gets beat. Ever.

I'll wait.

Hunt has been more than fine, and he was a focal point in the running game against New England. Maybe he's better suited to play guard long term, but I think he's been solid at right tackle. Not opposed to drafting someone like Jalen Mayfield with 1b/2a to kick him inside, but not a necessity.

On the INT that Tua threw against the Pats, Hunt completely whiffed the block.

First of all, he setup his block too deep in the back feild, allow the end get too close to Tua right after the snap. Then he allowed the end pushed him half step back. By this time, the end was within arm length of Tua.

Tua felt the pressure and step up. The end followed upfield, Hunt then lacked the foot speed to adjust the angle of the block. It allowed the end got close to within inches of Tua. Making Tua to make an ill advised throw, for an INT.

So, let me get this straight:

You're taking ONE play out of the New England game...completely ignoring the run blocking he did during the game, in which he ANNIHILATED people...and then use that one play to title a thread "Hunt Not Impressive."

BUT...when someone disagrees with you, you go to the opposite extreme, sarcastically..."Oh, okay, all Dolphins players are perfect."

But OTHER posters are being childish?

giphy.gif

Tua tucked it and ran for the TD in the second half. His artificial intelligence had already kicked in (God Charles Davis sucks).

As far as physicality, I don't think Big Hunt lacks that.
I do... I suspect that he'll always be a great run blocker, but a weak pass blocker. I don't think that he has the feet for it. I hope that I'm wrong, but this WAS the evaluation on him from just about every tout.

Tua and Hunt are both rookies and will make mistakes. You want perfect?.......should have gone to an Ozzy concert. I saw him 22 times and left happy each one of them.
What if we take one on the second day?

I do... I suspect that he'll always be a great run blocker, but a weak pass blocker. I don't think that he has the feet for it. I hope that I'm wrong, but this WAS the evaluation on him from just about every tout.
If you follow Hunt’s story, you will see a young man who really hasn’t been coached that long. He played 1A High School football in a small town. His team had 18 players. Sometimes it dropped down to 14. They won 2 games in 4 years. In many ways he is extremely raw compared to other OG/OT prospects this year. There is certainly a chance he will never be great in pass protection. I personally think he has a lot of room left to improve before things are said and done though.

I heard that too.

May not have tackle feet.

Never any issues with his physicality.

I think we're saying the same thing :)

Having tackle feet is generally a gift from God... Rather than from hard work and dedication.

You either have the natural speed and quickness... or you don't. There have been legions of strongman, no feet players who have moved inside at the next level... and almost none who have started inside and moved out.

Many many NFL Guards who were College tackles...

It is THE #1 position change in football...

...and yet, there is a narrative here (spread 100% by people who want to draft so called 'skill position' players) that Hunt will somehow do something that no player has ever really done before-- become a blind-side tackle after showing poor feet.

It'd be different if we had a right handed QB.

Denial... thy name is finheaven. I have never in my life seen a more obvious case of 'motivated reasoning' as those who think he'll suddenly develop dancer's feet and lateral quickness.

Last edited:
Rookie makes dumb mistake...news at 11...
And I’m the biggest Tua guy around...the impressive thing for me was ...he learned from it...next time in that situation with a open middle,he tucked and ran it in for the score.

Back
Top Bottom