Hunt not impressive | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt not impressive

On the INT that Tua threw against the Pats, Hunt completely whiffed the block.

First of all, he setup his block too deep in the back feild, allow the end get too close to Tua right after the snap. Then he allowed the end pushed him half step back. By this time, the end was within arm length of Tua.

Tua felt the pressure and step up. The end followed upfield, Hunt then lacked the foot speed to adjust the angle of the block. It allowed the end got close to within inches of Tua. Making Tua to make an ill advised throw, for an INT.

That’s one snap, and fair enough, one mistake was made. What about the rest of them? Are you judging him based on a single snap?

Says him and Kindley just allowed one pressure each. Not saying Hunt is perfect, but I think it would be more credible if you graded every single one of his snaps, then you can get a true measure of his total performance for a game, or season depending on how deep you want to go. To take any players single worst play or best for that matter aNd grade them on that isn’t really telling the full picture no?

Yep , and the whole team and coaching staff gave been quite impressive also.

That’s one snap, and fair enough, one mistake was made. What about the rest of them? Are you judging him based on a single snap?

Says him and Kindley just allowed one pressure each. Not saying Hunt is perfect, but I think it would be more credible if you graded every single one of his snaps, then you can get a true measure of his total performance for a game, or season depending on how deep you want to go. To take any players single worst play or best for that matter aNd grade them on that isn’t really telling the full picture no?
PFF says Jackson was the one with a bit of a shaky performance...not Hunt!

His initial punch vs smaller defenders in the run game is almost comical to watch. Not only does he completely stop their momentum, he knocks them 1-2 yards backwards. He has done a good job the past few weeks sealing the edge and getting to the next level.

Nice breakdown. The timing of this is quite comical for real though.....Kid is gonna get there and already showing promise. Now let's continue to develop this guy and see what he can become. Regardless of position, he is becoming an asset.

Tua missed his read which should have been a TD.
I dont know if he couldn't see who was open or what but Tua should have had a TD pass instead of an Int.
Tua knew this too .

On the INT that Tua threw against the Pats, Hunt completely whiffed the block.

First of all, he setup his block too deep in the back feild, allow the end get too close to Tua right after the snap. Then he allowed the end pushed him half step back. By this time, the end was within arm length of Tua.

Tua felt the pressure and step up. The end followed upfield, Hunt then lacked the foot speed to adjust the angle of the block. It allowed the end got close to within inches of Tua. Making Tua to make an ill advised throw, for an INT.

So we can decide someone is "unimpressive" based one one play? Roll the tape on X, DVP, and TT

Fandumb

Like the player and he never makes a bad play.

Don’t like the player and he always makes bad plays.

I gotta disagree with the OP on this. Yes, he wasn’t good on that one play. But look at it this way...... He’s a rookie, playing on a line that has had multiple injury problems this year...... So, from what I’ve seen in general, is a very promising young guard. I definitely wouldn’t play him at tackle regularly.....But he’s been decent at guard this year.

Back
Top Bottom