Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

How's it looking over there? My father lives near middle river and I haven't been able to get ahold of him for a couple of hours. Do you have power?

We did ok. I thought the storm surge was going to flood some homes on the river, but the water stopped rising and even receded a little. Winds got strong at one point, but I don't see much structural damage around. Everyone around here is without power though

Hope all in FL are ok, looks like its our turn today. Not near what you all experienced, but we will get the strong side storms and possible tornados today. Nothing we don't get every summer here with severe thunderstorms, but everyone hit the gestations, ATMs and grocery stores like its the end of the world.

That monster was so huge that I just got caught in a monsoon-like squall when outside here in North Broward checking for damage. Gonna take me awhile to decompress from this nerve-racking past week, and will keep all the preparations up and batteries in until November. Hope everyone made it through - or will make what remains of it through safely.

I know there are still a lot of our FH friends without power, etc. Hope all is well with everyone. I can't speak for everyone in St. Cloud, but we have the usual tree debris, etc., but otherwise thankful to come out like we did. I know there are some that have a lot worse. Even when Irma was weakened the wind gusts were high and frequent. I feel very fortunate that she didn't come up either coast like predicted at one time or the other and stay a 4 or 5. Massive, massive storm!

Good Morning Finheaven. Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I know most of you had a tough week and an even tougher weekend once the storm hit. I'm glad to see that it's finally over. I hope, all of you are OK? I'll be checking throughout the day to see who's been posting as a way to know who's ok. Good Luck my fellow Finheaven buddies!!!

Luckily, the tree was further from the house.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1505138977913.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505138977913.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 42
Hurricane Jose’s unusual loop points to U.S., but too soon to tell where it will go
September 11, 2017 weather.
Facebook Twitter Share 1

Hurricane Jose, a 105-mph Category 2 storm, is idling in the Atlantic, but is forecast to do an unusual loop before pointing toward the U.S. coastline.

Jose trailed Irma last week through the tropics, and as of the 5 a.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center, was heading north-northwest at 10 mph. It is about 255 miles northeast of Grand Turk Island.

It is too early to say if Jose will be a threat to the U.S. It is expected to linger over the western Atlantic for several days before making a turn taking it west.

“The expectation is that Jose will complete a small
clockwise loop over the open waters of the western Atlantic the next
couple of days,” forecasters wrote. “Despite the complex forecast track, this general solution is shared by all the reliable model guidance.”

Entire family is safe and sound. The house and neighborhood made it out with minor damage. Power is out but a few of my family members near by have power and water. We feel very fortunate to be able to take a shower and cool off when we can. Again I hope everyone is well.

Most publix locations are open and cranking out subs and fried chicken today. The lines are long but it's nice to eat some real food after being locked down for a couple days.

I lost power about 11 am yesterday got it back about an hour ago. Realized I'm such a punk as I can't deal without AC. I got pretty lucky, no damage other then a tree that fell which will be a new firewood pile.

I did spend most of the night outside on my patio watching the wind blow and the force was still pretty incredible.

I hope everyone is safe.

Back
Top Bottom