Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

No power, no sleep. Cooked tons of food on the grill though.

I saw where FPl said it would be like a week or so for East fla but for West they needed to do a whole rebuild of the system and it would take like months. Thats almost unlivable for that long.

Duke energy just got power back to my neighborhood. It was like Christmas in September. Now the long wait for internet to return. :)

Again I hope everyone is safe and life returns to normal as soon as possible.

Checking in. POWER to the people! With comcast. Power was flicking on and off all day and finally it's on. Didn't think I'd be watching MNF.

Thank you to everyone who kept this thread up to date with all the latest info. You guys were tracking it down to a tee. Glad everyone is good. Hope everyone has power soon.

Go Dolphins!!!!!!

Lots of trees down here in Miramar. I mean, holy ****. Fences completely gone, roof shingles. Couple of cars around the neighborhood got smashed.

Some of my pool screen went but the rubber was left right behind so I was able to fix it myself. That's it for me. Palm trees fell completely but out of harm's way.

Between 12:30-2:00pm we must have went from tropical storm to cat-1/2 over here. We had a short span of some serious wind.

Those tornado warnings were scary as ****.

Most publix locations are open and cranking out subs and fried chicken today. The lines are long but it's nice to eat some real food after being locked down for a couple days.
I waited like 2 hours at Publix for chicken earlier in the day. Totally worth it after eating tuna for almost a day. Bless those people for going in to work today.

Went to U Sushi, waited another hour for dinner.....came home with power.

Ugh still no power here. This heat is terrible during the day. At night, and I mean after 11 pm to 7 am, it doesn't feel as bad with all windows open.

Chest freezer still iced well but the fridge is now lukewarm and the fridge freezer will likely be that way by the end of the day. Got invited to stay by family but not at that point yet but could be another story if the electricity don't come back soon.

Luckily I prepped well so food and cold drinks still well in stock.

Not really trying to drive with all that debris on the roads. Did that too early during Wilma and ended up with 3 flat tires. Lesson learned.

The wrath of the wind and rain was on my balcony and bedroomside and water leaked thru pretty good on floors so dealing with that. All the shingles are off the roof and more trees down than up.

But we still good here in Oakland Park . . . Move ya ass FPL.

P.s. **** Jose right about now, glad he looks to be not coming.

Last edited:
I waited like 2 hours at Publix for chicken earlier in the day. Totally worth it after eating tuna for almost a day. Bless those people for going in to work today.

Went to U Sushi, waited another hour for dinner.....came home with power.

Outside of winter weather, the other main reason it would be hard to leave FL is the idea of going to a state without a Publix every 2 or 3 miles. Don't think I could make it.

Not sure I woulda did Sushi after a storm tho lol

Made it okay. Roof shingles got chopped up and yard is flooded, still! No power.Daytona area fared well other than flooding, fences and debris. Matthew cleaned us pretty good so Irma was !like , Matthew warned you to fix that failing roof or cut that hazardous tree down so you get what you got, lol. Glad go hear everybody is OK. Leaving the hurricane preparedness up until November.

Back
Top Bottom