HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"Jan. 17: The Dolphins announced today former quarterback Don Strock has been named junior vice president of office management under the senior vice president of football operations, Dan Marino, who still will report to President Eddie Jones and owner H. Wayne Huizenga.

Strock's duties haven't been detailed beyond carrying Marino's clipboard through the office.

"I take offense to anyone thinking this is a `figurehead' position," Huizenga said. "This gives us an impressive corporate flow chart. Plus, as I've been reminded the last few days, Strock never won a ring, either."

Jan. 21: The Dolphins announced today the famed Marks Brothers, Mark Duper and Mark Clayton, have been named co-vice presidents in charge of players named Mark. They will report directly to Don, who will report to Dan, who will report to Eddie, who will report to Wayne, who reports season-ticket sales are holding steady.

"I defy anyone to say this is a `figurehead' position," Huizenga said. "Last year our problems began when Mark Dixon got hurt. That meant we didn't have a single `Mark' on the roster. Who better to remedy this? Plus, these guys never won a ring."

Link to rest of article:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-hyde16jan16,0,2579955.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

Media declaring war?Is not just Herald.

Exactly.....all these guys can take a leap.

Who the hell is this guy anyway? Owner of a Super Bowl winning franchise? Like he has a clue about how to run an organization...all he does is run his gimpy azz carpel-tunneled digits over the keys for chicken scratch.

So much for "objective" reporting YET AGAIN. South Florida may need another hurricane to sweep all the chicken ---- out of the cities.

Originally posted by minus
"Jan. 17: The Dolphins announced today former quarterback Don Strock has been named junior vice president of office management under the senior vice president of football operations, Dan Marino, who still will report to President Eddie Jones and owner H. Wayne Huizenga.

Strock's duties haven't been detailed beyond carrying Marino's clipboard through the office.

"I take offense to anyone thinking this is a `figurehead' position," Huizenga said. "This gives us an impressive corporate flow chart. Plus, as I've been reminded the last few days, Strock never won a ring, either."

Jan. 21: The Dolphins announced today the famed Marks Brothers, Mark Duper and Mark Clayton, have been named co-vice presidents in charge of players named Mark. They will report directly to Don, who will report to Dan, who will report to Eddie, who will report to Wayne, who reports season-ticket sales are holding steady.

"I defy anyone to say this is a `figurehead' position," Huizenga said. "Last year our problems began when Mark Dixon got hurt. That meant we didn't have a single `Mark' on the roster. Who better to remedy this? Plus, these guys never won a ring."

Link to rest of article:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-hyde16jan16,0,2579955.column?coll=sfla-sports-front

Very amusing and totally accurate article.
Huizenga might fool SOME fans with his smoke and mirrors, but he isn't fooling anyone else.

Some members of the media definitely seem to be exacting revenge for Wayne's upbraiding of Armando Salguero.

Of course, those who are criticizing Wayne for his hiring, have never been in executive management and have very little idea of what it takes to run a successful organization.

Wayne has a string of impressive business successes and has built excellent organizations.

Dan brings dedication, a great knowledge of the game of football, an ecxellent relationship with Wayne (this is always important in business)and an unmatched passion for the Dolphins. These are valuable assets to bring to the job and may well translate into more success for the franchise.

In any event, the more important hire was Spielman for the post of GM. That was the most significant change of the day.

The media sucks. plain and simple. always has and always will. They are above anyone and everyone. That is why rick loves them so much!:lol:

We will see where things shake out because The media or wayne can't win this battle without us the fans. We will end being the deciding factor.

The Media is going to get another black eye from us.

Let the e-mail campaign begin...

--Ross

Originally posted by Ross
The Media is going to get another black eye from us.

Well, not really. There is not much you or I can do to give them a "black eye," even if they were in the wrong. Which they're not, in this case.

"There is not much you or I can do to give them a "black eye,""

Sure there is Rick. Haven't you been paying attention this week?

Especially since they are wrong in case...

Yet again...

Originally posted by Ross
"There is not much you or I can do to give them a "black eye,""

Sure there is Rick. Haven't you been paying attention this week?

Especially since they are wrong in case...

Yet again...

No, Ross, I am correct, as is the majority of commentators and analysts that think the Marino hiring is nothing but a dog and pony show to distract Fins fans from the fact that nothing has been changed despite two seasons out of the playoffs.
And no, embarrassing Armando Salguero for lying about why he was high-fiving isn't really giving the media a black eye. It's giving one reporter a black eye for being caught in a lie, but it won't affect his newspaper in the least.

I've come to expect this from Hyde in the past couple of months. Ever since Jason Taylor expressed his frustration with media coverage, Hyde has been writing as if he had a torch in one hand and a pitchfork in the other (makes you wonder how he types). Not only that, but he writes as if he's fronting a laugh track complete with rimshots.

Kills me how this moron writing can come up with all these "predictions" when he doesn't have a clue what the Dolphin brain-trust is thinking.

Inaccurate and negatively biased as it gets.

Have to admit it was slightly funny, but still, is this guy trying to be Robin Williams or something? I don't think he has shown himself very professional AT ALL in this article. Kind of like a 2 year old with a 15 year old vocabulary.

I read that article this morning and had to recheck the web site to make sure I didn't hit my Herald bookamrk by accident. I wanted to email him and call him an idiot. That's not even an editorial style opinion. It's simply kindergarden recess pick fighting. It's a childish attempt to be sarcastic when he obviosuly knows diddly like we all, because after a week, Dan has yet to even start working. No one knows how Dan will fare, but make a mockery of the phin's organization was cheap and appalling.

What an ***.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, Ross, I am correct, as is the majority of commentators and analysts that think the Marino hiring is nothing but a dog and pony show to distract Fins fans from the fact that nothing has been changed despite two seasons out of the playoffs.
And no, embarrassing Armando Salguero for lying about why he was high-fiving isn't really giving the media a black eye. It's giving one reporter a black eye for being caught in a lie, but it won't affect his newspaper in the least.

Ya that "black eye" Armando got won't effect his standing in the paper much I don't think. I'm sure his negativity sells plenty and that's what it all comes down to...$$$.

He probably thrives on that kinda stuff...builds his legend and what not.

Back
Top Bottom