HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Ya that "black eye" Armando got won't effect his standing in the paper much I don't think. I'm sure his negativity sells plenty and that's what it all comes down to...$$$.

He probably thrives on that kinda stuff...builds his legend and what not.

I really don't give a damn about Salguero or his reputation. Whether someone acts like a jerk doesn't affect the accuracy of their statements.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

I really don't give a damn about Salguero or his reputation. Whether someone acts like a jerk doesn't affect the accuracy of their statements.

First off...I don't either.

Secondly, show ANY accuracy in that article besides the facts of who was hired in what position.

Complete fabrication.

Hint: Start at Jan 17 and work down.

Well, not really. There is not much you or I can do to give them a "black eye," even if they were in the wrong. Which they're not, in this case.

I guess you havent been 0on the boards much lately or listen to the radio much.

You are in error again.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

First off...I don't either.

Secondly, show ANY accuracy in that article besides the facts of who was hired in what position.

Complete fabrication.

Hint: Start at Jan 17 and work down.

Oh puh-LEEEEEASE. Don't tell me you don't understand the concept of satire...

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

I guess you havent been 0on the boards much lately or listen to the radio much.

You are in error again.

No, I am not in error now, nor was I before. I already addressed the Salguero issue, but I guess you just weren't paying attention. Again.

yes it does. Somebody who is showing negativity towards a team definitly will slant his/her articles towards negativity instead of objectivity.

Re: Re: HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

Very amusing and totally accurate article.
Huizenga might fool SOME fans with his smoke and mirrors, but he isn't fooling anyone else.

Luckily you do not fall into the fan category.

Rick, even as satire, the piece is over-the-top yuk-yuk stuff.

Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" was more subtle.

Oh puh-LEEEEEASE. Don't tell me you don't understand the concept of satire...

Of course I do...but I don't think this was the right way for a PROFESSIONAL writer to go about it...

And that doesn't change the fact that there's nothing ACCURATE in that article.

No facts, No accuracy, No plausible predictability.

Garbage.

I don't like Hyde at all. To me the guy is very far from funny, witty or insightful. I was in the comedy club business for 6 years so I think I'd know good humor if I heard it. This buttmunch once wrote a nasty column about Marino while he was playing. I flipped out and sent him a fax and I didn't hold back at all. Imagine the nerve of this nobody trashing one of the great sports heros in S. Florida history and as we all know WAY beyond S. Florida. It's easy to snipe from the galleries and it's easy to take cheap shots. I wish Hyde would go practice his sarcasm in another city.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
... I wanted to email him and call him an idiot. That's not even an editorial style opinion. It's simply kindergarden recess pick fighting. It's a childish attempt to be sarcastic when he obviosuly knows diddly like we all, because after a week, Dan has yet to even start working. No one knows how Dan will fare, but make a mockery of the phin's organization was cheap and appalling...

I shot him off an Email last night...I doubt that he will respond.

"Honestly, I could not quite finish reading all of your article. I had to scan down to the bottom to see the punch line because of the sheer boredom of your article.

I get your point. You believe that Marino is just a bobble head doll that is there for one thing...to sell tickets.

You have every right to take that cynical view. I find it lazy. Why? Because you are asuming too much. You are asuming that Marino can not have an impact on this team.

Why don't you actually write something constructive? Why don't you actually define what a VP of Football operations does? Why don't you do some old fashion research and find out what Marino's intitial responsibilities will be? Why don't you find out what his vision is for this team? Why don't you find out what his work schedule is? Why don't you talk to people that know Marino and ask them about his football knowledge? Why don't you compare Marino's position to other teams personnel that have a similar position? Why don't you consider that Marino is an upgrade to the non-football oriented Eddie Jones?

Here's a new one...why don't you give this some time to see how it developes?

I like the move. I live in DC...so I won't be buying tickets. I like the Marino signing. It's a shrewd move that can lift the expectations of the entire team. Now, are those expectations baseless? You seem to think so. But, I can't trust your view. You have done no research. Your article reflects laziness. Are you qualified to judge the Marino position? Or are you just a figure head that knows how to type?

Do some real reporting. Ask some real questions. And drop your ax to grind. It is boring."

Originally posted by FFiB

yes it does. Somebody who is showing negativity towards a team definitly will slant his/her articles towards negativity instead of objectivity.

When reality is negative, you show negativity. The reality in this case is that the Fins made a bad joke of a decision and most media commentators are discussing this reality.

Originally posted by BSQX4
I wish Hyde would go practice his sarcasm in another city.

Another good point. There's satire, and then there's sarcasm. Give me well-crafted satire any day. On the other hand, a paragraph of sarcasm is about all I want in one sitting.

Re: Re: Re: HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

Originally posted by FFiB

Luckily you do not fall into the fan category.

You probably wish that were so, since it would mean you could dismiss what I say, but the truth is that I AM a fan...a very intense fan. Which is why I am so ticked off by Huizenga's moves...or lack of moves, I should say.

Do some real reporting. Ask some real questions. And drop your ax to grind. It is boring."

EXACTLY! Aren't reporters supposed to report the "facts?"

This is something you'd expect to see in some third-rate wannabe REAL paper in a division rival town, mocking the organization. THAT's where this belongs.....not here.

Back
Top Bottom