HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Yes I do, for precisely the reason you cite: Spielman has spent years deferring to Wanny. I get more of the image of him as a kid who's finally been handed the keys to the family car and told to test it out on the open road.

There's a certain ethics to business that ALL successful businesses recognize....and that is you DON'T publicly berate others within your organization. It hurts the business overall and makes the person making the statements, more often than not, look like a jack-***. OF COURSE Spielman is going to support Wanny, but, at the same time, tidbits flow out about the differences in their opinions on draftees (and Spielman had better choices in most).

Imagine if Spielman would've said to the media, "No Dave's picks were obviously stupid, but I couldn't talk his hard-headed azz out of 'em." He would have looked like a clown and that would've brought more problems to the organization.

"No, that's not true Ross. It's across the country."

No Rick that's not true. It's just Miami guys reporting nationally. Call up a local talk show out of the Miami fan base area and you hear a much different spin...

"Only a fool can't see this as a postive move." --Ricky Williams

some people just don't get it. How many of you (even jokingly) think that you could have made better personnel decisions (i.e....why take a LB when you need a WR)? Most of wish someone like "us" a "fan" had the ability to say HEY, WTF are you thinking?

Now....you have someone who played 17 years for Miami, perhaps the greastest QB of all time, someone who knows football in and outdo out-talk anyone on this board in a debate on football. Someone who's sole job the last 4 years was to analyze football teams, games, the league, and also has 17 years previous experience game-planning, reading defenses, designing offensive schemes and strategies.

Now....wouldn't you want someone with the above experience to put a reality check on DW and Rick sometimes? I don't get it how some people think he want do anything and the 'status quo' is the 'status quo'. First of all, Rick won't get over-ruled by DW.....so I don't know how some people think DW still has the final call (....delusion perhaps?)....secondly both DW and RS report to Dan the Man.....who although may not know about 'pushing paper' sure as hell understands the game better then most people and will help keep the coach and player personnel people focused and also provide 21 years of hardcore football experience (which made him a legend in his own time) to making the right decisions. You don't think Dan isn't going to say.....Hey, wait a minute....WTF are you thinking DW?

Yep, everything is still the same though...Dan won't do sh1t and DW still runs the club and RS is still an errand boy.......yeah right.....

Dan is going to essentially voice the opinions of what many of us hold....and then some.

"Imagine if Spielman would've said to the media, "No Dave's picks were obviously stupid, but I couldn't talk his hard-headed azz out of 'em." He would have looked like a clown and that would've brought more problems to the organization."

Yeah but according to some, if he doesn't he is being disingenious...

Can't win against the negative types. Unless you do exactly as they want. And then when things fail?

"Why are they listening to us for!?!"

--Ross

"Now....you have someone who played 17 years for Miami, perhaps the greastest QB of all time, someone who knows football in and outdo out-talk anyone on this board in a debate on football. Someone who's sole job the last 4 years was to analyze football teams, games, the league, and also has 17 years previous experience game-planning, reading defenses, designing offensive schemes and strategies."

Haven't you heard Jbond? Despite all that, Marino is unqualified and too inexperience for the job.

To the more observant fans and media guys anyway...

--Ross

This has to be one of the dumbest articles I've ever read. It's clear that Hyde is just taking shots at Huizenga from behind the comfort and safety of his desk (which is probably stashed in a nasty corner cubicle somewhere.) I'm quickly losing respect for just about ALL of the writers down there in Miami; they all seem like a bunch of idiots.

Ross - LOL.....I personally don't give a d@mn if he has paper-pushing experience. He sure as hell knows football and will help us.....

:)

JBOND....right on the money...

Rick66...mad, clueless and the glass is half full...but still a phinphan!

Nuffsaid!

DB

Opps..."half empty" is what I meant to say.

Then again....my beer is getting half empty..egadds!!!

Go Phins!

Originally posted by Ross
"No, that's not true Ross. It's across the country."

No Rick that's not true.

Yes Ross, it is true and you are sadly incorrect.

Originally posted by Dbergan
JBOND....right on the money...

Rick66...mad, clueless and the glass is half full...but still a phinphan!

Nuffsaid!

No, sorry, not nuff. I am ticked off, so I guess you could say I am mad, but I am far from clueless. You don't want to HEAR what I say, but that's not my problem. Reality is hard to accept for some people.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, sorry, not nuff. I am ticked off, so I guess you could say I am mad, but I am far from clueless. You don't want to HEAR what I say, but that's not my problem. Reality is hard to accept for some people.

Oh come off it, Rick. Just beause you express an opinion, it doesn't become reality by default.

You may very well be right. The new Spielman/Wannstedt relationship may turn out to be more of the same. But just because a good number of us don't think so yet doesn't mean we're living in some fantasy world. It's just too soon to tell.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

Oh come off it, Rick. Just beause you express an opinion, it doesn't become reality by default.

You may very well be right. The new Spielman/Wannstedt relationship may turn out to be more of the same. But just because a good number of us don't think so yet doesn't mean we're living in some fantasy world. It's just too soon to tell.

It's too soon to be 100% certain, but definitely not too soon to make an educated guess based on past history. And sorry, just because you disagree with an opinion doesn't make it invalid.
I don't know what you're looking for here. I am certainly not going to say "Okay, you're right" to Ross, because I don't think he is. He has every right to express his opinion and I have every right to disagree with it. Why get bent out of shape over it?

If you don't think Ross is right, that's one thing. But to say he's not accepting reality is ridiculous, because we don't know yet what that reality is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom