HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HYDE: Ex-Dolphins? Bring ’em on! (Must read!)

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
If you don't think Ross is right, that's one thing. But to say he's not accepting reality is ridiculous, because we don't know yet what that reality is going to be.

I think I have a pretty good idea that one of two things is true: either Marino is a figurehead with no real power or he is not qualified for the job. Either way, the article is correct and Ross is IMHO denying reality.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

I think I have a pretty good idea that one of two things is true: either Marino is a figurehead with no real power or he is not qualified for the job. Either way, the article is correct and Ross is IMHO denying reality.

:french: Fine ... we're all living in a fantasy world. Pardon me while I go play with the pink elephants and Puff the Magic Dragon.

One more thing, though. In my experience, there's never been anything humble about your opinion.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
One more thing, though. In my experience, there's never been anything humble about your opinion.

Well, you know what Golda Mier once said: "Don't be humble. You're not that great." :D

Originally posted by Rick 1966
I think I have a pretty good idea that one of two things is true: either Marino is a figurehead with no real power or he is not qualified for the job...

Well, I'm still waiting to hear someone who is qualified to make that judgement (the Marino is not qualified thang).

You may think that you are qualified to make that assessment. You ain't.

There are other things that are likely true about the Marino job. To say he has no power is silly. He has the listening ear of the boss. Who has more influence with Mr. H than Dan Marino?

His qualifications? 17 years of playing the game is certainly nothing to spit on. A few years of analyzing the league from a behind a tv camera adds an interesting perspective in experience.

His passion for the Miami Dolphins to get to the Superbowl... That alone does nothing. But, couple that with a knowledge about the game and you have a powerful combination.

Is Dan Marino qualified to quarterback the front office? I wouldn't bet against him. He has a tendancy to exceed expectations in his rookie year.

As was already mentioned Hyde is a columnist. Newspapers use different kinds of writing for the purpose of variety. Hyde does not get paid to report facts; he gets paid to write basically whatever he believes will be interesting and (hopefully) controversial. If his columns maintained the status quo, nobody would read them. With all the feedback over that one column, the guy goes home knowing he's done his job. My point? Take his and any other writer's "column" with a grain of salt. We don't even know if it's really his opinion or not.

Originally posted by feelnoway
Take his and any other writer's "column" with a grain of salt. We don't even know if it's really his opinion or not.

Wow. Now that would really be sad.

Back
Top Bottom