Hypothetical: Manning, Flynn and RGIII are not available... what do you do then? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: Manning, Flynn and RGIII are not available... what do you do then?

If none of the above QB's are available, than we trade down and grab the BPA's that will be able to start right away, and then we stick with Moore. Hopefully we can bring in Flynn. I don't think we should continue wasting 2nd round picks on crappy QB's who will never become a franchise QB.....Henne, White, Beck, etc.

I would be willing to bet that during Aaron Rogers 3rd year sitting behind Brett Favre, if he became a free agent and the Dolphins were the top destination possibility based on one of Green Bay's Offensive Coaches coming here as head coach, most Dolphins fans would be screaming their heads off about how horrible of a move that would be....i'm not saying Flynn will be successful or not, but, I do see him having an edge and it being an upgrade over Matt Moore....he knows this offense like the back of his hand and I think the education of the WR's and RB's could be fast-tracked based on his knowledge and info he could give to those guys... In the end, as Dolphins fans we all want the same thing, HOPE, hope that whoever we end up with behind center is FINALLY the man we've been waiting for since #13 retired..

I would personally stick with Moore and draft kellen Moore or case keenum

Weeden, you know that guy that looked just as good as Luck in their bowl. Weeden may be old, but if he gave us only 4-5 great years, with 1 or 2 championships, would anyone really complain.

Alot of ifs , im all for Weeden 3rd round and beyond but we cant afford to throw away picks. I know you dont think Weeden age or not is as good a prospect as Luck over one game lol

If Weeden was 23 you could possibly make the argument that he was a better prospect than RG3, but nobody in the objective universe thinks that Tannehill is anywhere near the player that RG3 is/will be.
Tannehill is bigger, also very athletic and intelligent, and played in a pro style offense (run by our curent OC).

It would awful to have to watch another season of Matt Moore. Yuck!

Go into the season with Moore / Tannehill or Weeden.

I am willing to bet money we have a new quarterback for next year. Ross is in serious mode about getting a quarterback. That's part of the reason why I feel so excited about this offseason. If Ireland and philbin are convinced flynn or manning are the guy, I don't see us being outbid. We just don't know who they like, whether it be RG3, flynn, weeden. Also, now that we have Sherman calling plays, I won't ignore Tannehill as a possibility. Weeden and Tannehill are both good quarterbacks, so don't fret. It's gonna be alright. I have faith in our guys to get it done, and its been a while since I could honestly say that.

The big question is where Tannehill will be drafted. Someone quoted Gil Brandt as saying Tannehill would go in the top 10. If Ponder and Locker went in that area, I see no reason why Tannehill won't.
Therefore, there is an inherent risk in trading down in hopes that Tannehill will last until the middle of the 1st rd.

Tannehill is definitely an intriguing possibility. I could see him ending up in a Dolphins uniform in day one.

The big question is where Tannehill will be drafted. Someone quoted Gil Brandt as saying Tannehill would go in the top 10. If Ponder and Locker went in that area, I see no reason why Tannehill won't.Therefore, there is an inherent risk in trading down in hopes that Tannehill will last until the middle of the 1st rd.
If they think Tannehill is the guy I would hope they wouldn't trade down. If they want weeden however is be down with a trade down

If Sherman has the goods about Tannehill and just didn't see it when he got to Texas A&M but now understands how good he is then take him if we think anyone will take him after we pick. If not take Upshaw with our first, no trade down, get an elite player with the pick. He would instantly make our defense crazy good. Then either trade back into the first to get Tannehill or hope he falls. If not grab Weeden in 2nd. And when I saw trade up I mean our 2nd and maybe a 3rd from next year if we think he is good enough.

If Sherman has the goods about Tannehill and just didn't see it when he got to Texas A&M but now understands how good he is then take him if we think anyone will take him after we pick. If not take Upshaw with our first, no trade down, get an elite player with the pick. He would instantly make our defense crazy good. Then either trade back into the first to get Tannehill or hope he falls. If not grab Weeden in 2nd. And when I saw trade up I mean our 2nd and maybe a 3rd from next year if we think he is good enough.

Got to remember Tannehill played qb and then moved to wr in high school so he is still raw great athlete though

Back
Top Bottom