hypothetical number 1 pick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hypothetical number 1 pick

If the Dolphins get the No. 1 or 2 pick in next year's draft, why wouldn't they trade down a couple of spots, accumulate even more picks? There should be a pretty good QB around even at 5, and they could shore up other positions.

Unless they rate 1 of the QB's head & shoulders above the others, I think that's what we'll see. They now have lots of options & options are good!

Herbert will literally be worst case scenario for this team.

He does nothing well in college. No qualities at all.
Cool. But that is totally the minority opinion. It's silly to think he hasnt succeded in college or he won't succeed in nfl. That's just dumb. He will be a 1st rd selection and will do well in NFL. He is the 2nd best qb in college right now.

Cool. But that is totally the minority opinion. It's silly to think he hasnt succeded in college or he won't succeed in nfl. That's just dumb. He will be a 1st rd selection and will do well in NFL. He is the 2nd best qb in college right now.
He's not anywhere near the 2nd best qb in college.

He's not even the 2nd best draft eligible qb, and more people than not think he's a pretty subpar qb. He's got nothing a top 5 pick needs to be successful.

He's not anywhere near the 2nd best qb in college.

He's not even the 2nd best draft eligible qb, and more people than not think he's a pretty subpar qb. He's got nothing a top 5 pick needs to be successful.
Interesting. I'd like to know your top 5 college qbs and rd. I'll share too :)

Lawrence
Tua
Love
Fromm
Herbert

I agree with phinatic8. Herbert would be a very frustrating pick.
I like your list. So a couple things. Obvi I too put Lawrence 1st too. But he won't be in next year draft. So my list for phin8 can't include him so now he's 4th on the list. Fromm, I'm a huge fan. I'm watching Fromm and Herbert as my #2 best qb. So love. Im super intreged. But I don't put him above Herbert. I'm gonna watch him along with Kelly Bryant. I have them as getting there this year. Another name if hurt. Too many are going to over look him cause he went to the big12.

Hoops that's sec goggles. Alabama never plays a tuff sched. Please don't argue until they stop playing teams like citadel and wcu the 2nd to last game of every season.

Every top school plays a weak ass school here and there, it is a huge boost for that school (big payday) and it allows you to see what other players on your team can do. Bama played Duke week 1, but Tua did not play the 4th at all. Alabama has consistently tried to get teams to play them out of conference and many do not take them up on the offer.

Herbert has freak tools, but he doesn't know how to play the position. That is evident when you see how ****ing awful he is when he has to handle pressure. Maybe it comes, maybe it doesn't...If you draft him you are betting on the athletic ability and being able to coach him up. I don't see him as the 2nd best QB in college...I'll only include draft eligible players, but Tua, Fromm, Eason all looked better. I think Love is going to get serious consideration as well.

I want to see the kid Eason just not against eastern Washington lol

Everything I’ve seen this weekend it’s tua by a landslide in terms of what’s available next year.

Tua

Everyone else

Every top school plays a weak *** school here and there, it is a huge boost for that school (big payday) and it allows you to see what other players on your team can do. Bama played Duke week 1, but Tua did not play the 4th at all. Alabama has consistently tried to get teams to play them out of conference and many do not take them up on the offer.

Herbert has freak tools, but he doesn't know how to play the position. That is evident when you see how ****ing awful he is when he has to handle pressure. Maybe it comes, maybe it doesn't...If you draft him you are betting on the athletic ability and being able to coach him up. I don't see him as the 2nd best QB in college...I'll only include draft eligible players, but Tua, Fromm, Eason all looked better. I think Love is going to get serious consideration as well.
I won't get into the bama debate. I could go on forever :)
But I do like you list. I have tua first. I think we all do. So no back and forth there. Fromm I've like from his 1st game. I say on another post I have him and Herbert battling for 2. Lets go to love. Your the second I've discussed that has him on the list. Kudos. I like him. I put him with Bryant. I think these guys are the best of the second tier thou. I have hurt on my list. I think too many are going to overlook him cause he went to the big 12. Now eason. I've never been more wishy washy on a guy. Lol. One day I luv him the next I leave him...I'm just not sure.

I don’t understand the bama debate. What about tuas game won’t transfer to the next level? If the skill guys weren’t as good as they are would the placement disappear? I say hell no it wouldn’t. He’d still be dropping that ball at a clip spot on no one can touch.

That red zone td where he threw it by the dbs ear as soon as he turned his head that placement is rediculous.

And he does it over and over.

Not to mention he plays the game like a qb more than an athlete.

I don’t understand the bama debate. What about tuas game won’t transfer to the next level? If the skill guys weren’t as good as they are would the placement disappear? I say hell no it wouldn’t. He’d still be dropping that ball at a clip spot on no one can touch.

That red zone td where he threw it by the dbs ear as soon as he turned his head that placement is rediculous.

I don't think there has been a QB coming out that has better ball placement then Tua, it is off the charts.

I'm Tua all day, night, during the sunset, early morning run to Chick Fila to get a 12 count of chickaminis because they are delicious. Tua is easily my number 1...number 2 is going to come down to who really improves during the the season and how they handle all the stuff leading up to the draft. I also would not be shocked if Fromm stayed.

The whole too much talent around him argument is way overused. If we hold it against Tua, you better hold it against Trevor. Clemson has two future first round wide receivers.

Guess we shouldn’t draft either. They play with too much talent. Gotta draft a Vandy QB

I don't think there has been a QB coming out that has better ball placement then Tua, it is off the charts.

I'm Tua all day, night, during the sunset, early morning run to Chick Fila to get a 12 count of chickaminis because they are delicious. Tua is easily my number 1...number 2 is going to come down to who really improves during the the season and how they handle all the stuff leading up to the draft. I also would not be shocked if Fromm stayed.

Problem with Fromm is upside. He’s just an average athlete with an average arm.

That might be a “safe” route but what’s the ceiling.

We are trying to land the #1 overall pick and I just can’t endorse that upside with that level draft asset.

Frankly I didn’t see anything this weekend that sniffed tua and I will be highly disappointed if we don’t get that top pick. If we don’t we won’t get him. I see no way he doesn’t go #1 either in trade or the pick run to the podium. He’s going #1.

Herberts a 4 year starter and he still looks like a guy that hasn’t figured it out. Just a risk I’d rather not take. It’s truly boom or bust. And what’s with how limited that offense ask of the qb with a 4 year starter? Is that offense design limitation or qb one? Or could it be that his top 5 skill players at wr and tight end are out? All I know is we need answers.

Loves delivery looks cleaner to me and he has some good placement too but that’s another average athlete with a solid not special arm it looks more top 15 pick to me than top 5. I see that as a wildcard. It will be either be trumpets sounding about how people say they had it right all along and he’s a stud or it will be crickets chirping. I don’t see much in between.

It’s just one weekend but I’m a little underwhelmed with the crop minus tua.

Last edited:
Problem with Fromm is upside. He’s just an average athlete with an average arm.

That might be a “safe” route but what’s the ceiling.

We are trying to land the #1 overall pick and I just can’t endorse that upside with that level draft asset.

Frankly I didn’t see anything this weekend that sniffed tua and I will be highly disappointed if we don’t get that top pick. If we don’t we won’t get him. I see no way he doesn’t go #1 either in trade or the pick run to the podium. He’s going #1.

Herberts a 4 year starter and he still looks like a guy that hasn’t figured it out. Just a risk I’d rather not take. It’s truly boom or bust.

Loves delivery looks cleaner to me and he has some good placement too but that’s another average athlete with a solid not special arm it looks more top 15 pick to me than top 5. I see that as a wildcard. It will be either be trumpets sounding about how people say they had it right all along and he’s a stud or it will be crickets chirping. I don’t see much in between.

It’s just one weekend but I’m a little underwhelmed with the crop minus tua.

tua’s pocket presence is his most underrated trait. The one play in the Duke game where he had a free rusher. It was a D.B. tua picks him up. Pump faked him to the moon. Slides around him and scrambled for the first. I saw that play and was sold.

Back
Top Bottom