I apologize to these Ricky haters | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I apologize to these Ricky haters

SCall13 said:
Truth is, and you know it, in todays NFL, it has EVERYTHING to do with winning. Integrity is gone, commitment is gone. It all about winning now and that's really all there is to it. Said but true and we all know it. In some ways I don't want him on this team. But I can just remember those great runs and can just imagine he and Ronnie dominating the league. It may be a selfish way to look at it. Well, IT IS a selfish way to look at it. But most of us on this board are selfish in that same way. I'm not selling my dignity. It isn't mine that is on the line. I'm just a fan of the Dolphins who want to see them be successful. ANd on another subject, I think we will do very well.

I agree that in most sports, integrity is gone. However, in my personal life, it's still alive and kicking. I think if you are one that has no problem with Ricky because he can help us, I think it is your dignity also. To paraphrase your statement, "What he did was wrong and but if he helps us win, I'm ok with it." Isn't that somewhat whoring? It's wrong, but if I get a personal advantage, it's ok. Again, it's my personal beliefs that are getting in the way of my accepting him. Whether it's the sports I follow, my business or my family, or the jerk that cuts me off on the interstate, I still have to look at myself in the mirror in the morning. I will support my team and cheer when one of them does well, but it deson't mean I agree that he is part of my team.

I appreciate the debate in a mature manner. Thanks.

Bigbucks24 said:
I agree that in most sports, integrity is gone. However, in my personal life, it's still alive and kicking. I think if you are one that has no problem with Ricky because he can help us, I think it is your dignity also. To paraphrase your statement, "What he did was wrong and but if he helps us win, I'm ok with it." Isn't that somewhat whoring? It's wrong, but if I get a personal advantage, it's ok. Again, it's my personal beliefs that are getting in the way of my accepting him. Whether it's the sports I follow, my business or my family, or the jerk that cuts me off on the interstate, I still have to look at myself in the mirror in the morning. I will support my team and cheer when one of them does well, but it deson't mean I agree that he is part of my team.

I appreciate the debate in a mature manner. Thanks.

I understand how and why you're bringing personal integrity into this. ANd I agree with you. But as a die hard Dolphins fan, it would be very difficult for me to not get excited about what could happen with RW and R. Brown. Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes. I'm sure I'm not finished making mistakes. Thankfully I haven't made any quite as "earth shattering" as Ricky did last year. But if he was having mental problems and needs help and Saban and the Dolphins are offering to help him, then I am all for it. (And that seems to be part of the deal) WIlliams needs help, yet most people seem to prefer he'd crawl in a cardboard box somewhere and die. I think things can turn around for him. He will be surrounded by the right people. That's why I'm willing to see what he can do....not only for the fans and his team- but more importantly, for himself.

xXxpHiN34 said:
Look, I really must apologize to these Ricky haters. :rolleyes:

You guys can all obviously claim to be “Mr. Perfectâ€Â.:rolleyes: All you have obviously never, ever, made one mistake in your entire lives. You guys must all be truly perfect. You guys must have never done anything wrong. Never quit a job, that in your eyes was not going well. You all must never burned bridges with friends, even family and never talk to them again. And of course, you all have never smoked marijuana!

HA! :lol:

BS!!!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH: Everyone one of us is human. Human beings make mistakes! It’s part of life. That’s why there is something called second chances. If there were no such thing as second chances, this world would be waaaay worse than it already is.

LOL, you as I was typing this, one of my friends IM’ed and was asking what I was doing and all that. I said, “Oh nothing, it seems I’m about to get into an argument with these fellow dolphin fans on a message board.â€Â

Her response: “Wow, sounds productive.â€Â

Damn, that hit me like a ton a bricks. So I wont get into all of this crap that you guys are setting up, because, ya know, I’m better than that. I have integrity. Fact is you all have your opinion about Ricky, I have mine. I know I’m not perfect, so I’m willing to forgive and forget. Since you guys are perfect and everything, I can understand yall’s point of view that mistakes cant be tolerated.

Peace out Dol-fans, gotta wake up early in the morning and go to work and be productive!

Hilarious. After 979 posts you just realized that this is not the productive part of your life.:lol: This is called a hobby buddy. Just relax and give your opinion, but a real fan would allow others to have one too. You just shouted your opinion (nice font) and then said "I can't hear you so don't oppose my opinion! I'm going for my nappy!":roflmao:

Anyway, I cannot call myself a Ricky hater because I just do not want him to burn my team. He's a risk, just like Ty LAw would be. I don't want Law because he's too old and likely will not be the same with the foot injury at his age. But that doesn't mean I hate Law or anything. I don't even know him.

Ricky has proven to be a great runner who was the most exciting part of our offense for 2 years and I enjoyed it. He is not the only thing that contributed to the 4-12 season, almost everything went wrong. I just think he is not reliable as far as knowing what he will do from week to week. He may sit out if his heart's not in things, or just leave again. If he wants to play he's great. But maybe he just wants some $. Maybe he will not be a great runner again (how will he get 30 plus pounds back by summer?)

He just has too many question marks for me so I honestly wish him the best in football and life, but on another team. (hopefully he doesn't rack up yards against the fins!). Let someone else have the risk.

Of course, now that we have Brown I see RW as more of a distraction than a risk. But neither of those 2 things are good for the team. I'd love to be wrong, but I see more of a chance for a sad ending than a happy one for RW and the fins, so just let him go for whatever another team will give us.

If my opinion upsets you don't hate me (that seems to be the way you think). Just take another nappy and you'll feel better.:roflmao:

dolphan north said:
Hilarious. After 979 posts you just realized that this is not the productive part of your life.:lol: This is called a hobby buddy. Just relax and give your opinion, but a real fan would allow others to have one too. You just shouted your opinion (nice font) and then said "I can't hear you so don't oppose my opinion! I'm going for my nappy!"

Dammit. I just spit Diet Mt. Dew all over my keyboard. I hope you're happy.:fire:

SCall13 said:
I'mnot going to call you a liar. But it will be hard to imagine A DOLPHINS fan NOT cheering if RW cranks off a 55 yard, game winning TD against the Jests.

what part of not for him did you miss.

Agua said:
Whatever. Your rationalizations are not convincing anyone on this side of the fence and it doesn't matter because Saban is going to take @$$hole back anyway. Like I said, I'm dealing with it because I've got no choice. Don't make it worse by trying to convince the rest of us there's some reason he DESERVES anything, because he doesn't.

Don't worry about it Aqua. With Ronnie Brown in the fold, The whole dependence on RW is to a lesser degree, so if he does quit, it will not hurt as bad. Really, he's less of a factor now.

SCall13 said:
I understand how and why you're bringing personal integrity into this. ANd I agree with you. But as a die hard Dolphins fan, it would be very difficult for me to not get excited about what could happen with RW and R. Brown. Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes. I'm sure I'm not finished making mistakes. Thankfully I haven't made any quite as "earth shattering" as Ricky did last year. But if he was having mental problems and needs help and Saban and the Dolphins are offering to help him, then I am all for it. (And that seems to be part of the deal) WIlliams needs help, yet most people seem to prefer he'd crawl in a cardboard box somewhere and die. I think things can turn around for him. He will be surrounded by the right people. That's why I'm willing to see what he can do....not only for the fans and his team- but more importantly, for himself.

I think our opinions are a lot closer than they are apart. But it still begs to question, If you are truly concerned about Ricky the person, would you still support him if he wanted to break his contract so he could play for the Pats? Would you be all for releasing him so he could seek better help? Are you a humanitarian or a fan?

Bigbucks24 said:
I think our opinions are a lot closer than they are apart. But it still begs to question, If you are truly concerned about Ricky the person, would you still support him if he wanted to break his contract so he could play for the Pats? Would you be all for releasing him so he could seek better help? Are you a humanitarian or a fan?

Definately ironic.

SCall13 said:
The hidden part that says --I'm full of sh**--- :D

dude, whats up with you ? liar, full of $hit, you are not debating, you are insulting and derisive. If you are to stupid to understand three words then leave them alone... and me with them.

Back
Top Bottom