''I don't believe in throwing the ball. We have to run the ball to win.'' | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

''I don't believe in throwing the ball. We have to run the ball to win.''

FinsOnTop said:
C'mon we all know Wanny's a big coward when it comes to throwing. I don't care what he says, his actions show you he doesn't want his OC putting it up. His philosphy would work great, IF IT WERE THE YEAR 1940!!!

Dude, pick up a damn newspaper once in a while. That philosophy got the Panthers to the SB LAST YEAR.

Could you be any less informed?

Trekbiz said:
Believe it or not, that's not my concern.

I could go all out trying to find a link to a story that's over a year old but I'm just no going to put that much effort into this.
I do remember him saying it though.
He did'nt say our passing game would be the best but he did say it would be one of the best in the league.
He was under a lot of pressure from the media as well as rumored rumblings from players and coaches about the offensive philosophy we were using.
Justa wasn't pulling that out of his arse.
Just more of Wanny's BS.

Riiightttt.....

You could go 'all out'??? Like to google.com?

CharlestonPhan said:
there is grind it out, smash mouth football, which i believe Dave wants to play. that is all well and good. i love to see a team i am pulling for be able to stuff it down their opponents throats. it is fun to watch. but on the other hand, an effective passing game opens up the run as well. and this years version of the Miami Dolphins is not a smash mouth, grind it out, three yards and a cloud of dust type team. the O line and RB situations are a work in progress. Dave's inability to see this, or the stubborn denial he is in proves he is truly inept.

They threw the ball 44 times in the first game.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Dude, pick up a damn newspaper once in a while. That philosophy got the Panthers to the SB LAST YEAR.

Could you be any less informed?

Dude you are sick. Jake threw more then a few TDs and lost the SB because they got robbed by the Pats DBs mugging them with no penalties. They didn't get to the SB based solely on Davis. Come on now. Show me some stats before making such claims.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
They threw the ball 44 times in the first game.

For the last time, because we were losing, behind, having to play catch up. We had no choice but to run, plus our RB was coming off 3 days with the team.

As a result of those throws, Dave said he'll never do it again. Thus our debate about his never going to throw again philosophy starting AFTER last week.

Oh, and Dave did mention that about or passing attack, it was after we got Boston during a press conference. He talked about all the weapons he had on offense.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Riiightttt.....

:rolleyes: Whatever man.
Your right this is some grand conspiracy Justa and I planned.
Dope

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Riiightttt.....

You find a search engine that will pull up every single past press conference and I'll find it for you. I gave it 5 minutes and have found no such archive.
That's all I'm willing to put into this rediculous endeavor.
Search away.

bigmiamifan said:
Dude you are sick. Jake threw more then a few TDs and lost the SB because they got robbed by the Pats DBs mugging them with no penalties. They didn't get to the SB based solely on Davis. Come on now. Show me some stats before making such claims.

Carolina was 29th in passing attempts last year and 3rd in rushing attempts. Miami was 30th in passing attempts and 8th in rushing attempts.

How do you like those stats? They rushed more often than the Dolphins did. They attempted 11 more passes than the Dolphins....

next!

bigmiamifan said:
For the last time, because we were losing, behind, having to play catch up. We had no choice but to run, plus our RB was coming off 3 days with the team.

As a result of those throws, Dave said he'll never do it again. Thus our debate about his never going to throw again philosophy starting AFTER last week.

Oh, and Dave did mention that about or passing attack, it was after we got Boston during a press conference. He talked about all the weapons he had on offense.

When the game was still 7-0, 12 out of 22 plays with Feeley at QB were passes. More than 50%.

Dave really said he will never throw again????? Really???? Come on. Do you just make this stuff up?

Trekbiz said:
:rolleyes: Whatever man.
Your right this is some grand conspiracy Justa and I planned.
Dope

Two people being misinformed does not make a conspiracy. If that were true, the entire Bills fan base would be involved in the world's largest conspiracy every year because they believe that they have a chance.

Trekbiz said:
You find a search engine that will pull up every single past press conference and I'll find it for you. I gave it 5 minutes and have found no such archive.
That's all I'm willing to put into this rediculous endeavor.
Search away.

I had no trouble finding the quote about leading the league in RUSHING, along with the direct quote about NOT being a great passing offense.

Yet no linky for the great passing offense.... Hmmmm, I wonder why. Google hasn't indexed the shared delusions of you and Justa, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom