I Don’t Consider That A Win! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don’t Consider That A Win!

I will take it. Closer at the end than it shouldd have been... can't have teams driving nearly 90 yards with less than 3 minutes on the clock. Sure there are areas to work on, but at this point I'll take what I get.

Terrible victory. Tanenhill should be done in Miami. Threw multiple balls in to double coverage and got bailed out on the silly Gesiciki PI call and the Stills TD that should have been an INT.

Must have watched a different game....I though RT played well for the most part. The throw to Stills was good....the one that was an INT wasn't.

Now the play calling....that was atrocious.

A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN. Look at the other games this week, not easy to beat another team in the NFL

I think people forget this because we see KC and LA Rams will almost every week. Also, being in the same division as the patriots. Winning NFL games is really tough. Luckily the NFL considers it a win, that’s all that matters.

Bills left like 3 wide open TDs on the field. I’ll take the win. If nothing else to shut Jordan Fatlips ass up

Tannehill was not the reason for the win and he got outplayed by a rookie today. He threw a number of just god awful passes. He made a number of terrible decisions throwing into double coverage. The defense was mostly disappointing all day the way the QB was made to look like Steve Young against our D that forgot how to tackle, wrap up and get a guy to the ground. We let them out of the hole over and over and because we could generate nothing on offense in critical situations we let them hang around until we were finally losing. Then Gase pulls out his magic plays and we get a score but of course, the D has to give us a heart attack right up until the final gun.

When you look at the overall rankings of Miami's run attack, passing game, defense agains the run and defense against the pass it's actually head scratching that this is a 6-6 team. When you toss in the injuries and some of the coaching struggles, being .500 at this point is a amazing.

Last edited:
Doesn’t feel like a win but on reflection I don’t think we deserved to lose. Tough division game and we grounded out the W. Needed this for sure, and another home game coming up next against the Pats where we will be underdogs but have a good record against them.
Let’s chalk it up as a dirty, lucky, win. Sure we aren’t playing lights out, but Drake and X balled today, and we are playing meaningful ball in December. Remember that the off season is quick to arrive and a long time staying.
Fins up.

The only good thing that came out of this - We got Jordan "Inconsistent" Phillips to shut the hell up...

Tannehill was not the reason for the win and he got outplayed by a rookie today. He threw a number of just god awful passes. He made a number of terrible decisions throwing into double coverage. The defense was mostly disappointing all day the way the QB was made to look like Steve Young against our D that forgot how to tackle, wrap up and get a guy to the ground. We let them out of the hole over and over and because we could generate nothing on offense in critical situations we let them hang around until we were finally losing. Then Gase pulls out his magic plays and we get a score but of course, the D has to give us a heart attack right up until the final gun.

I won't say Tannehill had a great game, but he made some plays and led a td drive to respond to the Bills taking the lead. If you had to choose between giving credit for the win to Tannehill, the running game, the defense or the play calling I would say Tannehill is the best option.

When you look at the overall rankings of Miami's run attack, passing game, defense agains the run and defense against the pass it's actually head scratching that this is a 6-6 team. When you toss in the injuries and some of the coaching struggles being .500 at this point is a amazing.
Yeah, that's the puzzling thing. A team putting up our numbers has no business being 6-6. So we can complain about Gase managing games (I know I have), but the real issue is probably more about his preparing the team. He has won more close games in Miami than he's lost.....but we've had too many games that we simply were never in.

Back
Top Bottom