“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show

I'm sure you can dig through their data to find out.

Well with all those resources, I don't see a very good break down of where those percentages come from, so...
He was off/late on several throws last year…had a hitch that killed a lot of potential plays.

LAST year…you know, when he wasn’t anywhere close to the physical shape he was in pre-injury (and much closer to now).

Anybody who has watched him close this pre/off-season can clearly see a nearly completely different athlete and QB. He just needs to continue that into the season and keep improving physically and mentally. The difference is already night and day.

He still has a slight hitch here and there, but that will clean up with time/experience.

They've done the bare minimum to be "clear" without being that emphatic about it.
I guess I don't find it particularly necessary to repeat the same thing over and over just because the media is loud and obnoxious. And I think the people that think there were something to those rumors are going to think that regardless of how emphatic the team is/was about it, therefor it would be wasted effort in my opinion.

I don't know what to say to those that can't see Tua is already twice the player he was at Alabama.

I wouldn't say twice the player but he is the player he was at Alabama. Where is this coming from that he had a bad year last year??? I understand everyone saying he needs to improve but he was dealt a bad had with Gaily's handcuffs and bias toward Fitz and no receiver that could get separation. Quoting the efficiency rating posted by Trog below, matches what I saw last year. That is A very accurate QB with a release as quick as Marino the way ball came out of his hand. Unfortunately there was way too much underneath stuff because that was all Gailey gave him.

"I have gone some way towards establishing the link between an accurate quarterback and an efficient supporting cast. With this in mind, we should have high hopes for Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua TagovailoaP in 2021. He posted a 7.9 Accuracy Rating a year ago, the same as Aaron RodgersP and Teddy BridgewaterP. He also delivered a Catchable Pass Rate of 80.3-percent in 2020. Only Rodgers and Drew BreesP were better. Yet he managed a dismal 13.8 (No. 28) Fantasy Points per Game. Can we attach some blame to the players around him? With a -7.17 (No. 26) Supporting Cast Efficiency rating, you bet we can."

There would probably be less Tua doubt if the organization were more emphatic about putting the Deshaun Watson rumors to bed. Like, I think even before the legal issues I think Watson is overrated because he creates too many sacks by holding onto the ball and running in circles in the pocket trying to make a big play, but I understood why the Dolphins would have at least discussed a few things in the offseason. But once camp came around and Tua took command, its time to put that crap to bed. The latest rumors probably more than anything were floated by the Texans themselves in a last ditch bid to get a good trade offer from someone, but the Dolphins could have done more than they did in response. This is where that Patriot's style always keeping things close to the vest and not saying too much thing works against us.
They have been clear.

Coached to win? As opposed to all the coaches that coach to lose? Perplexing statement.

That said, not a one of us has an idea on what Tua will be. The "haters" are not actually that. I'm sure they all would love to be wrong in what they saw. More about perspective. I rewatched all of tuas starts, minus that last bills game. When rewatching what I saw was a very hesitant QB. His accuracy was not consistent at times, IE...leading receiver to the ground with passes. I also saw alot of balls that should or could have been picked. I also saw some pretty well placed balls. Hopefully we see some consistency this season. He does have many more targets so that should help. I'd like to see Tua improve his pocket presence, which is scary with the current Oline. What I saw positive from Tua came more in the off season. He did not like his season and immediately went to work to improve. He is an intelligent QB, and that along with more experience will improve his game. Tua isn't the most athletic of quarterbacks and in my opinion, he doesn't have but average arm strength. My prediction for Tua's career is a middle of the road QB at best. Worse case, he is a career clipboard holder. I know I know, Josh Allen stunk his first year. Tua is not JA. Doesn't have the build, speed, or arm. It's not a smart comparison. I also have concerns over Tua's health or better stated remaining healthy behind the oline that has some concerns. He has some injury history.

I have some concerns for the team as a whole as well. We beat one team with a better than 500 record, that was the Rams and that was far from a conventional victory. On the flip side, we beat those teams later in the season that they should have, except for the Broncos, where we laid an egg. Our D creates turnovers and is a very good defense. The run D was a concern, but I feel we made moves to improve by bringing in better (possibly/hopefully)players. We have a great secondary, but like probably every other team, could use depths. Iggy was a poor draft pick for a 1st rounder and I Dont see him lasting in the NFL. If X or Jones are injured, we may have a long stretch, which ofcourse applies for any team with key players at key positions.

We still have numerous vital holes and questions at several spots on this team.

While a life long dolphins fan, I am not thinking playoffs this season. As mentioned, the concerns at oline, run D, rb and qb are glaring to me. I'm not the glass half full or half empty type, more of 4 ounces of water in an 8 ounce glass type. I can see us being competitive in most every game and perhaps sneak up on an opponent or 2. The afc is stacked. My prediction for wins is from 7 to 9 for the season. Either way, I'll be watching, cheering, cussing and screaming at my tv for the Fins for the next 17 of 18 weeks.

86712B1B-D924-4BDB-A3E3-EC6230FB67B0.jpeg

Fins were 27th in the league in 3rd down effeciency... They were 2nd on 4th % but thats on 8 total plays, not sure how this is an argument for/against a OC... I mean its nice and all but pretty marginal... Fins were 17th in TOP so not sure what argument you're trying to make.

Fins were 15th in PPG but its kind of a low hanging fruit when your team was top 5 in takeaways...

I mean sure he had to deal with a ****ty roster but lets not act like he killed it out there... I'd say the last 4-5 games he was predictable as **** and every other passing play was a scripted play with no reads involved.

Either way, are you sure the Fins never finished better than 27th in 3rd%, 17th in TOP and 15th in PPG in the last 20 years? Not that it matters because really, there no point in comparing these things to previous regimes who also failed...
Not the rankings. The %ages and PPG were higher than the last 20 offenses. I believe we converted over 40% on 3rd + 4th down for the first time in forever which was nice.

Last edited:
Not the rankings. The %ages and PPG were higher than the last 20 offenses. I believe we converted over 40% on 3rd + 4th down for the first time in forever which was nice.
Fins on 3rd were at 38.6% on 78 attempts, which was good for 27th in the league... They were extremely good(2nd) on 4th down with a 80% convertion rate on 8 attempts. Now Fins have never been all that great in the last 20 years at converting 3rd downs, although they finished 2nd in that cat in 2009, my point isnt that Gailey didnt do what only 3 Fins teams could do in the last 20 years. My point is it doesnt mean he was any good at it.

Back
Top Bottom