“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show

Do you have any statistics/data to back up he has elite accuracy? It seems to be one of those things that gets said a lot with no real underlying data.
"I have gone some way towards establishing the link between an accurate quarterback and an efficient supporting cast. With this in mind, we should have high hopes for Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua TagovailoaP in 2021. He posted a 7.9 Accuracy Rating a year ago, the same as Aaron RodgersP and Teddy BridgewaterP. He also delivered a Catchable Pass Rate of 80.3-percent in 2020. Only Rodgers and Drew BreesP were better. Yet he managed a dismal 13.8 (No. 28) Fantasy Points per Game. Can we attach some blame to the players around him? With a -7.17 (No. 26) Supporting Cast Efficiency rating, you bet we can."

Once again, it’s a small sample size (only one season). It’s just as likely to be an anomaly then a trend. Why don’t you go back and look at how Chan Gailey’s offenses faired over all the years he coached. That’s a better barometer of the quality of coach he has been. I think you’ll find he has been a mediocre coach at best.
One season an anomaly? What about the 19 seasons prior. And Gailey’s offenses have always done well - look it up and come back if you see differently. As an OC he always had high ranking offenses. As a HC not so much.

Using the logic of the anomaly, we should have kept Cam Cameron since 1-15 could have just as easily been 15-1 I guess if Ronnie Brown and Trent Green didn’t get hurt.

Seriously, to have the kind of offensive output we had - w a rookie w no camp, a lousy veteran QB, a rookie o-line, depleted WRs and RBs that wouldn’t have started on any other team was all about coaching - minimizing weaknesses (and there were many) and exploiting what we could. We were a patient offense that produced long drives like we hadn’t been able to do in 20 years. That’s the experience of a guy calling the plays who gets it. What do you think would have happened if a Gase or some other “young guru” called the plays? I doubt very much they would have adapted to our realities and instead, tried forcing things to the tune of more turnovers and losses (opinion).

When Wildeyes was hired, he was my 3rd choice.

Interestingly, Mike S was my 1st choice. He IMO would have done good things w/ RT17 & Ajayi.

p.s. Todd Bowles was my 2nd choice at the time FWIW
Watching DAL @ TB last night, it felt like decades ago since Bowles was here. It seems he's been all over the NFL since then. A very highly regarded man but the life of NFL assistants is one of constant relocation, many times regardless of job performance.

I was never a Gase fan. One of the Dolphin's organization commented to a reporter prior to the introductory presser that he was "a young Bill Belichick". I've been around too many execs wanting to claim greatness in their "solution" before any work has occurred. I knew immediately we were only trying to copy the Patriots and was satisfied nothing more needed to be done after his hiring. A very clear indicator to me we were headed for disaster.

Never compare anyone to someone else's greatness in a truthful evaluation. It shows a complete lack of ability to make an honest assessment. It's ok as fans or general conversation to make such boasts, but when it is your responsibility to make an actual assessment, it should be made on real merit and defined criteria. Comparing someone to greatness simply shows the lack of desire to do your diligence as a decision maker.

If you took Gase's time with Peyton Manning away from his track record, he had decent successes but many times other factors were in play. He never truly had sustained success. There seem to be a lot of reaching to make him greater than actuality.

I also admit not really caring who we hired as HC when we tabbed Flores. I knew it was going to take a football mind with real connections to find our HC. I didn't want to fall into the "hot young talent" discussions and I didn't want a retread. I knew there most likely was someone well established in the league who was right for the job, but may not be the heralded pick by the analysts.

I do admit being a firm Grier believer even before Flores. Grier seemed to have all of the requisite background check marks and pedigree of being around great individuals at different points in his career. I felt Grier was bearing some unnecessary blame and guilt by association of the Gase and Philbin years. I thought he just needed an honest chance to run an organization. And I was glad we sifted through the heap of bad individuals we had and identified him as a genuine executive. Even the best GMs are .500 with their drafting success. Grier has a great drafting record and even when he misses, he finds an undrafted gem to redeem himself. For every Iggy, there is a Needham.

I have no doubt we are in the right hands. But you can't just go to McDs and order a QB, RB, DE, CB or OT. You have to pick from what is available.

That said, I fear if we don't find the right QB at this juncture (Tua or whomever) that we could be looking at several years of wasted talent acquisitions just to build a playoff team that is waiting for the right QB. I think of KC and the Marty Schottenheimer years. He was a consistent 10-11+ win season HC (even some 13 wins), but never won a playoff game in 10 years.

It shows to the genius of Andy Reid seeing Mahommes, even when he had a safe QB in Smith, and making the draft pick sacrifices to go get him.

We have to get QB right this time. While I hate the reality, even if it means trading Tua for DW.... we've got to do what we must to get back into the elite club of the NFL. We've wasted too much time pretending we know what we are doing. With the right QB, Flores and Grier can make us into the next Dolphins dynasty.

One season an anomaly? What about the 19 seasons prior. And Gailey’s offenses have always done well - look it up and come back if you see differently. As an OC he always had high ranking offenses. As a HC not so much.

Using the logic of the anomaly, we should have kept Cam Cameron since 1-15 could have just as easily been 15-1 I guess if Ronnie Brown and Trent Green didn’t get hurt.

Seriously, to have the kind of offensive output we had - w a rookie w no camp, a lousy veteran QB, a rookie o-line, depleted WRs and RBs that wouldn’t have started on any other team was all about coaching - minimizing weaknesses (and there were many) and exploiting what we could. We were a patient offense that produced long drives like we hadn’t been able to do in 20 years. That’s the experience of a guy calling the plays who gets it. What do you think would have happened if a Gase or some other “young guru” called the plays? I doubt very much they would have adapted to our realities and instead, tried forcing things to the tune of more turnovers and losses (opinion).

To be fair to Gase, he said himself he called great plays. They failed due to 'poor execution.' And we know he was a guru, right? RIGHT??

So you're given direct evidence and choose to ignore it. If you're not willing to have this conversation, why continue to repeat your opinion if you're not willing to discuss it?
what do u want talk about. the answer to both of our question will be at end of year..

That’s pure opinion. It hadn’t happened in the 20 years prior since the last time he was the OC. And that veteran QB was also the QB the year prior. Finally, Tua started 9 of those games. You can have your opinions as I said. But the facts are the facts.

Fact is Chan is gone because he refused his assignment Tua

So do you see elite skills in that video or no?
So you're given direct evidence and choose to ignore it. If you're not willing to have this conversation, why continue to repeat your opinion if you're not willing to discuss it?
so when does season start? sunday. let me be judge. after 17 game hit me back??? last year over. 10 and 6 was good yr for team. this new yr..

Gailey's offenses on average are absolutely ****.

Never led a top offense for multiple years and his passing offenses over the life of his career are terrible. He had some running game success in Pitt back in the late 90s.

Terrible resume for a 30 year vet.

Umm Sorry for chiming in … Umm that is what he does

“Tua play better get replaced Watson”
Don't be sorry, that's what we're all here for.

But yes, I don't understand copying/pasting the same comment over and over then refusing to discuss it.

Back
Top Bottom