“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show

He is on RECORD stating his disdain of what Flo did to him during the season -

If he was on board with Tua then he would be on board now and still be here
Ok then. Where is the data that suggests the 20 year spike in productivity was a mirage? He managed Tua to a 6-3 record by the way.

Ok then. Where is the data that suggests the 20 year spike in productivity was a mirage? He managed Tua to a 6-3 record by the way.

I know you love the spike in yards - there was a spike in Offense/yards across the league 2020 you failed to mention that - do you want a reward a banner for discovering something about MIA?

Quoted from the NY Post

Even offensive coordinator Chan Gailey – who had previously worked alongside Fitzpatrick in Buffalo – was surprised by the call.

“I was in total shock,” Gailey, who was let go this offseason, said. “We didn’t even have a preseason. It was a totally new offense [for Tagovailoa]. We were just starting to hit our stride. We’d won two in a row and scored a bunch of points and moved the ball well. It came as a shock to me.”

So wecan agree it was amicable doesn’t matter - history tells us Tua can be coached - he couldn’t or wouldn’t coach up a very coachable player - Gonzo

I think my big thing with all of this prove it stuff is that people seem to keep kicking the can down the road; which in my opinion is a sign of a forced narrative or prejudice toward the player.

I promise you if the Dolphins make the playoffs and get to say the divisional game, lose a tough one Tua’s narrative will be…well he has to keep doing it year after year.

Yet guys like Herbert and Burrow seem to play well in a handful of games and get tagged as the answer regardless of what happens moving forward.

I keep hearing this guy is bigger this guy is a better athlete etc etc. it’s like all of these characteristics that have to have the box checked. And if not doubt is forever thrown around the player. But hey if he is 6’5 with a big arm I mean just get him a proper set up and watch out who cares if he never wins games I’m telling you get him in the right system and watch out.

It just so odd, media use to feel like making an adjustment or saying they were wrong was normal, now nobody wants to be wrong and will kick a can down the road until they are forced to admit they were wrong or get that one moment to say …..SEEEEEE I TOLD YOU SO

I know you love the spike in yards - there was a spike in Offense/yards across the league 2020 you failed to mention that - do you want a reward a banner for discovering something about MIA?

Quoted from the NY Post

Even offensive coordinator Chan Gailey – who had previously worked alongside Fitzpatrick in Buffalo – was surprised by the call.

“I was in total shock,” Gailey, who was let go this offseason, said. “We didn’t even have a preseason. It was a totally new offense [for Tagovailoa]. We were just starting to hit our stride. We’d won two in a row and scored a bunch of points and moved the ball well. It came as a shock to me.”

So wecan agree it was amicable doesn’t matter - history tells us Tua can be coached - he couldn’t or wouldn’t coach up a very coachable player - Gonzo
I never said ANYTHING about yards. I said we had > TOP and 3rd/4th down conversion % at their highest rates in 20 years. Plus, PPG. Yards don’t mean that much. Conversion %ages and TOP do. Find something that says our TOP was inflated and our ability to sustain drives was inflated because it was inflated across the league. I’ll save you the trouble. That’s mathematically impossible.

Ok even if true, how do you account for the 3rd and 4th down stats, TOP etc? In 20 years w so many offensive genius coaches and coordinators - and more experienced or better QBs even - we didn’t come anywhere near these numbers.
It’s a product of having a a veteran QB, a opportunistic defense, and a small sample size. It isn’t because Gailey is some kind of offensive wizard.

It’s a product of having a a veteran QB, a opportunistic defense, and a small sample size. It isn’t because Gailey is some kind of offensive wizard.
That’s pure opinion. It hadn’t happened in the 20 years prior since the last time he was the OC. And that veteran QB was also the QB the year prior. Finally, Tua started 9 of those games. You can have your opinions as I said. But the facts are the facts.

IMO anybody that can't see that Tua has elite accuracy and an elite release is a poor evaluator. Playing QB is primarily about getting the ball out quickly and accurately to the right guy. Tua can clearly get the ball out quickly and accurately. Unless somebody doubts he can learn to make the reads at a very level there is no reason to doubt him. (And BTW Tua's reads are actually already pretty good for a rookie before you even consider the lack of a preseason and practice while he was rehabbing).

And if that same person was also unable to see that Tannehill had the skills to be a top 10 QB then they are a really poor evaluator.
Do you have any statistics/data to back up he has elite accuracy? It seems to be one of those things that gets said a lot with no real underlying data.

That’s pure opinion. It hadn’t happened in the 20 years prior since the last time he was the OC. And that veteran QB was also the QB the year prior. Finally, Tua started 9 of those games. You can have your opinions as I said. But the facts are the facts.
Once again, it’s a small sample size (only one season). It’s just as likely to be an anomaly then a trend. Why don’t you go back and look at how Chan Gailey’s offenses faired over all the years he coached. That’s a better barometer of the quality of coach he has been. I think you’ll find he has been a mediocre coach at best.

I thought chan did good job last yr..we was 10 and 6
So do you see elite skills in that video or no?
When I feel comfortable w Tua as qb..you will be first too know. I was comfortable w Tua in college not in pros yet..maybe we can re do this conversation at end of yr..you either going say u was right or he need more wk.

So funny how Tua goes from the best QB prospect since Luck to chopped liver and Herbert goes from "high risk bust, can't win big games" to Top 10 elite all after one weird covid season lol
expectations is higher for Tua in year 2....thier is lots good qb in NFL....I dont compare Tua to herbert..I compare Tua to mohomes and rest of good QB in nfl...

I thought chan did good job last yr..we was 10 and 6

When I feel comfortable w Tua as qb..you will be first too know. I was comfortable w Tua in college not in pros yet..maybe we can re do this conversation at end of yr..you either going say u was right or he need more wk.
So you're given direct evidence and choose to ignore it. If you're not willing to have this conversation, why continue to repeat your opinion if you're not willing to discuss it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom