“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“I Don’t Get the Tua Doubt” – Rich Eisen Predicts a Bright Future for Dolphins’ QB | Rich Eisen Show

At some point as a Dolphin fan you will accept Tua as our QB.

Herbert ain't coming here anytime soon.

You argue everything Tua.
I sincerely was curious what you saw Tua do that Mac Jones didn’t?

If you don’t have an answer I get it…..

Supporting Tua shouldn’t mean demeaning other young QB’s.

not just the talent, they asked Tua to play not to lose. all due respect to Hebert but he was in a few ****tail hour scenarios(prevent defenses, games out of hand) i'm sure
MEH,

Any non biased evaluation of Tua has nothing to do with Herbert. The instant someone brings him into the discussion, their credibility is highly suspect.

Different teams, different situations.

I saw an NFL ready qb that had everything teams look for.

He can read a defense, make the throws short or long, move in the pocket and run a pro offense.

Have zero doubt he will silence critics like you this year.

Get on board it will be fun.

Most of the national media has nothing but disrespect for the Dolphins, even after Flo and Grier took over. I couldn't hate them any more than I do.

I agree w a lot of this except the “hamstrung” part. Chan Galiey ran the most productive offense in terms of sustained drives (TOP), 3rd and 4th down conversions and PPG we’ve had in 20 seasons (when ironically he was the OC). He managed a rookie QB who had crap protection on a mess of an o-line, depleted WRs and RBs purchased from the dollar store to a 6-3 record. He was the best thing for the rookie who also had no real training camp - kept him safe and had him play mistake free ball. Didn’t play a brand of offense that we weren’t suited for - like throwing it 45 times a game. I expect Tua to take a jump this year as he’s a full year in now and should have command of the offense.
Gailey didn't have a clue.

This fan base judged Ryan Tannehill to be a fairly pedestrian QB. I've gotta go with my heart on this one and say that we are some of the worst at recognizing productive talent. Tannehill was productive. He had attributes most QBs in the league don't have, which made him a top ten QB, but we didn't recognize it even with it on the field. Now, we have Tua who has got a lot of positive attributes, as you mentioned, and he demonstrates some qualities we didn't see in Tannehill (ie. an eye for the end zone) but it also comes with a cost that Tua is not going to be as physically strong as Ryan was (ie. The Tannenator).

We've got to build the offense that Tua can command. For years, Ryan Tannehill was hamstrung by coaches and coordinators who seemingly just didn't get it. Last year was another case of a coordinator handing a rookie QB a simplified playbook that NFL defenses are not going to be waylayed by.

Take it for what it's worth, but you don't need a top 5 QB to make it to the Superbowl. You might need a top 5 something, be it defense or offense, but a top 5 position player is not one of them.
Tannehill was not a top 10 QB while with the Dolphins. That could have been because of coaching or just the overall talent around him on offense. Yet it doesn’t change the fact he was never nearly as productive in Miami as he has been with the Titans. When he finally left the Dolphins it was the best thing for him and the Dolphins. He got a chance to go to a team with better coaching and an offense with a solid OL, the best RB in the league and good receivers at WR and TE. Once he had the talent around him he was able to show he is a quality NFL QB.

The Dolphins decided when Flores came in to go into a complete rebuild with younger players and bringing in a young QB who they could build around for the future was the best thing for the Dolphin organization.

The major issue I have with the the fan base is at least Tannehill was given time in Miami before many posters were ready to move on from him. He was constantly allowed to have the excuse that the coaching was bad, the OL was terrible, the WR’s were below average and they weren’t able to run the ball.

Tua on the other hand came in as a rookie coming off major surgery. The OL was below average, there was basically little running room for the RB’s in most of the games he was the QB and over the last month of the season he was playing with WR’s who were at the bottom off the depth chart or on the practice squad when the season began.

Tannehill was in Miami for 7 years and received the benefit of the doubt for most of those years from the vast majority of the fans who tended to blame the coaches and the players around Tannehill more than they blamed him. Yet Tua seems to get a lot of the blame for the offense last year and he only played in nine games with players who weren’t as talented as many of the teams Tannehill played with in Miami.

While I totally support Tua and believe he will be an excellent NFL QB. I will have no problem calling for the Dolphins to draft a new QB in 2023 if Tua hasn’t developed into a solid QB by the time he has played 3 years in the league. It is totally absurd that some people want to give up on him after only 9 games. Especially when some of those people were fine with giving Tannehill 7 years in Miami to prove he was a good QB in the NFL. Yet he had to go to Tennessee to finally prove it.

Last edited:

You are right, Tua and Jones were both outstanding QB’s in college and they will both be outstanding QB’s in the NFL.

Tannehill was not a top 10 QB while with the Dolphins. That could have been because of coaching or just the overall talent around him on offense. Yet it doesn’t change the fact he was never nearly as productive in Miami as he has been with the Titans. When he finally left the Dolphins it was the best thing for him and the Dolphins. He got a chance to go to a team with better coaching and an offense with a solid OL, the best RB in the league and good receivers at WR and TE. Once he had the talent around him he was able to show he is a quality NFL QB.

The Dolphins decided when Flores came in to go into a complete rebuild with younger players and bringing in a young QB who they could build around for the future was the best thing for the Dolphin organization.

The major issue I have with the the fan base is at least Tannehill was given time in Miami before many posters were ready to move on from him. He was constantly allowed to have the excuse that the coaching was bad, the OL was terrible, the WR’s were below average and they weren’t able to run the ball.

Tua on the other hand came in as a rookie coming off major surgery. The OL was below average, there was basically little running room for the RB’s in most of the games he was the QB and over the last month of the season he was playing with WR’s who were at the bottom off the depth chart or on the practice squad when the season began.

Tannehill was in Miami for 7 years and received the benefit of the doubt for most of those years from the vast majority of the fans who tended to blame the coaches and the players around Tannehill more than they blamed him. Yet Tua seems to get a lot of the blame for the offense last year and he only played in nine games with players who weren’t as talented as many of the teams Tannehill played with in Miami.

While I totally support Tua and believe he will be an excellent NFL QB. I will have no problem all calling for the Dolphins to draft a new QB in 2023 if Tua hasn’t developed into a solid QB by the time he has played 3 years in the league. Yet it is totally absurd that some people want to give up on him after only 9 games. Especially when some of those people were fine with giving Tannehill 7 years in Miami to prove he was a good QB in the NFL. Yet he had to go to Tennessee to finally prove it.
Hard to prove your worth in a dumpster fire organization. Some of us always knew Tannehill was the guy you’re seeing in Tennessee, and that guy is good enough to win with, but few agreed. He wasn’t given the benefit of the doubt by most.

And relative to Tua, RT was a project, this was known from day 1. Tua was touted as generational…but he deserves time to prove it too…and I believe he starts laying down the receipts Sunday.

Ok… then explain how our offensive TOP, 3rd and 4th down efficiency and PPG were best in 20 seasons? If you have facts I’m happy to debate.
The NFL is an offensive league now. 2020 was the highest scoring season in NFL history. Every team's numbers were probably up.

Ok… then explain how our offensive TOP, 3rd and 4th down efficiency and PPG were best in 20 seasons? If you have facts I’m happy to debate.
Ryan Fitzpatrick..

it was all him..that’s why Gailey was brought in and it worked well until the team started messing with it.

The NFL is an offensive league now. 2020 was the highest scoring season in NFL history. Every team's numbers were probably up.
Ok even if true, how do you account for the 3rd and 4th down stats, TOP etc? In 20 years w so many offensive genius coaches and coordinators - and more experienced or better QBs even - we didn’t come anywhere near these numbers.

Back
Top Bottom