I dont have HBO so I have a question about Philbin for you hardcore guys | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont have HBO so I have a question about Philbin for you hardcore guys

One episode of Hard Knocks is a very small size, so it is hard to make a judgement just yet. However, he did come across as a little softer than I would expect an NFL coach to be. Only time will tell how this works out for him.

Not soft, he is just intelligent and goes about his business in a more intellectual way. Philbin is coming from a championship franchise, he knows what it takes to win.

You honestly think he does that if there are no cameras there? I don't think there's a chance in hell that happens if HBO wasn't filming

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Coughlin and Belichick have been coaches in the NFL for a long time. I don't think it's fair to compare them to Philbin.

In all honesty, i have no idea if CJ would have done that if the cameras were not there. There's a strong possibility he did if for the cameras, but CJ has also been known for acting similarly when the hardknocks cameras are not rolling. Regardless that's not the point of my original comment, I just wanted a point out a scene that i thought was interesting because that same behavior would not be tolerated by some of the prominent coaches in the league regardless if cameras were there or not i.e. Coughlin and Beli. That's not to say Philbin will not someday be an excellent coach, I liked a lot of what i saw from him in the episode. He seemed even-keeled and spoke to his players like they were men. I really liked the part where he took CJ to the side and explained to him his concerns about what happened at the press conference. He was completely respectful and at no one point was he talking down to CJ; the point seemed to get across too.

hahaha all you guys talking about Couglin being such a strict disciplinarian really have no idea about the guy. It's like you pick a championship coach and just insert whatever narrative you want to. Belichick and Coughlin are entirely different coaches, both in our they deal with players and how they manage their game.

Can you provide any evidence to suggest this about Coughlin? They're both under the Parcells coaching tree and they both have had reputations for playing close to the vest dictators. Beli in my opinion is much more rude to the media than Couglin, but Couglin albeit a fair straight shooter isn't exactly a media darling himself. They seem to share similar philosophies on how an organization should be ran and what it takes to win. Beli has changed his offensive philosophy in NE, but I think that has more to do with Brady than him having an epiphany in his philosophy.

I think you're blowing that out of proportion. Did he say he would have a team meeting and decide what to do?
. Some people are going to look for every flaw, every crack in Philbin to try and discredit him...whatever floats your boat. Some people just like to dwell on the negative and overlook the positive. .
So the 11 compliments I gave him, you some how missed, and the one thing, "leadership", that I said IMO he maybe could work on makes me someone who "dwells on the negative"?? And the part where I start out the 2nd paragraph by saying "I know this is a little thing" means I am "blowing that out of proportion"?? I was just agreeing with another poster and adding my own opionion. Sorry if it offended you, I don't like people who are always negative either, but personally I didn't really feel my post was negative. I made 12 statements and 11 of them were complimentary and one was not.

Not trying to get in a back in forth with you I am just trying to clearify. I DO really like Philbin and hope he is the one that gets this turned around. Like another poster said it really isn't fair to compare him with BB or Coughlin because this is his first gig. But this is a open forum where we are expressing our opinions and mine is as stated. It doesn't mean for a second that I am not happy with him or that I am a negative Nelly.

Damn they had him pegged.

On 790 right now They are talking about how Philbin reminded them of Cam. They are saying that the players dont fear or respect him and Chad is an A hole. Not the latter is probably true but what are you opinions on the new Coach and Staff?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom