I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross
More hyperbole. I get the Ross hatred, but there's a mega thread for that. Lots of road between where he is now, his 5th year option, and a new contract. Let's unfurl that argument after Tua has consistently proved he's worthy of a new contract (he will).

Don’t discount this factor: Tua is from the islands. He loves the water. While SoCal has water and weather, the *type* of water isn’t even close to home for him.

South Florida is the closest thing to island ocean he can get if he wants to live in one place year round.

Also, if he plays well, Ross has no problem spending money. Tua will be fine. AndRoss will get to say that Flores was the poop in the punchbowl who instigated the flirtations and poisoned their evaluation of Tua.

Don’t discount this factor: Tua is from the islands. He loves the water. While SoCal has water and weather, the *type* of water isn’t even close to home for him.

South Florida is the closest thing to island ocean he can get if he wants to live in one place year round.

Also, if he plays well, Ross has no problem spending money. Tua will be fine. AndRoss will get to say that Flores was the poop in the punchbowl who instigated the flirtations and poisoned their evaluation of Tua.
The whole topic is speculative hyperbole. If we have to, we can franchise him. It will come down to how he plays and how he feels about McD. We're at the prologue of the Tua story. Let's get a couple chapters in.

"...because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin."

Would you feel that way if we make the Super Bowl in the next three years?
Enquiring minds want to know - LOL
In order to save any shred of integrity, Ross better win a Superbowl or the history of his ownership tenure will be looked back on as a three ring circus.

In order to save any shred of integrity, Ross better win a Superbowl or the history of his ownership tenure will be looked back on as a three ring circus.
Good idea Rico. He probably hadn't thought of winning a Super Bowl until now. You should call him and broach that subject. Let's not pretend that all he touches is lead. He put one billion of his own money into the stadium and obviously is trying everything to field a winning team. Sure, he did some bonehead stuff that has been detrimental towards his goal, but the guy wants to win. He just needs to stop meddling and let his people run the ship. We have the right team and the right leadership. Ross just needs to go play with his grandkids and let Grier and McD cook the omelette.

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross
The Dolphins can control his rights and use the franchise tag on him if it ever comes to that point. So if Tua turns out to be really good, I doubt the Dolphins would just let him walk.

The players understand that a professional sports team is going to look to upgrade their roster. Tua knows he needs to play well to keep his job and increase his pay. If he does not have a good relationship and respect of the coaching staff, you could see him become a free agent or get traded. I hope, which this is coming from a Herbert supporter, that Tua is our starting QB in 5 years. This season will tell us if we drafted the right QB.

If they team retains and adds to the offensive personnel and the defense doesn’t fall off then he’d be a fool to leave.

The F.O. Or rather ownership has there problems. But there’s not much more you can ask for to put you in a situation to suceed as a Qb.

Back
Top Bottom